Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Election Poll - Call It

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Biden, but much closer than the poles predicted because polesters are charlatans.
    Honestly I think HH brings more value to the world than fucking pollsters lol
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Biden in a landslide. Big orange dummy finally bested by geriatric creeper.

Honestly I think HH brings more value to the world than fucking pollsters lol

If they were only mostly incorrect predictive tools they wouldn't have millions of dollars swirling around them.

Like it or not, people (and outcomes) are manipulated by them... they are highly valuable, just not if you are sitting in the corner playing connect four by yourself.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,283
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Trump in a contested election that the SCOTUS (by SCOTUS I mean Barrett) decides.
    So Barrett confirmed. On track for SCOTUS to put Trump in
  • Options
    SarksHootersTabSarksHootersTab Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic First Comment
    Houhusky said:

The rest of Penn is going harder for Trump this time than 4 years ago...even the African American vote is trending more his way. It really is going to be how many ballots they can print in Philly and print with no signatures to see if they can magically get them counted.

Some PosiMAGAs do not see the table that is being set...

NateSilver ejecting the last +Trump favorite pollster (Trafalger) from his very popular "538 modeling" and hinting at all the plus biden polls only being wrong IF trump cheats...

They are setting the table to create the reality they wish for...
    I’m not a political person, but I do thinks it’s interesting to follow trends in the demographic statistics and data. But if you think Silver kicked out Trafalgar because he doesn’t like them and wants to turn the election.... lol. They posted the first poll they’ve ever had with complete cross tabs on demographics and had Trump winning 28% of the black vote and 29% of democratic votes in Michigan. If you know anything at all about the current political climate, you know how absurd that is. They then took down the crosstabs after getting shit on on twitter. I’ll come right back here and eat crow if either of those numbers is within 10% of the final total. They won’t be. Not saying that the polls won’t be way off, but Trafalgar‘s methodology was certainly not close to sound
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Biden, but much closer than the poles predicted because polesters are charlatans.

Houhusky said:

The rest of Penn is going harder for Trump this time than 4 years ago...even the African American vote is trending more his way. It really is going to be how many ballots they can print in Philly and print with no signatures to see if they can magically get them counted.

NateSilver ejecting the last +Trump favorite pollster (Trafalger) from his very popular "538 modeling" and hinting at all the plus biden polls only being wrong IF trump cheats...

I’m not a political person, but I do thinks it’s interesting to follow trends in the demographic statistics and data. But if you think Silver kicked out Trafalgar because he doesn’t like them and wants to turn the election.... lol. They posted the first poll they’ve ever had with complete cross tabs on demographics and had Trump winning 28% of the black vote and 29% of democratic votes in Michigan. If you know anything at all about the current political climate, you know how absurd that is. They then took down the crosstabs after getting shit on on twitter. I’ll come right back here and eat crow if either of those numbers is within 10% of the final total. They won’t be. Not saying that the polls won’t be way off, but Trafalgar‘s methodology was certainly not close to sound
    Kudos for having a reason.

Now, LEAVE
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2020
    Biden in a contested election because Barrett isn't seated and Roberts is a giant faggot.

Houhusky said:

Trafalgar’s methodology was the only one that predicted Trump winning FL, PA and MI in 2016 and DeSantis winning FL in 2018 but I’m sure Silver has fixed everything now and Trafalgar magically screwed everything up this time.

The Michigan #s don’t surprise me...having friends up there they absolutely despise the Governor and hated NAFTA.

That said, not sure his model will capture all the dead voting...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Found one you guysm alt
  • Options
    SarksHootersTabSarksHootersTab Member Posts: 8
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Not political person... then mentions cross tabs that 99% of people what no idea what those even are and explains the "reasoning" perfectly...

538 themselves reported it last week... https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-losing-ground-with-white-voters-but-gaining-among-black-and-hispanic-americans/

They literally cited UCLA's Nationscape polling that shows Trump closing the gap in Black support from 82 points in 2016 to 71 points this year...

That was a national poll... The Michigan specific polling with have higher numbers both in black support and cross over support than the national average.

Getting a positive personal shout out by Trump has a lot more to do with them getting chopped...

I don’t think politics has a definitive answer, it’s heavily based on worldview and what news source you trust/rely on. I think the game of who wins politics is interesting and I love stats and data. I wrote my main college essay on practical interpretations of sports and business statistics. So yes I can explain what a crosstab is, but I’m not gonna get worked up about who wins or loses. And to your point you’re right that Trump has gained among both black and Hispanic voters, but those 538 numbers you cite have Trump down 71 points among black voters and the trafalgar crosstabs have him down 36. 35 point swing from the consensus? Just because Michigan is for some reason susceptible? If Trump wins anything close to that percent among black voters than he wins an outrageous number of EVs. 350+ which could happen but not super likely.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AS of this AM, Nate's got Trump with 12% chance of winning the EC. So either he's gonna be smoking weed and talking shit or the Tug will. Either way it's gonna be interesting.

• Options

AS of this AM, Nate's got Trump with 12% chance of winning the EC. So either he's gonna be smoking weed and talking shit or the Tug will. Either way it's gonna be interesting.

He will just do the same thing that all forecasters do... "well I did say there was a ~10% that Trump would win"

FWIW the betting markets have Trump at 35%
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

He will just do the same thing that all forecasters do... "well I did say there was a ~10% that Trump would win"

FWIW the betting markets have Trump at 35%
    Not too long ago the betting markets were close to 50/50.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump in a tight one because all the poles are bullshit.
    https://reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-poll/clinton-has-90-percent-chance-of-winning-reuters-ipsos-states-of-the-nation-idUSKBN1322J1

NEW YORK (Reuters) - With hours to go before Americans vote, Democrat Hillary Clinton has about a 90 percent chance of defeating Republican Donald Trump in the race for the White House, according to the final Reuters/Ipsos States of the Nation project.

Her chances are roughly similar to last week’s odds, and any upset by Trump on Tuesday depends on an unlikely combination of turnouts of white, black and Hispanic voters in six or seven states, according to the survey released on Monday.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2016-election-forecast/

November 9th

• Options
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    QUACK!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trump. I don't vote for losers.

You voted for Obama?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Not political person... then mentions cross tabs that 99% of people what no idea what those even are and explains the "reasoning" perfectly...

538 themselves reported it last week... https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trump-is-losing-ground-with-white-voters-but-gaining-among-black-and-hispanic-americans/

They literally cited UCLA's Nationscape polling that shows Trump closing the gap in Black support from 82 points in 2016 to 71 points this year...

That was a national poll... The Michigan specific polling with have higher numbers both in black support and cross over support than the national average.

Getting a positive personal shout out by Trump has a lot more to do with them getting chopped...

Have to say, this was the first thing that occurred to me as I read the post. Have no idea what the right answer is here; I've not historically been a follower of polling, other than I remember how Trump completely outran them in 2016.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2020
    Trump in a tight one because all the poles are bullshit.
    I believe historically polls are pretty accurate

The science is settled. Trump was an anomaly. Was it the pollsters or the pollees?

Is he still an anomaly? Stay tuned