Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Celebrating a Patriot

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Started to watch again, nah, once was enough. That one's horrific as is Philando Castille.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited June 2020
    Because it happened while Obama was President and also the victim was white so his life didn’t matter like Mike Brown’s life mattered.

Nothing ever bad happened while Obama was President other than racist white cops abusing Gentle Giants and Republicans were mean.

Just check the news!
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,857 Standard Supporter

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Eagle scouts don't tend to have lots of police interactions.

Everything has to be taken to an extreme, always. Those are the rules.

He didn't deserve to be killed because he passed a counterfeit twenty, even if he knew it was counterfeit.

Byt if he didn't he'd be alive today. That whole don't do crime if you don't want police contact thingy again.
    I don’t know why more people haven’t subscribed to this binary line of thinking. Apparently it’s this easy to avoid police profiling.

HHusky said:

He didn't deserve to be killed because he passed a counterfeit twenty, even if he knew it was counterfeit.

It wasn't the $20 bill dipshit. It was because he was a piece of shit who continued to do illegal things. He spent his ninth life.

You hold a gun over a pregnant woman's stomach you deserve to die.
    George Floyd was face down because he resisted arrest. He died because the cop utilized unnecessary force once the subject was subdued.

It wasn't passing the $20 that did George in. It was being a dumbshit. Chauvin compounded his dumbshitedness by piling on with more dumbshit. This isn't that hard to understand.

Though the Dazzler will still contend Floyd died over $20 because it is the talking point and all the feels.

Lets put thing into perspective

Floyd broke into a woman's home and held a gun to her pregnant belly. He has a long rap sheet. We don't know half of what he did that wasn't caught and reported. The media broadcast his funeral. He was clearly treated as a dignitary, a saint. Pelosi sent an American flag to his home to pay homage.

Rats around the country are toppling statues (burning books) of anyone they believe is associated with slavery, whether there is anything to do with slavery or not. The left supports them. They are beating people who think differently than they do. Burning private businesses and damaging private property. The left supports them.

While I don't agree with what happened to Floyd, rats want cops to go up the river, and floyd gets a golden casket with a parade.

Basically, the only thing that matters to the left is their politics. The rest of us be damned.
    Making George Floyd a martyr in this isn’t the best strategy, I agree, for the reasons detailed. His criminal profile can be the story or the need for police reform can be the story. I think even the most opposed personalities on this bored agree he wasn’t given due process. I think what sticks out is the urge to vilify him rather than focus on the bigger picture. Unfortunately, extremists aren’t voicing their opposition peacefully.

The point I was making, in any case, was that it’s not a simple binary issue of “don’t do anything wrong and the cops won’t hassle you.”
    In all the cases I have seen where an unarmed whitey or black person get killed, they were resisting arrest, being aggressive with the cop, and not following directions.
    Except for this one. I got booted off of Facebook for posting it last week. Good riddance to a site I rarely used

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1587500/Body-cam-video-shows-Arizona-cop-shooting-Daniel-Shaver-2016.html
    Jeezus that was hard to watch. Just so unnecessary.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953
    Because no one cares. Just like blacks don't give a shit when blacks kill other blacks white people don't care when cops kill white people.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

Because no one cares. Just like blacks don't give a shit when blacks kill other blacks white people don't care when cops kill white people.
    You might want to google "Otto Zehm"

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

SFGbob said:

Dark shit man
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953

SFGbob said:

You just made my point. I'd never heard of the guy. It may have been a big story locally but it certainly wasn't national news.

SFGbob said:

Jeebus ... fuck them all.

On November 2, 2011, the jury found Thompson guilty on both counts; excessive use of force and lying to investigators about the confrontation.[30] Over 50 police officers were in attendance when the verdict was announced and saluted Thompson in a show of solidarity.[31]

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter
    edited June 2020

Sledog said:

Reminder that the cop was acquitted.

https://youtu.be/qYRRSdjdcbo

Suicide by cop. Who would reach for anything around their waistband in this situation?
    Sledog said:

Suicide by cop. Who would reach for anything around their waistband in this situation?
    You’re joking, right?

