Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brought a skateboard to a gun fight.

Comments

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

The way I see it is that he was not trying to touch her or assault her at all. He simply wanted around her and so she purposely stepped in his way with her arms stretched out and shoulder against him.

I'm somewhere in the middle. It isn't something that warrants being dragged to the ground, but it's also not nothing either. It's an action that in my experience causes people to become agitated. Not victim blaming, so don't twist.

Not twisting. But you and I, and every other mentally balanced adult, would have walked 5 or so yards in either direction away from her, or used a better first step, and just make our way around. Or, better yet, we wouldn't GAF and assess it wasn't worth engaging with someone in an already cranked up situation.

I know guys like him. I think in all liklihood he was looking for a fight and wanted that shit to happen. Not the shoot-out. But the scuffle with the chick. He doesn't portray as the image of a normal person saying "excuse me. may I pass through? i'm just on my way."
    So what about the pack of goons that followed the guy and gang attacked him? Seems like a separate incident and I’m glad that black-clad LARPer with the backpack got shot. Oh well, do stupid shit, expect the worst. Kind of like your dipshit friend with the house on the lake taking his son out for a stroll into a riot.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,852 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

It's going to be a chinteresting adjudication.

He deserved to get his ass beat
    You do realize that she's criminally assaulting him by pushing him, don't you? Whether his action was excessive or not, he had a right to push her away.
    Criminal assault?

This is the snowflakiest post ever.

Holy shit pull your tampon out man.
    Nevermind that it's the law.

Sorry if that inconvenience interferes with your ignorance.
    There is nothing at all criminal about what she's doing.

No DA in the country would take that case.

IRYK

STOp.
    You are wrong. But don't let me stop you.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

You do realize that she's criminally assaulting him by pushing him, don't you? Whether his action was excessive or not, he had a right to push her away.
    Criminal assault?

IRYK

STOp.
    Okay make your argument. What exactly does she do to assault him. Put her arms out? Graze him with her shoulder? At what point in the video do her actions come anywhere near the line of criminality?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,928

The way I see it is that he was not trying to touch her or assault her at all. He simply wanted around her and so she purposely stepped in his way with her arms stretched out and shoulder against him.

I'm somewhere in the middle. It isn't something that warrants being dragged to the ground, but it's also not nothing either. It's an action that in my experience causes people to become agitated. Not victim blaming, so don't twist.

Not twisting. But you and I, and every other mentally balanced adult, would have walked 5 or so yards in either direction away from her, or used a better first step, and just make our way around. Or, better yet, we wouldn't GAF and assess it wasn't worth engaging with someone in an already cranked up situation.

I know guys like him. I think in all liklihood he was looking for a fight and wanted that shit to happen. Not the shoot-out. But the scuffle with the chick. He doesn't portray as the image of a normal person saying "excuse me. may I pass through? i'm just on my way."
    So what about the pack of goons that followed the guy and gang attacked him? Seems like a separate incident and I’m glad that black-clad LARPer with the backpack got shot. Oh well, do stupid shit, expect the worst. Kind of like your dipshit friend with the house on the lake taking his son out for a stroll into a riot.
    Yes, you join a pack of goons and start beating on someone who's running away from you and you bought what you get. Regardless of whether the guy is a tool.

Not like my friend at all, who is anything but a dipshit. We all make mistakes.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,928

dnc said:

Based solely on that one clip - freely admit I've not seen others - no, I don't agree she's criminally assaulting him with that little shoulder nudge to get him off of her jock. I get bumped harder by little Asian women at the Holiday Lane parade in Bellevue. If she did something more before that, then maybe. But like I said - I literally get that much contact at the meet freezer at Costco.
    Sorry Creep, but what she's doing is illegal and codified in the law. You can't "restrain" someone from going where they want to go. I wouldn't have done what the guy did, and as I stated, his force would probably be deemed unreasonable, subjecting him to charges of his own. She technically has no legal right to impede or restrain his movement.

Why this matters is because it's happening daily, all over the CHAZ, and those ignorant fucks are breaking the law every time they step in front and make contact with people by pushing or grabbing them. A lot of CHAZ outsiders are missing Golden Opportunities to clock those skinny legged fucks every day, because they don't know the law. And that makes me sad.
    I was mostly responding to (triggered by) the notion that she had made some sort of very aggressive contact with him using her shoulder, which I didn't see as a big deal and certainly something you or I would have just walked away from.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Criminal assault?

IRYK

STOp.
    Okay make your argument. What exactly does she do to assault him. Put her arms out? Graze him with her shoulder? At what point in the video do her actions come anywhere near the line of criminality?
    Without legal authority or consent, intentionally contacts him at least twice, maintains her screen as he moves right to avoid her (doubling down on her obvious intent to block his path), impeding and restraining his ability to move in the path he desires, thereby denying him his well-recognized liberty interest to go where he wants.

Argue it all day long, or learn this lesson: You can't block other people from going where they want to go on public property. It's against the law. So is touching a person without their consent.

Sorry you didn't know this. Now you do.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Criminal assault?

