Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Players Boycott Game in Support of a Child Molester

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

dnc said:

Wait how is he a child molester? I'ms sure it's been posted but IDontReallyReadYouGuys'Stuff.gif

https://www.newsweek.com/jacob-black-criminal-record-details-kenosha-shooting-1527708

Great guy? Quite the opposite it seems. Does it justify the excessive force used to detain him?
    Was it excessive? According to one of the eyewitnesses the cops were yelling at him to drop the knife. He'd already been tazed and was fighting with the police. So what are the cops options as he reaches into his vehicle refusing to follow their commands?
    Call a social worker.
    So you were just running your mouth. Got it.
    Always a tough crowd with you. Sorry, I'll be more clear. If all of those things end up being true and there was good cause to think he was going into his car for potentially a firearm, then sure, further force than a tazer may have been justified.
    So you have no idea if it was excessive, you just called it excessive. Got it.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Sledog said:

Imagine that if he had been in jail where he belonged he wouldn't be shot. But hey jails are for people who won't wear a mask!

The guy knew he was going to jail for some time because of the felony warrants and instead of facing up to his charges like an adult, he decided to fuck around and eventually got tasered and then shot. Why am I supposed to feel bad for him?
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

Russian bots working overtime on this one

Imagine thinking this is at all newsworthy.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Right, because the internet isn't full of cliches and overused phrases.

Looks like the the players are getting to much needed rest. Hopefully they can spend time with their kiddos before the first round is in the books.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

So this group must be full of them, because I’ve heard the same lines for over10 years
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,498 Founders Club
    My tweet was about the same except I don't have tickets

I love the NBA. Think this is suicide
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2020
    SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

dnc said:

Wait how is he a child molester? I'ms sure it's been posted but IDontReallyReadYouGuys'Stuff.gif

https://www.newsweek.com/jacob-black-criminal-record-details-kenosha-shooting-1527708

Great guy? Quite the opposite it seems. Does it justify the excessive force used to detain him?
    Was it excessive? According to one of the eyewitnesses the cops were yelling at him to drop the knife. He'd already been tazed and was fighting with the police. So what are the cops options as he reaches into his vehicle refusing to follow their commands?
    Call a social worker.
    Always a tough crowd with you. Sorry, I'll be more clear. If all of those things end up being true and there was good cause to think he was going into his car for potentially a firearm, then sure, further force than a tazer may have been justified.
    Not sure the point you’re making. If I didn’t know the entire context, then the force may not seem justified. Once I *do* know the entire context, I can say that the force may not have been excessive, even within the timeline of this thread.

I don’t have an initial distrust of police.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    I read a good statement about the NBA

If you're a rapist black criminal who was shot by the police the NBA will stop all games for you.

If you're a retired black police officer who was murdered by rioters for defending a small business they won't bat an eye.
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,233

Time for the NHL to kick ass and take names hopefully they don't mess it up too
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    Goduckies said:

Time for the NHL to kick ass and take names hopefully they don't mess it up too
    Both leagues suck, along with baseball and soccer. that leaves me with... well there's, nah they aren/t, oh never mind

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited August 2020
    MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

dnc said:

Call a social worker.
    Not sure the point you’re making. If I didn’t know the entire context, then the force may not seem justified. Once I *do* know the entire context, I can say that the force may not have been excessive, even within the timeline of this thread.

Looks photoshopped

Why would you distrust the enforcement arm of the government you love?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    I’m mad and tired of these situations popping up seemingly every 2-4 weeks

I’m also mad and tired about our collective inability to allow the facts to come out and react accordingly
  • GoduckiesGoduckies Member Posts: 6,233
    Giants dodgers cancelled too
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,526 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

dnc said:

Call a social worker.

Looks photoshopped

That’s the kicker, I don’t. I learn as I go with these stories. If he was an immediate threat, then use the force authorized to you for that specific scenario.

Just now, I saw another video of it that shows him being tazed while walking to his car and then being shot shortly thereafter. It didn’t *look* as if 7 shots were necessary, but again, this is why investigations happen.

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

SFGbob said:

MelloDawg said:

dnc said:

Call a social worker.

Looks photoshopped

That’s the kicker, I don’t. I learn as I go with these stories. If he was an immediate threat, then use the force authorized to you for that specific scenario.

Just now, I saw another video of it that shows him being tazed while walking to his car and then being shot shortly thereafter. It didn’t *look* as if 7 shots were necessary, but again, this is why investigations happen.

What would have been the correct number of times to shoot him?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,571 Standard Supporter
    The NBA's Chinese Overlords must have kicked in a few billion as incentive pay for dicking out.

• SkipBoydSkipBoyd Member Posts: 403
    How many shots are the correct amount? Hmmmmm. The correct number of times is. . . I don’t know, but seven is too many. It depends upon several factors: 1) what was his intent based upon many hours of after-the-riot speculation, the statements of his mom, baby-daddy, cousins, pastor (who didn’t know his name five minutes ago)? 2) what is the color of his epidermis? 3) what is the color of the epidermis of each cop who shot him? 4) who is the sitting president? 4) was he leaving merely to go to a church social, or just turning his life around, or take care of his ailing grandma?

What should under no circumstances be considered is the information available to the responding officers. Said information could include the nature of the call, the the conviction status of the person causing the problems, any warrants, felony or otherwise attached to said person, any actions of the person post-contact such as level of cooperation, admissions of the person regarding the possession of weapons, failure to obey lawful commands, attempts to flee, failure to be affected by a taser application, attempts to flee in a vehicle with children inside, and/or continuing to fight after being shot. That much I, and every other thinking person, know.