Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

if you think Biden won

1235»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942
    edited November 2020
    Houhusky said:

This may be a naive thought - because I've never been anywhere near the election system and don't know the mechanics - but could the government spare a few hundred million to have the big 4 accounting firms do regional audits? Is there some kind of audit by an outside party not contolled by the government already in place?

It wouldn't have to be every single vote ... just like it's not every single transaction that the independent audit firms do on their conglomerate clients. A statistically significant spot audit. Maybe you do it in states where the vote was within some number of closeness. Maybe you do it in swing states.

IDK. Seems like it's about as fundamental a process as we have in this country. Why not make an effort to ensure it's clean?

Good question.

Just simply requiring the reporting of gross total votes cast before any votes are known for each locality would make it significantly harder for the type of infinite 3 am count cheating to occur. Throw in the rather logical cleaning of inactive/ineligible voter rolls and it becomes a lot harder to cheat for basically zero cost.

We used to collect and have granular voter data with gross totals... it was changed in a bunch of states prior to the 2018 election including in Georgia. Which is why on election night the state data was a ranged percentage vote ("votes counted 67-85%") in rather than the specific % voted in all other previous modern presidential elections.
    Interesting. Not my area, so I'm not sure of the federal jurisdictional analysis here, but it would seem at a glance that the fed could enact some basic rules of the road by which the states have to follow in terms of their voting laws and procedures. Just like a state constitution can have whatever provisions they wanted to enact so long as they don't go beyond federal constituional boundaries, why couldn't there be a federal body of laws that draw out some basic requirements with which all state voting laws would have to jibe? There's federal legislation and SCOTUS jurisprudence that makes illegal certain actions that work in effect to deny the franchise. Why couldn't there be some basic safeguards of the type you describe as a baseline by which all states have to abide?

Anyway, clearly not my area of expertise.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Nixon was praised in 1960 for shutting up and taking it as a true statesman. He got his reward by getting the usual full court media hate press and eventually being run out of town

60 years later the GOP still thinks this is a neat strategy.

Yes this is absolutely true
    Elected to two terms as President = Run out of town

Stalin agrees
    This doesn't make sense and it appears that you're intentionally misrepresenting what I said. This is why I disregard most of what you post.
    So you responded to Race's remark about Nixon's concession in 1960 because . . .?
    He referenced how Nixon took the stately gentleman high road in 1960 and it didn't matter 13 years later when the media ganged up and destroyed him. I was agreeing wholeheartedly with what Race said.
    Destroyed for his criminality. Really unfair. Kinda mean even.
    Please compare and contrast Nixon's Watergate with Obama's spying on the Trump campaign.
    Nixon was a piker compared to Obama.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Nixon was praised in 1960 for shutting up and taking it as a true statesman. He got his reward by getting the usual full court media hate press and eventually being run out of town

Stalin agrees
    This doesn't make sense and it appears that you're intentionally misrepresenting what I said. This is why I disregard most of what you post.
    So you responded to Race's remark about Nixon's concession in 1960 because . . .?
    He referenced how Nixon took the stately gentleman high road in 1960 and it didn't matter 13 years later when the media ganged up and destroyed him. I was agreeing wholeheartedly with what Race said.
    Please compare and contrast Nixon's Watergate with Obama's spying on the Trump campaign.
    Biggest contrast: the former actually happened.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Stalin agrees
    Why even bother with this liar?
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Stalin agrees
    What were the FISA warrants for if they weren't spying on the Campaign Dazzler? Shameless liar or just ignorant fool? Take your pick Dazzler.

