Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brought a skateboard to a gun fight.

12346»

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 32,982 Standard Supporter

Well, it's all Academic now.

CRIME AND INCIDENTS
    Prosecutor Drops Charge Against Suspect in New Mexico Protest Shooting
    BY ZACHARY STIEBER June 18, 2020 Updated: June 18, 2020
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/prosecutor-drops-charge-against-suspect-in-new-mexico-protest-shooting_3393163.html

Shocker! He probably did shit he shouldn't have but he did shoot in self defense. Those people were looking to kill him not arrest him. They told him so.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020

Well, it's all Academic now.

CRIME AND INCIDENTS
    Prosecutor Drops Charge Against Suspect in New Mexico Protest Shooting
    BY ZACHARY STIEBER June 18, 2020 Updated: June 18, 2020
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/prosecutor-drops-charge-against-suspect-in-new-mexico-protest-shooting_3393163.html

The sauce
    https://news.wjct.org/post/suspect-shooting-albuquerque-statue-demonstration-faces-new-charges
    "I want to be very clear about our decision at this point," he said, adding that the investigation is ongoing and could result in additional charges against the onetime candidate for Albuquerque City Council and son of a former sheriff.

For now the only charge related to the shooting is one count of unlawful carrying of a deadly weapon.

"Records indicate that Mr. Baca did not have a lawful concealed carry permit," Torrez said in a press conference.

The Investigation Changes Hands

Separate from the shooting, the district attorney said video of the scene showed Baca struck and injured three female protesters and that he would face three charges of battery.

Torrez also announced the Albuquerque Police Department agreed to hand over the investigation to New Mexico State Police at the request of the district attorney's office.

"I specifically noted the presence of undercover officers who were referenced in the original complaint filed by [the Albuquerque Police Department] and the fact that while those officers are now key witnesses, they did not intervene and act to enforce the specific laws or prevent the shooting," Torrez said.

He added, "More troubling, from our perspective, is the fact that after police and APD arrived at the scene, because of the dynamic situation and the tense situation that developed ... there were tactics that were used by the Albuquerque PD that made it impossible for key witnesses to the event to actually make statements."

Seems pretty fair.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,928

That cunt asked for it. I don't pretend to know the legality of it. But just from a common sense perspective, she continued to block him for a few seconds and clearly impeded him. It wasn't worth throwing a punch or being an animal and hitting her with a skateboard, but throwing her to the ground isn't all that out of line.

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,823
    Also noted that the armed militia group who was protecting the statue is now in the process of being designated a “hate group”

War is coming. And I’m almost ready. I need a couple moar weeks to heal up.

The rest of you can pearl clutch about Sambos.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,369 Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Also noted that the armed militia group who was protecting the statue is now in the process of being designated a “hate group”

According to the Left half the country or more is a hate group.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,350 Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

Diner Lives Matter