Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Here it is ... Pac-12 Football Unity Demands

Comments

• ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,512
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    89ute said:

ntxduck said:

89ute said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/pac-12-players-covid-19-statement-football-season

Pac-12 Football Unity Demands
    To Protect and Benefit Both Scholarship and Walk-On Athletes

I. Health & Safety Protections
    COVID-19 Protections

Allow option not to play during the pandemic without losing athletics eligibility or spot on our team’s roster.
    Prohibit/void COVID-19 agreements that waive liability.

Mandatory Safety Standards, Including COVID-19 Measures

Player-approved health and safety standards enforced by a third party selected by players to address COVID-19, as well as serious injury, abuse and death.

II. Protect All Sports
    Preserve All Existing Sports by Eliminating Excessive Expenditures

Larry Scott, administrators, and coaches to voluntarily and drastically reduce excessive pay.
    End performance/academic bonuses.
    End lavish facility expenditures and use some endowment funds to preserve all sports.*

*As an example, Stanford University should reinstate all sports discontinued by tapping into their $27.7 billion endowment.
    III. End Racial Injustice in College Sports and Society

Form a permanent civic-engagement task force made up of our leaders, experts of our choice, and university and conference administrators to address outstanding issues such as racial injustice in college sports and in society.
    In partnership with the Pac-12, 2% of conference revenue would be directed by players to support financial aid for low-income Black students, community initiatives, and development programs for college athletes on each campus.
    Form annual Pac-12 Black College Athlete Summit with guaranteed representation of at least three athletes of our choice from every school.

IV. Economic Freedom and Equity
    Guaranteed Medical Expense Coverage

Medical insurance selected by players for sports-related medical conditions, including COVID- 19 illness, to cover six years after college athletics eligibility ends.

Name, Image, and Likeness Rights & Representation

The freedom to secure representation, receive basic necessities from any third party, and earn money for use of our name, image, and likeness rights.

Fair Market Pay, Rights, & Freedoms

Distribute 50% of each sport’s total conference revenue evenly among athletes in their respective sports.
    Six-year athletic scholarships to foster undergraduate and graduate degree completion.
    Elimination of all policies and practices restricting or deterring our freedom of speech, our ability to fully participate in charitable work, and our freedom to participate in campus activities outside of mandatory athletics participation.
    Ability of players of all sports to transfer one time without punishment, and additionally in cases of abuse or serious negligence.
    Ability to complete eligibility after participating in a pro draft if player goes undrafted and foregoes professional participation within seven days of the draft.
    Due process rights

Fuck you ya little bitches - you want to distribute 50% of each sport’s total conference revenue evenly among athletes in their respective sports? GET FUCKED!! These fucking retards have no concept of operational expenses. They have no concept of profit margin, how thin they are and that most universities are operating athletics in the red.

I can and have been doing well without these stupid fuckers. Haven't given a shit about who the QB will be, how our 100% new secondary will hold up - just don't fucking care.

Been doing fine poundin the wives, bike riding, running and watching Netflix.

Fuck you - shut it down, go home, don't want to watch you entitled mother fuckers running around thinking your imagined oppressed shit don't stink.

Everything about this post is cringe, but maybe nothing more than seeing a grown man use the word retard

Fag
    I totally get it man. If I was a Utah fan I’d be looking for any excuse to separate myself entirely (d.e.n.n.i.s.) from that mediocre program. I’m sure you’ve been preparing for this moment every day, one day at a time, since the Pac12 title loss.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

89ute said:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/pac-12-players-covid-19-statement-football-season

COVID-19 Protections

Allow option not to play during the pandemic without losing athletics eligibility or spot on our team’s roster.

Player-approved health and safety standards enforced by a third party selected by players to address COVID-19, as well as serious injury, abuse and death.

II. Protect All Sports

Larry Scott, administrators, and coaches to voluntarily and drastically reduce excessive pay.
    End lavish facility expenditures and use some endowment funds to preserve all sports.*

*As an example, Stanford University should reinstate all sports discontinued by tapping into their $27.7 billion endowment.

Form a permanent civic-engagement task force made up of our leaders, experts of our choice, and university and conference administrators to address outstanding issues such as racial injustice in college sports and in society.
    In partnership with the Pac-12, 2% of conference revenue would be directed by players to support financial aid for low-income Black students, community initiatives, and development programs for college athletes on each campus.
    Form annual Pac-12 Black College Athlete Summit with guaranteed representation of at least three athletes of our choice from every school.

Medical insurance selected by players for sports-related medical conditions, including COVID- 19 illness, to cover six years after college athletics eligibility ends.

The freedom to secure representation, receive basic necessities from any third party, and earn money for use of our name, image, and likeness rights.

Distribute 50% of each sport’s total conference revenue evenly among athletes in their respective sports.
    Six-year athletic scholarships to foster undergraduate and graduate degree completion.
    Elimination of all policies and practices restricting or deterring our freedom of speech, our ability to fully participate in charitable work, and our freedom to participate in campus activities outside of mandatory athletics participation.
    Ability of players of all sports to transfer one time without punishment, and additionally in cases of abuse or serious negligence.
    Ability to complete eligibility after participating in a pro draft if player goes undrafted and foregoes professional participation within seven days of the draft.
    Due process rights

Fuck you ya little bitches - you want to distribute 50% of each sport’s total conference revenue evenly among athletes in their respective sports? GET FUCKED!! These fucking retards have no concept of operational expenses. They have no concept of profit margin, how thin they are and that most universities are operating athletics in the red.

