Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Tragedy of Seattle

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
Swaye and I were talking a few weeks ago and he mentioned how in the 1990s, Seattle was one of the greatest places on earth. I've been thinking a lot about that comment.

And now, with homelessness being encouraged, criminal activity being made legal, police budget going to be cut by 50%, police officers being demonized, and the Seattle City Council has just passed a tax law that will impose $200 million of extra taxes on big Seattle businesses during a deep recession -- which will drive many of the business to leave the area.

Seattle is going to turn into Cleveland or Newark. And there will be no bounce back. No business person in their right mind will want to invest in the area.

And Seattleites are sitting by and letting it happen.

And this doensn't take into account how Inslee is fucking over the state as a whole.

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Swaye said:

They are killing the golden goose. Seattle in the 90s was perfect. Liberal sure, but lots of TUFF logger types, not these pussy SJW progressive weenies. The fall for Seattle has been swift and profound. From my favorite city pretty much ever, to one of the worst, all in a generation.

Lol
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,536 Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

They are killing the golden goose. Seattle in the 90s was perfect. Liberal sure, but lots of TUFF logger types, not these pussy SJW progressive weenies. The fall for Seattle has been swift and profound. From my favorite city pretty much ever, to one of the worst, all in a generation.

Moved away in 2017. Been back a couple times and it seemed like the homeless situation continues to get worse despite all the money getting thrown at it. It's almost like there's some connection between opioid abuse, homelessness, and crime but I just can't figure out what that connection might be.

Like @whatshouldicareabout, I also blame the Californians.
    Money, money, money.

Dealers get theirs, kickbacks to the politicians, save-the-downtrodden-pseudo-charities and bureaucrats gets theirs.

Homelessness is it's own economy.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    The lessons of the 60's and 70's failed policies are here to make a comeback. Urban decay will be the new gentrification.

Detroit West.

The white flight from Seattle already happened decades ago.

Demographics aside, it's about capital, business, and nice middle class people like you. There's plenty of shitty majority white Midwest cities.