IRYK

STOp.
    Without legal authority or consent, intentionally contacts him at least twice, maintains her screen as he moves right to avoid her (doubling down on her obvious intent to block his path), impeding and restraining his ability to move in the path he desires, thereby denying him his well-recognized liberty interest to go where he wants.

Argue it all day long, or learn this lesson: You can't block other people from going where they want to go on public property. It's against the law. So is touching a person without their consent.

None of which constitutes criminal assault.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Criminal assault?

IRYK

STOp.

Sounds like Dazzler's got himself a future partner. Or client.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

dnc said:

Based solely on that one clip - freely admit I've not seen others - no, I don't agree she's criminally assaulting him with that little shoulder nudge to get him off of her jock. I get bumped harder by little Asian women at the Holiday Lane parade in Bellevue. If she did something more before that, then maybe. But like I said - I literally get that much contact at the meet freezer at Costco.
    Sorry Creep, but what she's doing is illegal and codified in the law. You can't "restrain" someone from going where they want to go. I wouldn't have done what the guy did, and as I stated, his force would probably be deemed unreasonable, subjecting him to charges of his own. She technically has no legal right to impede or restrain his movement.

Why this matters is because it's happening daily, all over the CHAZ, and those ignorant fucks are breaking the law every time they step in front and make contact with people by pushing or grabbing them. A lot of CHAZ outsiders are missing Golden Opportunities to clock those skinny legged fucks every day, because they don't know the law. And that makes me sad.
    I was mostly responding to (triggered by) the notion that she had made some sort of very aggressive contact with him using her shoulder, which I didn't see as a big deal and certainly something you or I would have just walked away from.
    You would have. Turd Eater would have shrieked in a high pitch that she'd committed criminal assault.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,850
    I'm just glad that at the end of the day at least someone was shot
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    Stand your ground means stand your ground. He stood his ground, as should be in every state.

HTH.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club

I just assume everyone living in Albuquerque is dead on the inside already.

an ex of mine lives there

can confirm
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,492 Founders Club
    That cunt asked for it. I don't pretend to know the legality of it. But just from a common sense perspective, she continued to block him for a few seconds and clearly impeded him. It wasn't worth throwing a punch or being an animal and hitting her with a skateboard, but throwing her to the ground isn't all that out of line.
    edited June 2020
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Criminal assault?

IRYK

STOp.

This is not true in my state but you know, differences.

What she's doing would be considered assault here. Would it get tossed in court? Probably. Would she get hauled off until then? Very possible. Especially if gender was out of the equation.

You can't restrain people without their consent in a public place.

Would he get hauled off too for his response? Definitely.

This is all legal fluff but I can tell you how I know it from my state.

His response was outsized. In turn, they were probably going to stab him and leave him for dead. Also outsized.

Escalation is going to continue as long as the Dems in charge allow this shit. Probably part of their desire as then they can bring out the "right wing extremists" boogieman. They are already doing it. Look at the reporting on this case.
    You really think she is "restraining" him? That seems, umm, generous.

We agree it would get tossed if it got that far.

Any man who claimed to be assaulted by a woman who did that to him isn't much of a man.

Agree completely there was escalation on multiple ends. Still think he earned an ass beating with that move. Just not a life threatening one.
    The people who write the laws have this idea in mind as they do so: Don't fuck with other people, keep your hands to yourself and don't take the law into your own hands.

Escalation has been a human trait as long as we've walked upright and cops and courts don't want to be debating "Well, how hard did she touch him, exactly?" And "was it enough to warrant that response?" So, legislatures keep it simple and draw big fat black lines not to cross, such as "Don't put your hands on people" and "Do not block or impede a persons movement in a public space." There's also those pesky "liberty" interests we're born with in the USA, but I digress.

Can it all become hyper-technical, sure? That's why you keep this shit simple with "Don't touch without consent or legal authority, period," and it begins in pre-schools with "Keep your Hands to Yourself."

That cunt asked for it. I don't pretend to know the legality of it. But just from a common sense perspective, she continued to block him for a few seconds and clearly impeded him. It wasn't worth throwing a punch or being an animal and hitting her with a skateboard, but throwing her to the ground isn't all that out of line.

Chinn'd for going all-in on keeping a bitch in-line.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 32,982 Standard Supporter
    This whole other people can do what they want and you can't do shit to them stuff needs to end.

I'm not judging this part of the video I'm just talking people in general these days. There used to be laws, and may still be, regarding language likely to incite violence etc. If they still exist they are not enforceable due to the courts and the erroneous belief you can say whatever the hell you want to people. People used to kick your ass if talked shit to them as it was considered wrong. You wouldn't get arrested because the puke deserved it.

It's getting close to the point people are going to start fighting back, in groups. Sensible people only take so much shit and they become a bit insensible then look out! I've seen it lots of times when one asshole neighbor tortures the other neighbors.
    Well, it's all Academic now.

CRIME AND INCIDENTS
    Prosecutor Drops Charge Against Suspect in New Mexico Protest Shooting
    BY ZACHARY STIEBER June 18, 2020 Updated: June 18, 2020
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/prosecutor-drops-charge-against-suspect-in-new-mexico-protest-shooting_3393163.html