Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Election Poll - Call It

Comments

• Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Game over, boys. Not at all meant to create a narrative...

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020
    Biden, but much closer than the poles predicted because polesters are charlatans.
    https://hotair.com/archives/jazz-shaw/2020/10/28/ibd-tipp-trump-now-ahead-2016/
    This doesn’t mean that Trump is in any danger of winning the popular vote, but as we saw four years ago, he doesn’t really need to. And then there’s this alarming (to Democrats) headline from Newsweek. If the popular vote is “close” (definitions of that word in this context vary), Biden’s path to victory grows increasingly tenuous.

If the popular vote between President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden is nearly a tie, Trump has an 88 percent chance of re-election, researchers of the Electoral College predict in a recent study.

The Electoral College system has a bias which is set to favor the Republican presidential candidate in 2020 again, but the discrepancy between the popular vote and electoral votes will not be as wide as the “statistical outlier” election of 2016.

That study’s conclusion as of this week is that if Joe Biden carries the popular vote 52-48, Donald Trump has an 88% of winning the electoral college. So if IBD/TIPP is anywhere near being in the ballpark of reality, this thing is far from over.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2020
  • Options
    In other words, MSNBC is trying to rally more Dems to the voting booth. Coercion, 101.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Biden, but much closer than the poles predicted because polesters are charlatans.
    When profiling goes wrong. Not what I expected.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,782
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Trump wins this thing and it isn't close! Dementia never even got its' boots on...

DON'T YOU DARE!!!

Freedom is on the ballot.

• Options

There are a lot of Pennsylvania Democrats voting Trump in 2020, as they did in 2016.

Presler is dorky but passionate and his Twitter shows it. He works his tail off on a minimal budget and stays mostly with fellow Trump supporters at their homes. It’s truly grassroots. Respect it a lot.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,927
    Founders Club
    Trump in a tight one because all the poles are bullshit.

I'm not a big Hannity fan. But he nailed the Russian collusion fake news from the beginning. He and Levin were the two biggest media players in truth on this. So, I cut him a huge amount of slack. Tucker definitely rules.

It's not to say that he is wrong about everything and deserves to be punched in the cunt. It's that he's just an arrogant gas bag and that's not a fun thing to listen to. I feel the same about O'Reilly
  • Options

I'm not a big Hannity fan. But he nailed the Russian collusion fake news from the beginning. He and Levin were the two biggest media players in truth on this. So, I cut him a huge amount of slack. Tucker definitely rules.

It's not to say that he is wrong about everything and deserves to be punched in the cunt. It's that he's just an arrogant gas bag and that's not a fun thing to listen to. I feel the same about O'Reilly
    Hannity just can’t shut his mouth and let his much more intelligent and informed guests speak. It was maddening when I used to listen to it. Then he had his 3 minutes of Democrats saying dumb things on his radio show each segment and I lost interest completely.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,845
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

That's what I said. :) But he does deserve huge credit for his reporting the facts on Russiagate. Frankly, I was surprised at the fine job he did on this. Rather Tucker was on the radio at noon.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020
    @AnimalMother has spoken

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Hannity just can’t shut his mouth and let his much more intelligent and informed guests speak. It was maddening when I used to listen to it. Then he had his 3 minutes of Democrats saying dumb things on his radio show each segment and I lost interest completely.
    He lost me when he used the "fear" method during the ebola stuff and said we are all going to die, Plant of the Apes style. It was pure garbage.
  • Options
    Regardless of the results, the positive vibes at a Trump rally compared to the doom and gloom of a Biden rally are as opposite as it gets in politics.

Watching Biden, I just can’t see how he would have any chance at all if The News was even a little bit critical of him.

• Options
    Trump needs the Presidency like he needs a hole in the head. His campaign slogan might as well be "Fuck it. If you want Biden instead of me, enjoy your own demise."
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020
    Trump in a tight one because all the poles are bullshit.

pawz said:

St. Jude Children's Hospital. I know it's not as fun as GOA or something but it's a lot more deserving than a lobby group.

Gentlemen's bet and all.

Edit: I'm also fine with putting the cash up ahead of tim to @Swaye or @DerekJohnson for safekeeping.

Escrow for sure.

Sure got quiet once the actual escrow was mentioned...

pawz said:

St. Jude Children's Hospital. I know it's not as fun as GOA or something but it's a lot more deserving than a lobby group.

Gentlemen's bet and all.

Edit: I'm also fine with putting the cash up ahead of tim to @Swaye or @DerekJohnson for safekeeping.

Escrow for sure.

The bet is on and I'll pay up if I lose but I'm not going to fork over cash to random internet degens before I have to. Nice try.

Btw, are we betting on the Midwest states that I called out throbber on (MN, MI, PA, WI) or the overall election result? I'm fine with either but want it spelled out so there's no bullshit after the fact.

pawz said:

Gentlemen's bet and all.

Escrow for sure.

The bet is on and I'll pay up if I lose but I'm not going to fork over cash to random internet degens before I have to. Nice try.

Btw, are we betting on the Midwest states that I called out throbber on (MN, MI, PA, WI) or the overall election result? I'm fine with either but want it spelled out so there's no bullshit after the fact.
    Election results. @DerekJohnson is random internet degen? News to me since I send him money every year and he has my real name and address.

doogie said:

pawz said:

pawz said:

Gentlemen's bet and all.

Escrow for sure.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1322044#Comment_1322044

If you read through this thread and can't figure out @DerekJohnson or @Swaye or a handful of others aren't a safe escrow, then you are dumber than originally thought, a coward, or had no intent to honor the wager in the first place. Probably no clearer case of #abundance than this bored has seen in a while.

Also, it proves my earlier poont that @UW_Doog_Bot had more to lose in a banishment wager.

Cliffs: Step up or STFU
    This has nothing to do with you and I don't give a fuck if you don't think I'll honor it. If uw bot doesn't trust me to pay up then why should I trust his buddies to be a safe escrow? All I know is I'm good for it and despite my differences with bot, I believe he's good for it as well. Fuck off.
    Imagine going to Vegas to lay down a Super Bowl bet and telling the Bookie you’re good for it then throwing a Childish Tantrum when the Bookie calls security to have you thrown into the street.
    Imagine caring this much about a bet you're not involved in. Fuck off.
    Unsurprisingly, escrow was a term you refused and avoided.

Per everyone's expectations, you didn't mention this again unless you "won" and would have never paid had you lost.

Once upon a tim I was a card carrying member of the ACLU. I at least respect your choice of that charity even if I think they've lost their way these days to put it mildly so I'll think about donating.

Let's not pretend we came to full terms though.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    Trump wins this thing and it isn't close! Dementia never even got its' boots on...
    Trump by a landslide and gaining seats in congress. As soon as we count the legal votes more house congressional seats will flip as well as the presidential vote.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Biden in a landslide. Big orange dummy finally bested by geriatric creeper.
    Sledog said:

Trump by a landslide and gaining seats in congress. As soon as we count the legal votes more house congressional seats will flip as well as the presidential vote.

we?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    edited December 2020

Nice car you have. Power Seats and everything!