Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Brought a skateboard to a gun fight.

Comments

• georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,912 Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

Didn’t he display/draw while in the crowd then walked away? There could be issues with brandishing a firearm

I know brandishing a weapon is against the law- but as a warning? Why? This isn't road rage and one driver trying to intimidate another. This guy is being beaten with a potentially deadly weapon and does his best to war folks what will happen next if continued. Just don't understand the logic.
    He is trying to get away from the mob and they are running after him throwing things at him and hitting him with the skateboard while saying they are going to kill him. How is this shooting not justified?
    I agree- but look at this from a couple of years ago in downtown PDX- a photographer is trying to cover a story as a crowd advances on him brandishing sticks/clubs and he draws his weapon to provide separation from those who looked to be aggressive. IIRC he was jailed and fined for this action.. So- illegal march with aggressive protesters threatening photographer- he shows a weapon and the aggressive ones fall back. Looks like a situation where a guy was about to get his ass kicked, protected himself without hurting others. Bonus points- notice how he didn't resist while he was being arrested? Important safety tip fellas.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

It's going to be a chinteresting adjudication.

He deserved to get his ass beat
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,955
    Girl was shoving him with her shoulder.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 32,982 Standard Supporter
    This situation is disparity of force. 3 grown men could beat you to death even without a weapon.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,940

I'd want to see what caused the fight to break out. I don't think you should be able to start a fight with someone then shoot the guy when you start to get your ass kicked.

But you do believe in beating a man unconscious and into a coma if he accidentally hits a kid that was playing in the street.
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,087 Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

I'd want to see what caused the fight to break out. I don't think you should be able to start a fight with someone then shoot the guy when you start to get your ass kicked.

But you do believe in beating a man unconscious and into a coma if he accidentally hits a kid that was playing in the street.
    John Gotti disagrees (with the coma part)
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    SFGbob said:

He also thinks that Zimmerman started the fight with Saint Skittles and then shot him because he was losing.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 32,982 Standard Supporter
    Who would take their kid to a riot? I see a little child endangerment..................

SFGbob said:

He also thinks that Zimmerman started the fight with Saint Skittles and then shot him because he was losing.
    Lots of misinformation is believed to be true by most people about that case. Initially Owl claimed that Zimmerman chased Trademark down a "dark alley" gun drawn.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,928

SFGbob said:

Well, ostensibly he did shoot him because he was losing. I think even the members of the Zimmerman Fan Club say as much.

But I've never read anything in the transcript of that trial that established with any credible proof (in other words, more than George's version) who technically started the fight. Nobody was around for that besides George and Trayvon.

And, that night at least, he was Saint Skittles. There has never even been an allegation that he was doing anything wrong when George ID'd him as one of those "assholes who always get away."
  • Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,955
    Yeah I don't really have an opinion on that situation either way. Just noticed that the physical contact, based on that video, was initiated by the woman. I wouldn't have dragged her to the ground.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Girl was shoving him with her shoulder.

That's a stretch. He should be able to defend himself against a 3 on 1 beating, I agree. But that girl did not instigate anything with him ... at least in that clip ... and she was clearly trying to keep people back (for whatever reason) and she, at most, nudged him while he was basically on top off her with with his head over or on her shoulder doing whatever he was doing.

There's more to this guy than we know, but the dumbshits who tried to beat on him learned a lesson: shit's going to happen in these crowds. Be warned. You should assume everyone is armed and you should not assume everyone is on your side of things. These kinds of "public gatherings" draw all kinds of people ... including a lot of loons from all across the political spectrum.
    I would expect we see more of this as tim goes on. As you say, shit happens in X of Y circumstances, and the denominator keeps growing.

SFGbob said:

Well, ostensibly he did shoot him because he was losing. I think even the members of the Zimmerman Fan Club say as much.

But I've never read anything in the transcript of that trial that established with any credible proof (in other words, more than George's version) who technically started the fight. Nobody was around for that besides George and Trayvon.

And, that night at least, he was Saint Skittles. There has never even been an allegation that he was doing anything wrong when George ID'd him as one of those "assholes who always get away."
    See what I mean.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,928

Yeah I don't really have an opinion on that situation either way. Just noticed that the physical contact, based on that video, was initiated by the woman. I wouldn't have dragged her to the ground.

I'd say otherwise. Watch it again. He arguably initiated the contact, and what she did in response was barely anything and for sure didn't warrant what he did. Her back was to him the entire time ... at least in the clip.