Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Democrats take down “The Duke”

DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
edited June 2020 in Tug Tavern
Orange County California Democrats Vote to Rename John Wayne Airport

Democrats in Orange County California voted on Saturday to rename John Wayne Airport.

The Orange County Democrats condemned Wayne’s “racist” comments.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/06/orange-county-california-democrats-vote-rename-john-wayne-airport/

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited June 2020
    He did have that 1971 Playboy interview where he said at least one thing I’d consider overtly racist, only in that he specifically called out uneducated blacks and not accepting them.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,160 Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020
    Fuck those pansy faggot Kali commies.

John Fucking Wayne! Never mess with the Duke!
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

He did have that 1971 Playboy interview where he said at least one thing I’d consider overtly racist, only in that he specifically called out uneducated blacks and accepting them.

i would have thought the throbber would be our playboy interview guy

He did have that 1971 Playboy interview where he said at least one thing I’d consider overtly racist, only in that he specifically called out uneducated blacks and accepting them.

i would have thought the throbber would be our playboy interview guy
    I wasn’t even born yet but I read it for the interviews.
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    Now THAT pisses me off. Gone too far and Taking up the fight over this shit.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Makes sense and will solve a lot of problems.
    thechatch said:

Is everyone feeling better yet? Was this the move that ended racism in America? Thank god we’re focused on the important stuff.

Liberal politicians are thinking “this is great! A few statues get knocked down, some buildings get burned to the ground, some looting and rioting...and with everyone focusing on cancelling Aunt Jemima and Disney, we won’t have to do fuck all with any meaningful legislation in an election year, while we keep our pants-shitting candidate in his basement for another 5 months.”

At the end of this, NOTHING in the way of tangible progress will have occurred to address inequality in underserved communities.

But some streets will get renamed, you can bet that! God I fucking hate white guilt liberalism. What a shallow, hollow, meaningless fucking enterprise. Fuck it all.

Lotta of unreasonable white guilt out there right now. FS’icks all.

But to include John Wayne??? That’s on a different level. Gone too far with history. Won’t stand for it. I’m not alone.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,596 Standard Supporter
    When does confiscation of assets begin? For any and all grievances - perceived and actual.
    Universal Studio’s first black star and first signed black actor was Lincoln Perry, who played Stepin’ Fetchit. Bumbling black fool that white audiences laughed at because blacks weren’t allowed in the theaters. The studio made a lot of money off of him. Shut down all Universal Studio properties.

So Jim Brown in westerns “OK” but Duke not??

El Darado will disagree.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997
    Jim Brown loves kicking the shit out of women. We’re talking double digit instances of DV with that guy. Strange that he never got caught up in the #metoo movement.
    thechatch said:

Jim Brown loves kicking the shit out of women. We’re talking double digit instances of DV with that guy. Strange that he never got caught up in the #metoo movement.

I’ll give him props on Raquel Welch...

Most beautiful.....I’d sell my first born.
    Back to Fuckn with Duke.

FS. Not a funny or game.

Worse than de imagining Clint.
    My agent orange starting to act up, y’all don’t want that. You just don’t...

• thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,997
    “In the most stirring case, in 1968, Brown's then 22-year-old girlfriend, Eva Bohn-Chin, was found on the ground outside his home. Police said at the time that Brown had thrown her off the balcony. Charges, which included assault with intent to murder, were eventually dropped after she said she slipped.

The list goes on:

In 1965, Brown was charged with assault and battery after an 18-year-old woman alleged he forced her to have sex. He was acquitted by a jury.

In 1969, Brown was charged with assaulting a man over a traffic incident. He was acquitted.

In 1971, he was charged with battering two women. Both women chose not to testify.

In 1978, he spent a day in jail after beating a golfing partner.

In 1985, charges of rape, sexual battery, and assault against Brown were dropped after the 33-year-old woman who made the claims gave inconsistent testimony.

In 1986, Brown went to jail for allegedly beating his 21-year-old fiancée. A few days later, she informed authorities that she didn't want to press charges.

And in 1999, Brown was convicted after working out his frustrations on his 25-year-old wife's car. She previously claimed he was violent and abusive, but later testified that that was not true.

For the 1999 conviction, Brown was sentenced to probation and ordered to attend spousal-abuse counseling. He refused, asserting that the incident had nothing to do with domestic violence. For that remark, he enjoyed a brief trip to the slammer.

Cleveland.com has covered the murky position Browns fans find themselves in with Brown a couple of times. The Big Lead has a very detailed history of the above cases here.

Brown has never denied his penchant violence. Among other quips, he's said and written this, which comes from his book and relates to the alleged assault on Eva Bohn-Chin: “I have also slapped other women. And I never should have, and I never should have slapped Eva, no matter how crazy we were at the time. I don’t think any man should slap a woman. In a perfect world, I don’t think any man should slap anyone. . . . I don’t start fights, but sometimes I don’t walk away from them. It hasn’t happened in a long time, but it’s happened, and I regret those times. I should have been more in control of myself, stronger, more adult.”

Later, during a jailhouse interview with Sports Illustrated in 2002, Brown responded to questions about his history of violence and said: "I can definitely get angry, and I have taken that anger out inappropriately in the past. But I have done so with both men and women. So do I have a problem with women? No."

—————————

Statue in front of Paul Brown Stadium remains intact!
    Fk man, give me a minute Hour...