Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My biggest take away from the game is

Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,086
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
it's not worth it to stay up for this. I'm done with these late night games. I went to bed at half time and my only regret is that I even started.

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was partying Saturday night with friends. Preseason 2021 isn't important enough for me to give up my Saturday night.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    chuck said:

I was partying Saturday night with friends. Preseason 2021 isn't important enough for me to give up my Saturday night.

You should go back to dooging how good this all is for the program.
    Bigern is turning into the purpledawgfan of the board. I wish it were not so. Once he was a reasonable semi-doog. Now he's gone full time and it's awfully familiar. Sad.
    Don't buy into the hype. When was my last doog comment? This thread is just a bunch of kneejerk fairies seeking validation for not watching the game. And they get it. "I was out partying with friends". "Give me a fucking break. NOC. There's being a negadawg and then there's this site. I'm a normal poster who doesn't fall in line with the morose, depressed crowd and get called a doog because it's all relative. Open your eyes.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,178
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Bigern is turning into the purpledawgfan of the board. I wish it were not so. Once he was a reasonable semi-doog. Now he's gone full time and it's awfully familiar. Sad.
    Don't buy into the hype. When was my last doog comment? This thread is just a bunch of kneejerk fairies seeking validation for not watching the game. And they get it. "I was out partying with friends". "Give me a fucking break. NOC. There's being a negadawg and then there's this site. I'm a normal poster who doesn't fall in line with the morose, depressed crowd and get called a doog because it's all relative. Open your eyes.
    The doog doth protest too much.
  • Options
    Founders Club

chuck said:

The doog doth protest too much.
    Not crying about every goddamn thing in the Husky universe = doog.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

As texted someone else during the game, I gave up drinking before halftime as the game wasn’t worth wasting the booze (or calories) on...and if that isn’t a damning indictment of the team I don’t know what is.

I kinda was that way as well ... pretty sad
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020

chuck said:

OK @CallMeBigErn, I’ll engage with you.

I watched the game. All of it. Live. Despite all my negativity (that’s been well documented on this site) about this season and my deep skepticism about the new coaches, my Grinch heart grew 81% and I decided to tune in (not like I had anything better to do, but I digress).

What I saw was some sloppy ass football from both teams. Piss poor production (the announcers and camera crew were pretty bad).

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for me to be disappointed.
    I'll engage back. We won Lake's first game as a head coach, in a fucked up season, with a backup QB, in the rain, despite some sloppy play, and because of some good play. A win is a win. I'll take it. Asking for perfect play in the first game is foolish. This is college football and there's gonna be some growing pains with new coaches and a new system. On to the next. I hope we can clean it up a bit, play McGrew more, and catch the ball gooder. And yes, my dog could have called a better game than those announcers. And fuck Tim Brando too while we're at it.

Imagine being a Penn State or a Michigan fan.