Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I don't think Kristi is going to be President

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    dnc said:

Goduckies said:

So they have the same death ratio and never closed down or destroyed their economy and you think that is bad.

This is what I don't understand. No one ever claimed staying open is going to do a better job of stopping the virus than shutting down. They just claimed that shutting down isn't going to help enough to justify the massive toll on the economy, personal freedom, domestic violence, increased drug and alcohol abuse, mental health issues, suicides, etc.

Numbers that are even close to a state that went full Inslee is a massive win for Noem.
    At this point, a measured re-opening up would have achieved better results.

Its clear that the virus' impact and risks on anyone who is under 50 is minimal. The curve was flattened, containment was always impossible. A vaccine (despite Trumps optimism) is still highly unlikely.

A lockdown during the early stages made sense while the medical resources were pooled and they dialed in therapeutics (flatten the curve). But after a few weeks things should have been opened in planned stages based on the generalized risk to population groups and strain on the medical field.

The sooner that the population is inoculated against the disease the better, the best way to achieve that is for healthy young adults to return to their normal lives and allow for the healthy, <50, general population to reach herd immunity the old fashioned way. Instead, the blanket lockdowns prevent otherwise low risk population groups from helping the greater community with the herd immunity that would protect the at risk.

Also, If you are a healthy 20 yr old its an entirely reasonable conclusion that a rushed vaccine is higher risk to you than the disease itself.

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    dnc said:

Goduckies said:

So they have the same death ratio and never closed down or destroyed their economy and you think that is bad.

This is what I don't understand. No one ever claimed staying open is going to do a better job of stopping the virus than shutting down. They just claimed that shutting down isn't going to help enough to justify the massive toll on the economy, personal freedom, domestic violence, increased drug and alcohol abuse, mental health issues, suicides, etc.

Numbers that are even close to a state that went full Inslee is a massive win for Noem.
    South Dakota has built in social distancing and wasn't subjected to an undisclosed outbreak within its borders as Washington was. There is very little excuse for SD to have anything even approaching Washington's numbers. Far from needing to shut down in order to keep numbers low, even modest precautions would have kept the numbers down in SD. But Noem perceived it to be in her political interest to ignore and even mock precautions. We'll see how it turns out.
    edited October 2020

HHusky said:

dnc said:

Goduckies said:

South Dakota has built in social distancing and wasn't subjected to an undisclosed outbreak within its borders as Washington was. There is very little excuse for SD to have anything even approaching Washington's numbers. Far from needing to shut down in order to keep numbers low, even modest precautions would have kept the numbers down in SD. But Noem perceived it to be in her political interest to ignore and even mock precautions. We'll see how it turns out.
    Built in social distancing like every fucking county in Washington except for King?

SD will have the same 99.94% survival rate as everywhere else in the country.

Wipe Inslee’s science seman off your chin, Dazzler.
    I think making things up was the right move.

Well played!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,117 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sorry, but if the SD Health Department has a similar graph for deaths, I couldn't find it.

But if you paid any attention at all, you'd know that the Dakotas are now putting up impressive death numbers for two states that don't either of them have even a million residents.
    Because there aren't deaths

And no they aren't putting up impressive death numbers. That's a lie. As usual
    They got a late start, but they're racking 'em up lately. North Dakota has already blown past Washington in deaths as a percentage of population. South Dakota will do so in a few days.
    They averaged less than 2 deaths a day in Sept but ok.

Keep lying Eunuch...

They had almost no deaths for months, so 2 a day is a significant increase. Given South Dakota’s minuscule population, that equates to more than 750 deaths/day in a country of 331 million.
    What is "almost no"...one a day? They average 2 deaths a day for flu/pneumonia/respiratory and almost 5 a day due to cancer.

Sounds serious....everyone should lock down and not leave their house for weeks... Keep rooting for something that is always magically 2 weeks away from being serious...

Eunuch.

I remember when you gals were chortling over the idea of 100,000 US Covid deaths.
    And we're up to 10,000 actual Covid deaths without co-morbidities. I'm so glad we'll go 5 trillion in debt for this sham.
    This is easily the stupidest narrative the Trumptards have. You have any clue how many Americans are running around with "co-morbidities"?

And I guess the 275,000 excess deaths year to date were all suicides.
    A lot less than 2+ million in a few months you claimed. Who's been more right you or Trump? Trump saved over 2 million lives!

Suck it.

dnc said:

Goduckies said:

Why is this so hard for leftards to understand? Viruses gonna virus. No need to fuck the economy into the ground for good measure. I can’t wait to move to Idaho.
    You think you're looking forward to it!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,117 Standard Supporter

@HHusky starts thread on South Dakota not shutting down

When challenged about Biden mandating a national lockdown H accuses us gals of wanting a one size fits all solution

That kind of stupidity is impressive

HH puts in the time and hard work!
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sorry, but if the SD Health Department has a similar graph for deaths, I couldn't find it.

But if you paid any attention at all, you'd know that the Dakotas are now putting up impressive death numbers for two states that don't either of them have even a million residents.
    Because there aren't deaths

And no they aren't putting up impressive death numbers. That's a lie. As usual
    They got a late start, but they're racking 'em up lately. North Dakota has already blown past Washington in deaths as a percentage of population. South Dakota will do so in a few days.
    Told ya.
    States ranked by highest number of infections as a share of population--the dirty dozen:

They have quite a bit in common . . . politically.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,019 Standard Supporter
    I think that New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts and Connecticut have a bit in common ... politically along with having the four worst death cases per million.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

@HHusky starts thread on South Dakota not shutting down

When challenged about Biden mandating a national lockdown H accuses us gals of wanting a one size fits all solution

That kind of stupidity is impressive

This guy passed the bar and is supposed to make logical arguments for a living. LOL.

I think that New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts and Connecticut have a bit in common ... politically along with having the four worst death cases per million.

Top of the death chart has more political diversity.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

States ranked by highest number of infections as a share of population--the dirty dozen:

You said deaths, hack, not cases

Keep those goal posts moving

I would prefer more people catching a cold than mass blue state deaths AND economic ruin but I'm not a leftard
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,492 Founders Club
    Half the national death rate is a problem for @HHusky
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

HHusky said:

You said deaths, hack, not cases

Keep those goal posts moving

I would prefer more people catching a cold than mass blue state deaths AND economic ruin but I'm not a leftard
    What were leftists called when you doorbelled for McGovern?