Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Question for my kitchen remodeling guysm?

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

$30k gets you a Tug kitchen. $60k gets you a @creepycoug Finance Bored kitchen.

Who are you?

What do you think?
    Looks like a @creepycoug lean but you seem to be entertaining a Tug budget.

The Wolf/Sub-Zero name is worth the premium in product, prestige, and value.

While a much smaller expense, if you don’t get a Miele dishwasher I’ll come down there and punch you in the throat.

I more like an $1100 Bosch dishwasher kind of guy. Super quiet and gets the shit clean. I have a down draft range on a island. Might limit my options some.
    Second the Bosch dishwasher...my last one was a loud piece of junk. Replaced it with a Bosch and can’t even hear the thing run. Works great too, but we also rinse our dishes to be basically clean before they go in so it’s not like it has to do much.
    The only things I don't like about the current dishwashers is the green whackos took away my heated dry option. Jet Dry in Bosch works well, but I still wish my dished could be Dwag bone dry.
    Do yourself a favor and look at the Miele. Trust me on this.

Bosch is evil.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,307
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who are you?

What do you think?

While a much smaller expense, if you don’t get a Miele dishwasher I’ll come down there and punch you in the throat.

I more like an $1100 Bosch dishwasher kind of guy. Super quiet and gets the shit clean. I have a down draft range on a island. Might limit my options some.
    Second the Bosch dishwasher...my last one was a loud piece of junk. Replaced it with a Bosch and can’t even hear the thing run. Works great too, but we also rinse our dishes to be basically clean before they go in so it’s not like it has to do much.
    Bosch (and many other manufacturers) actually recommend that you don't do this. The particles of food and shit on your dishes act as an abrasive to better clean the rest of the dishes. My complaint with my Bosch dishwasher is that Bosch uses a filter screen instead of a garbage disposal style shredding impeller. So they tell you to put your dishes in dirty to help the cleaning process, but the dishwasher doesn't automatically remove any of that crap that doesn't fit through the screen, so the dishwasher builds up gunk and plugs from time to time. It's an extra task to have to periodically remove and clean the filter screen.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Who are you?

What do you think?

Bosch (and many other manufacturers) actually recommend that you don't do this. The particles of food and shit on your dishes act as an abrasive to better clean the rest of the dishes. My complaint with my Bosch dishwasher is that Bosch uses a filter screen instead of a garbage disposal style shredding impeller. So they tell you to put your dishes in dirty to help the cleaning process, but the dishwasher doesn't automatically remove any of that crap that doesn't fit through the screen, so the dishwasher builds up gunk and plugs from time to time. It's an extra task to have to periodically remove and clean the filter screen.
    Agreed, but the screen is easy to remove and cleans up quickly. The impeller and motor eventually get fucked up and the washer won't drain. That was the last one. Of course, if I weren't a giant pussy I'd buy the motor and install it myself.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,914
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who are you?

What do you think?

Agreed, but the screen is easy to remove and cleans up quickly. The impeller and motor eventually get fucked up and the washer won't drain. That was the last one. Of course, if I weren't a giant pussy I'd buy the motor and install it myself.
    I never found cleaning out the Bosch screen once every couple weeks to be a pain. @BennyBeaver why is Bosch evil? Are they like Krupps or something?
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Who are you?

What do you think?

When they are all rinsed pretty much clean don’t really need an abrasive to clean the rest...a lot of that though is just “environmental friendliness”...

Agree on the filter.
  • Options
    I literally, actually, remembered because of this thread that it had been a while since I cleaned the filter and just did it.

Who says HCH isn't useful?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Who are you?

What do you think?

I never found cleaning out the Bosch screen once every couple weeks to be a pain. @BennyBeaver why is Bosch evil? Are they like Krupps or something?
    Miele has the screen too.

My hatred for Bosch comes from years of banging heads with them in competition for business. Fuck those guys.
  • Options

Dishwasher hawt talk. Sad to see how far this board has fallen.

But it's the most sophisticated dishwasher hawt talk you'll find anywhere, right?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,307
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Who are you?

What do you think?

Same. I took it apart and was able to fix it, but it still kind of pissed me off. All to save a couple bucks on a motor and macerating impeller? Sure, it's not hard to clean the screen, but not as easy as not having to do it at all. Plus, the consequences of forgetting can be expensive.
  • Options

Who are you?

What do you think?

Same. I took it apart and was able to fix it, but it still kind of pissed me off. All to save a couple bucks on a motor and macerating impeller? Sure, it's not hard to clean the screen, but not as easy as not having to do it at all. Plus, the consequences of forgetting can be expensive.
    In your case it makes sense, given your machine head bias for things with moving parts. For us house husbands (hi @BearsWiin ), it has to be easy peasy. If we have to unplug the thing before we do the work, it's likely work we shouldn't be doing.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2021

Who are you?

What do you think?

My hatred for Bosch comes from years of banging heads with them in competition for business. Fuck those guys.

Like we say, fuck off.

#teambosch
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dishwasher hawt talk. Sad to see how far this board has fallen.

I had this thread on my bored back for Creep made this into the Lazarus bored. But I decided to move it over here before my brand suffered too much.
  • Options

Who are you?

What do you think?

Like we say, fuck off.

#teambosch

Who are you?

What do you think?

Like we say, fuck off.

#teambosch
    Dino the Dago!!

#thetown
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Don't skimp on quality. Our appraisal just came back 10% higher than even my most optimistic prediction, in large part because we invested in quality during our renovations

also the market is fucking crazy right now
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

Don't skimp on quality. Our appraisal just came back 10% higher than even my most optimistic prediction, in large part because we invested in quality during our renovations

We ain’t too far behind Aptos prices now.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

lolno

https://www.mlslistings.com/property/ml81832045/510-modesto-ave-santa-cruz-ca-95060/14552182
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

lolno

https://www.mlslistings.com/property/ml81832045/510-modesto-ave-santa-cruz-ca-95060/14552182
    That’s a block from the Pacific Ocean my dude.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

lolno

That’s a block from the Pacific Ocean my dude.
    my neighborhood

https://www.mlslistings.com/property/ml81831761/324-palmer-ave-aptos-ca-95003/14548849