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Stalin agrees
    Why even bother with this liar?
    He is either proudly parading his ignorance around for us all to see, or he is just a shameless liar.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    edited November 2020
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Stalin agrees
    What were the FISA warrants for if they weren't spying on the Campaign Dazzler? Shameless liar or just ignorant fool? Take your pick Dazzler.
    Madam, Sled's allegation wasn't that FISA warrants were issued. We can agree they were. Obama didn't spy on Daddy's campaign.
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Stalin agrees
    Madam, Sled's allegation wasn't that FISA warrants were issued. We can agree they were. Obama didn't spy on Daddy's campaign.
    Got it, so what did the FISA warrants allow them to do Dazzler?
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Stalin agrees
    Keep Russian interference in check
    doogie said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Stalin agrees
    Keep Russian interference in check
    And how did they do that?
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Stalin agrees
    Weird how Dazzler ran away like a Kunt from this thread.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

HHusky said:

This may be a naive thought - because I've never been anywhere near the election system and don't know the mechanics - but could the government spare a few hundred million to have the big 4 accounting firms do regional audits? Is there some kind of audit by an outside party not contolled by the government already in place?

It wouldn't have to be every single vote ... just like it's not every single transaction that the independent audit firms do on their conglomerate clients. A statistically significant spot audit. Maybe you do it in states where the vote was within some number of closeness. Maybe you do it in swing states.

IDK. Seems like it's about as fundamental a process as we have in this country. Why not make an effort to ensure it's clean?

My biggest issue with that is that it seems to be a check on the honesty of the process based solely upon innuendo and rumor and Twitter and Facebook, etc. Never any evidence.

The process has many, many checks and safeguards as it is. I can't be the only one who has heard from County Elections to ask whether my now much messier signature really is my signature, for example. The story involving a supposed 118 year old Michigan voter only got identified because people already check; and it's already been explained too. The South Carolina search for the supposed 800 dead voters of several years ago concluded with a goose egg.
    Ok. But all of corporate America with publicly traded shares has to be audited and qualified opinions disclosed even though most companies are not ENRON or Worldcom. The threat of loss of faith in capital markets was so severe that we got Sarbanes-Oxley. Nothing works 100% 100% of the time, but large scale corporate fraud and baking the books is a much riskier proposition now than it was 20 years ago.

Same thing here. If the vote is within some range of difference, why not turn one of the firms loose on it? We piss away $$ at the government level on absolutely nonsense. Why not spend a few hundred million on this?

Wouldn't be the first time the answer to a government problem was found in the private sector.
    I think the reason that allocating resources to independent auditors hasn’t gained traction or hardly a mention is that both parties do it.

It just happens that the vid opened up a hole bigger than 3 semis and the Dems seized advantage. While Trump was questioning this 6 months ago, He, like always, received no support to fight it from the Party.

The Party that gained many down ballot spots including a few in the House just because of his presence in the Election.

The gayme was lost months ago when the Party bent over and took it dry to allow mail in ballots to states with no infrastructure to handle it. The Party knew it. It takes at least a year to set up secure mail in elections for a State that didn’t do it. As per my County Clerk acquaintance anyway.

• PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,460 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020
    uh oh commies:
    https://twitter.com/ShannonBream/status/1324876349107003393?s=20

"BREAKING FROM SCOTUS: Justice Alito has issued an Order than any ballots received after after 8pm on election day in PA be segregated and secured - and if counted, counted separately. There is a petition pending before SCOTUS. Alito orders opposing side to reply by 2p Saturday."
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,460 Swaye's Wigwam
    Reminder to the Tug leftists that it is likely going to be the Supreme Court, not the press, that determines who won
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,714
    I've been a part of the left-wing plot, I know about millions of Trump ballots being destroyed.

Let me just say this: O'Keefe is on the right track. If there is one thing that scares my fellow plotters it is being found out by this intrepid truth-teller.

This could legit turn the election around. I'm pissed and scared.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,714

uh oh commies:
    https://twitter.com/ShannonBream/status/1324876349107003393?s=20

"BREAKING FROM SCOTUS: Justice Alito has issued an Order than any ballots received after after 8pm on election day in PA be segregated and secured - and if counted, counted separately. There is a petition pending before SCOTUS. Alito orders opposing side to reply by 2p Saturday."

Fuck!!! This is going to be big. The left was so close.
  • DuckwithaboneDuckwithabone Member Posts: 272

Reminder to the Tug leftists that it is likely going to be the Supreme Court, not the press, that determines who won

No it won’t. Hth

No it won’t. Hth
    Oh okay that settles it. Damn.