Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Election Poll - Call It

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,534
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Biden, but much closer than the poles predicted because polesters are charlatans.
    One of the most telling items I have read on polling, which I can not find right now, is that 50% of likely voters that have stated Biden are folks that are anti-Trump not pro Biden.

So if the Red at 41% even has 10% that are voting Biden that puts advantage Biden in Wiscy.

Unfortunately we will never know that answer - do they ever give out the number of registered voters that voted against their own party?

but then I could be blowing it out my ass which Mrs Lebam says happens way too often
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Biden in a landslide. Big orange dummy finally bested by geriatric creeper.
    LebamDawg said:

One of the most telling items I have read on polling, which I can not find right now, is that 50% of likely voters that have stated Biden are folks that are anti-Trump not pro Biden.

So if the Red at 41% even has 10% that are voting Biden that puts advantage Biden in Wiscy.

Unfortunately we will never know that answer - do they ever give out the number of registered voters that voted against their own party?

but then I could be blowing it out my ass which Mrs Lebam says happens way too often

most small timer models are pushing a crude 5% republican for Biden, 10% dem for Trump.

It varies a few percentages with state, age, demographic, voting frequency and a bunch of other stuff... pretty subjective variable in the model...

Most are taking the general idea that if you voted for Trump in 2016, you are probably voting for him again.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Biden, but much closer than the poles predicted because polesters are charlatans.
    Houhusky said:

LebamDawg said:

most small timer models are pushing a crude 5% republican for Biden, 10% dem for Trump.

It varies a few percentages with state, age, demographic, voting frequency and a bunch of other stuff... pretty subjective variable in the model...

Most are taking the general idea that if you voted for Trump in 2016, you are probably voting for him again.
    so kind of a SWAG
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

Houhusky said:

LebamDawg said:

so kind of a SWAG
    yeah, a small one and one that will likely favor republicans this time around.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2020
    Biden in a contested election because Barrett isn't seated and Roberts is a giant faggot.
    Repubs voted Trump 95% in the primary...one of the highest % for a candidate running for reelection. There are some Repubs that won’t vote for him, but it’s not a significant amount.

They are going to really have to cheat in Philly...the rest of the state is much more favorable to Trump this time around. It is going to be egregious, and they still will likely get away with it.

If Trump wins Wisconsin and Minnesota it won’t matter, but that is asking a lot.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Trump will win this relatively easy.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    edited October 2020
    Trump wins this thing and it isn't close! Dementia never even got its' boots on...

I still feel good about my prediction. I’m also happy to be moving to Idaho next weekend before Washington burns.

The 509 is safe. Just higher gas prices.

The fire line will be at Vantage. No winter burning East of that.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,452
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Trump wins this thing and it isn't close! Dementia never even got its' boots on...

I still feel good about my prediction. I’m also happy to be moving to Idaho next weekend before Washington burns.

Lewis county will probably be fine too. The rest of the I-5 corridor could be a shitshow tho.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Lewis county will probably be fine too. The rest of the I-5 corridor could be a shitshow tho.
    I hope so - I am 15 miles past Pe Ell in Pacific county. If Lewis falls, the Willapa Valley is close behind
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,548
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Biden in a contested election because Barrett isn't seated and Roberts is a giant faggot.
    I live in Bellevue and Saturday night’s little tantrum was barely felt. The carnage will be concentrated in DT Seattle.

Boats with trump flags out all over Juanita Bay in Saturday around lunch time.
  • Options
    Tiny sample size, Philly ballot laundering is off the charts, no chance in PA.

Trump is going to have to win WI, MI, AZ
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Houhusky said:

Trump has PA rather easily, but thar’s just my gut.

A sample size of 400 is large for a single state like PA. Most national polls sample ~1000 out of 340 million people. 400 in PA, which has less than 13 million citizens.

Statistically, the PA poll should be more accurate than any national poll.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump in a tight one because all the poles are bullshit.

Houhusky said:

Trump has PA rather easily, but thar’s just my gut.

A sample size of 400 is large for a single state like PA. Most national polls sample ~1000 out of 340 million people. 400 in PA, which has less than 13 million citizens.

Statistically, the PA poll should be more accurate than any national poll.
    Any sample size above 30 should be statistically relevant IF it is random enough in its sample selection.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    The rest of Penn is going harder for Trump this time than 4 years ago...even the African American vote is trending more his way. It really is going to be how many ballots they can print in Philly and print with no signatures to see if they can magically get them counted.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,113
    Founders Club
    Trump in a contested election that the SCOTUS (by SCOTUS I mean Barrett) decides.
    In a weird way a strong black vote for trump could heal quite a bit nationally. Unless CNN wants to call 30M people uncle toms
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,474
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Played around with an electoral map today. Nothing groundbreaking in my analysis, but I think PA and NC are keys. And if Trump loses one of Michigan and Wisconsin he has to win both PA and NC to win re-election. Just my two cents.
  • Options

The rest of Penn is going harder for Trump this time than 4 years ago...even the African American vote is trending more his way. It really is going to be how many ballots they can print in Philly and print with no signatures to see if they can magically get them counted.

Some PosiMAGAs do not see the table that is being set...

NateSilver ejecting the last +Trump favorite pollster (Trafalger) from his very popular "538 modeling" and hinting at all the plus biden polls only being wrong IF trump cheats...

They are setting the table to create the reality they wish for...