Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Shutdown 1B

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405

HHusky said:

SD = 1% death rate among active cases. Washington's is 4%.
    SD = 800 active cases. Washington's has 21.7k.

SD is doing just terrible!

SD has a much higher rate of infection than Washington. I love how you gals define this as no big deal unless you die from it. That’s not reality.
    Movinggoalposts.gif
    Case numbers are irrelevant says the poaster who alerted us to the humor in the pandemic.

HHusky said:

SD has a much higher rate of infection than Washington. I love how you gals define this as no big deal unless you die from it. That’s not reality.
    It's not a big deal unless you die from it.

And, preemptively, like we say, Fuck Off.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/survivors-severe-covid-19-beating-virus-just-beginning
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,543 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/04/survivors-severe-covid-19-beating-virus-just-beginning
    Nobody says this

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Nobody says this
    Thank you Doctor.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    HHusky said:

That's reality.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,596 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2020
    Houhusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Nobody says this
    Thank you Doctor.
    Can you take a breathe for a second and explain in your own words why you think cases have completely decoupled from both previously understood hospitalization and death ratios?

Does the reported percent positive antigen testing accurately reflect current infection rates in the general population? If so, and given that states like Florida are now reporting 12-20% positive in their testing, what does that likely reflect as the percent CURRENTLY infected in the general population of the state. Surely you aren’t suggesting 12-20% of Florida residents are sick/infected with covid, right now?

Don’t you think it’s likely, with both the decoupling of previously understood ratios AND an impossibly high percent positive test rate that there is some sort of selection bias occurring in the raw data?
    There's question marks in your poast. You'll get no reply from the Dazzler.

Know what I mean? Which - since there is a question mark here- means the Dazzler bot can't reply to this poast either.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,890 Standard Supporter
    edited July 2020
    dnc said:

MelloDawg said:

What are the testing capabilities in SD like? If you're testing less, there won't be as many cases, I heard that once.

To be fair, I honestly don't know how it is out there, but I'd imagine few enough people live or transit around out there to spread it as quickly.
    Apples and apricots for sure.

Butt still they got shit on for staying open and it was almost certainly the right call for them.
    Heartland people aren't so government-dependent on the Nanny state like the crowds of people on the coasts. They tend to make sensible adjustments and decisions on their own, instead of hero-worshipping idiots like Inslee and Newsom solely because they spew anti-Trump rhetoric to hide their own incompetence and spinelessness.
    edited July 2020
    HHusky said:

So dying is no longer important? Okay.
    Houhusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Nobody says this
    Thank you Doctor.
    Can you take a breathe for a second and explain in your own words why you think cases have completely decoupled from both previously understood hospitalization and death ratios?

Does the reported percent positive antigen testing accurately reflect current infection rates in the general population? If so, and given that states like Florida are now reporting 12-20% positive in their testing, what does that likely reflect as the percent CURRENTLY infected in the general population of the state. Surely you aren’t suggesting 12-20% of Florida residents are sick/infected with covid, right now?

Don’t you think it’s likely, with both the decoupling of previously understood ratios AND an impossibly high percent positive test rate that there is some sort of selection bias occurring in the raw data?
    Less susceptible populations are getting more of the cases and testing has improved.

If your death/disability from infection rate decreases but your total cases explode, you're still going to have huge death/disability numbers.

HHusky said:

So dying is no longer important? Okay.
    No. But long term/permanent disability is also important. As is consumption of finite resources.
    HHusky said:

Houhusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Nobody says this
    Thank you Doctor.

Less susceptible populations are getting more of the cases and testing has improved.

If your death/disability from infection rate decreases but your total cases explode, you're still going to have huge death/disability numbers.
    So you're still rooting for the virus is what you're saying. Okay.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited July 2020
    Just in time for the long weekend! May as well just permanently close them. Protesting is still OK, though.

edited July 2020

HHusky said:

Houhusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Nobody says this
    Thank you Doctor.

We're all going to die someday too. Acknowledging that reality doesn't mean I'm rooting for it.
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Houhusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Nobody says this
    Thank you Doctor.

We're all going to die someday too. Acknowledging that reality doesn't mean I'm rooting for it.
    Oh, so it doesn't matter when or what from. Okay.
  • incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358

Again deaths are going to be a lagging indicator. If the spread is mostly among younger people right now it will take longer for that to reach older, more vulnerable individuals. The idea that a second shutdown isn't coming is simply delusional. All these red states got what they wanted, a premature opening which included completely reckless and unnecessary shit like opening bars.

King County is beginning to spike a little bit, far from exponentially like Arizona and Texas, but if actions are not taken that's where it will be in a month. Closing bars and in-person dining until the unemployment insurance expires at the end of July wouldn't be a bad idea along with of course people just wearing masks. Sacrificing a little bit of freedom to prevent a crisis that would mean potentially sacrificing a lot of freedom.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Houhusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Nobody says this
    Thank you Doctor.

Oh, so it doesn't matter when or what from. Okay.
    Well it matters to me, and I thought Gallipoli was kind of a sad movie. Apparently you are using it as a model for your covid response.