Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Woof forthcoming?

Comments

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I may be in the minority but I would rather have him than Schuster. We have plenty of interior guys. This guy can play both inside/outside. He gives us more speed and versatility on the edge.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,054
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Look, the optics aren't great and the timing is weird, but if there's one position to trust these coaches and LIPO, it's DL. You bridge jumpers need to take a step back ffs.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2020

Look, the optics aren't great and the timing is weird, but if there's one position to trust these coaches and LIPO, it's DL. You bridge jumpers need to take a step back ffs.

Yeah, it's not like we had a walk-on starting on the DL last year or anything...
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I’ll see you at the Aurora bridge.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020

Yeah, it's not like we had a walk-on starting on the DL last year or anything...
    Yeah and he wasn't terrible. Our DL is absolutely loaded with talent. You really think the coaches are throwing in the flag and taking this guy for the fuck of it?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    mrdoog said:

Does he have a 247 profile?

247 profiles are for Quakers.

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Yeah and he wasn't terrible. Our DL is absolutely loaded with talent. You really think the coaches are throwing in the flag and taking this guy for the fuck of it?
    Your saying the guy down the street nobody has heard of is a must take in the summer?

• Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The problem is we seem to be the only offer. So as others have said why take him so early if we’re only up against ourselves.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2020

I'm sorry for wanting something better than "wasn't terrible". Also, besides Levi what the hell have they proven?

They struck out last recruiting class and they've reached this recruiting class. Malloe's 1 big recruiting year is looking more like an outlier than anything. Don't forget that he was on Bob Gregory tier to ppl before that year.
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    DawgFader said:

Your saying the guy down the street nobody has heard of is a must take in the summer?

He would have been if Cal had offered today instead of us.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited June 2020
    Gladstone said:

These kinds of comments are more effective if your posting precedent wasn't droolingly doogish.

I'm fighting the good fight. Kneejerk reactions and overwhelming pessimism is not "hardcore" despite how much this site validates that garbage. At first glance its an odd pickup, but there has to be a solid reason. I fucking hate jumping to conclusions without proper diagnosis. Has Coach K and Malloe not earned a little trust around here? Maybe Jimmy isn't opposed to kicking dudes to the curb if a better guy comes down the pipe. Maybe they, god forbid, like this guy. What a concept. Who the fuck knows? 6'4 270 DE. LIPO.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2020

I'm sorry for wanting something better than "wasn't terrible". Also, besides Levi what the hell have they proven?

They struck out last recruiting class and they've reached this recruiting class. Malloe's 1 big recruiting year is looking more like an outlier than anything. Don't forget that he was on Bob Gregory tier to ppl before that year.
    Two good classes, three where he didn’t even participate... JT makes this class and he’s then shooting .500

WTF... read this and felt way too doog. Won’t happen.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I think the guy looks decent, but the implications are alarming.

Yeah, the one position it seems we are ok at recruiting wise is d-line, we have limited spots, with 3 guys already committed and are going for 2 more big time guys that we have a good shot at, then out of the blue we take this guy???

My only guess is that, like sonics said, Shuster committed, then backed out, and Jimmy immediately offered some other local guy out of frustration. This is absolutely mind-boggling
    Just to clarify, I was not suggesting that sonics said the bolded part, just that he reported Shuster had committed. Someone on BDTW is taking my poorly worded guess as what sonics actually said. Apologize for the confusion.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Just checked my phone specifically to see if the commit was made public yet.

I'm fucking speechless at this point.