I can and have been doing well without these stupid fuckers. Haven't given a shit about who the QB will be, how our 100% new secondary will hold up - just don't fucking care.

Fuck you - shut it down, go home, don't want to watch you entitled mother fuckers running around thinking your imagined oppressed shit don't stink.

If this had emerged unto itself a few years ago, my take on it would have been different.

But right now, August 2020, my immediate suspicion is that Marxists are behind this and the revenue will be funneled to BLM, which is not going to actually help black people, but rather to fund the anti-capitalist, anti-west Marxist agenda. This is part of a full-on assault of America. If the Pac12 resists, they will be threatened with hell to pay.
    Can't tell if serious or not
    100% serious. I can see it from a mile away.
    I imagine that once the Marxist's have all the players money, they'll be able to keep the identity of Scalia's killer a secret forever.
    It's not the players' money they're after.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think scholarship athletes are pretty well compensated and there are hundreds (thousands?) of candidates wishing for the opportunity who dont quite make the cut. I'm sure there will be plenty of willing, available, and qualified applicants if a few dozen pac 12 athletes choose to seek other career paths.

I don't see how these players have any leverage. Some of what they want may be reasonable, but it's all bogged down and obscured by them trying to overplay a weak hand in a the wrong situation.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    This just starts the reefer on the container truck that will hold the season’s rotting corpse.
  • Dawg101REBUKEDDawg101REBUKED Member Posts: 36
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Poopduck is an absolute Nazi Hangout rn. Jevon Holland came on the bored to Express his thots, and poasters kept poasting about how they wanted Holland to break his leg and lose his career in football. They called him a libtard and it seems like they didn't like his demands. I took screenshots however, and I'm working to get them out on Tweeter soon. Oregon's class must fall apart. Their fanbase doesn't support their players. I'm working with Bucktooth Beaver and CFBquotes to get this news out.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Didn’t disagree with everything on there. But...

They want ALL sports to remain operational.
    And they want 50% of the revenue.

I wonder if they would be down for bus travel and staying in shit level hotels. Ya know because it’s about keeping the other sports operational.

Shut the universities down. If we are producing kids that think that adds up they should be ashamed of themselves.

If they think it’s smart to recommend pay cuts to the very staff that controls your playing time and how hard you’re worked and assessments for the nfl or future employers you are also not smart.

In addition to that, most schools have already implemented pay cuts. But don’t let logic get in the way of a ‘movement’.

With that said I was young and stupid once. But i refuse to acknowledge that much lack of logic on putting my name to something and any point in my 18-22 year old life.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2020

Penei Sewell and Savell Smalls are now posting that they support this idiocy. In all likelihood, this will blow over in a week.

This would never happen but this is one time I'd like to see the universities, conferences, etc. come together with a joint statement that says (in nicer terms) "You're getting a free scholarship and a pathway to an industry where you stand to make millions. No you can't have 50% of the revenue, you selfish motherfuckers. Are you out of your minds? Do you not understand basic economics? Now go play football and enjoy your free school, room, board, meals, etc. or quit the fucking team, pay your own way into school, and send your workout videos to NFL scouts."

48 is pretty damn close to 50, and I think I see your turnip truck heading back out of town if you think you begin negotiating with the number you actually want to get.

All that being said, this is great posturing/positioning by the players regarding a season of football that won't be played now, later, or ever. Easy to make statements about withholding your labor that isn't even in demand at the moment.

Also, to not make demands when the CFB industry is so baldly desperate for the revenue would be foolish. They've never had a better negotiating position, and will likely never have a better one. Since the season won't be played, this at least moves the CFB Overton window substantially in the direction of college athletes as professionals, and likely, in the end, the death of "big time" college sports.
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    From Vorel plus others, list of UW players who've posted in support of this so far:

OLB Joe Tryon
    WR Ty Jones
    DL Josiah Bronson
    OL Henry Bainivalu
    OLB Zion Tupuola-Fetui
    OL Nate Kalepo
    OL Myles Murao
    QB Jaden Sheffey
    DB Isaiah Strong
    OLB Savell Smalls
    DB Trent McDuffie
  • Dawg101REBUKEDDawg101REBUKED Member Posts: 36
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Yeah WOOHOOOO. College's making hundreds of Millions and what do the players that don't translate to the league get? NONE. Only 2 percent make da league buckaroos.
  • DoubleJDawgDoubleJDawg Member Posts: 596
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

89ute said:

COVID-19 Protections

II. Protect All Sports

Due process rights

If this had emerged unto itself a few years ago, my take on it would have been different.

But right now, August 2020, my immediate suspicion is that Marxists are behind this and the revenue will be funneled to BLM, which is not going to actually help black people, but rather to fund the anti-capitalist, anti-west Marxist agenda. This is part of a full-on assault of America. If the Pac12 resists, they will be threatened with hell to pay.
    Well, let’s hear more about it then, Stalin? Seems a relevant detail and big if true
  • ATLDawgATLDawg Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    @Tequila, thanks for an honest attempt at breaking down the demands instead of automatically dismissing reasonable requests. Obviously, not all scholarship sports will stay viable under a revenue share split. The college model is broken the players bring in significantly more than their scholarships at Power 5 school. That’s a fact it can’t be argued. There is a problem when everyone accepts mostly white coaches making 9.1 million per season while exploiting primarily African American/ Brown players is disturbing and follows American History. They are not spoiled they are part of a multi billion dollar industry where they are the product responsible for the billions.
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

89ute said:

COVID-19 Protections

II. Protect All Sports

Due process rights

I see @DerekJohnson is making a strong move into the fiction genre. Take this shit to the tug.