Married dad of two young kids and you say it’s suicide by cop?

That fucking PIG was directing a deadly game of Simon Says and was not making any sense. How the fuck do you crawl with your hands up? Why make the guy crawl at all? Get him on his stomach, flat, hands crossed behind his head, and cuff him.

That PIG deserves to DIAFF and was clearly out of his mind emotionally.
    The cop was rather strange but it's not sane to make a furtive movement to the rear of you waistband. It's crazy shit! I have no idea what they were there for but they don't roll a SWAT team for petty bullshit. It's no game and game to do what they explicitly tell you not to do.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,891 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Byt if he didn't he'd be alive today. That whole don't do crime if you don't want police contact thingy again.
    I don’t know why more people haven’t subscribed to this binary line of thinking. Apparently it’s this easy to avoid police profiling.

HHusky said:

It wasn't the $20 bill dipshit. It was because he was a piece of shit who continued to do illegal things. He spent his ninth life.

George Floyd was face down because he resisted arrest. He died because the cop utilized unnecessary force once the subject was subdued.

It wasn't passing the $20 that did George in. It was being a dumbshit. Chauvin compounded his dumbshitedness by piling on with more dumbshit. This isn't that hard to understand.

Though the Dazzler will still contend Floyd died over $20 because it is the talking point and all the feels.

Lets put thing into perspective

Floyd broke into a woman's home and held a gun to her pregnant belly. He has a long rap sheet. We don't know half of what he did that wasn't caught and reported. The media broadcast his funeral. He was clearly treated as a dignitary, a saint. Pelosi sent an American flag to his home to pay homage.

Rats around the country are toppling statues (burning books) of anyone they believe is associated with slavery, whether there is anything to do with slavery or not. The left supports them. They are beating people who think differently than they do. Burning private businesses and damaging private property. The left supports them.

While I don't agree with what happened to Floyd, rats want cops to go up the river, and floyd gets a golden casket with a parade.

Basically, the only thing that matters to the left is their politics. The rest of us be damned.
    Making George Floyd a martyr in this isn’t the best strategy, I agree, for the reasons detailed. His criminal profile can be the story or the need for police reform can be the story. I think even the most opposed personalities on this bored agree he wasn’t given due process. I think what sticks out is the urge to vilify him rather than focus on the bigger picture. Unfortunately, extremists aren’t voicing their opposition peacefully.

The point I was making, in any case, was that it’s not a simple binary issue of “don’t do anything wrong and the cops won’t hassle you.”
    The issue for a guy like George was this: If the justice system is racist, oppressive and lacking in due process, then you're really stupid, as a multiple felon with a long rap sheet, to commit acts that will bring that very same system down upon one's own head.

The cops weren't on a hunting trip. Rather, Ole George got up to some of his old tricks and put himself on their radar again.
    edited June 2020
    I’m
    Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You’re joking, right?

That fucking PIG was directing a deadly game of Simon Says and was not making any sense. How the fuck do you crawl with your hands up? Why make the guy crawl at all? Get him on his stomach, flat, hands crossed behind his head, and cuff him.

The cop was rather strange but it's not sane to make a furtive movement to the rear of you waistband. It's crazy shit! I have no idea what they were there for but they don't roll a SWAT team for petty bullshit. It's no game and game to do what they explicitly tell you not to do.
    Daniel Shaver was a pest control exterminator and showed his pellet gun to some people in the hotel. Someone called the cops. Steroid PIG shows up and thinks he’s captured Ted Bundy. Makes Daniel go through a ridiculous series of physical movements to bait him into making a bad Simon Says move. Shoots him dead like it’s Call of Duty.

A tiny bit of research of your own would tell you this. Some cops are PIGS. Including all of those who saluted in the Otto Zehm case from Spokane. I may actually try and find out what thIs ex-cop is doing now. Seems like a fun project since work is scarce.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Daniel_Shaver
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987

I’m

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You’re joking, right?

Daniel Shaver was a pest control exterminator and showed his pellet gun to some people in the hotel. Someone called the cops. Steroid PIG shows up and thinks he’s captured Ted Bundy. Makes Daniel go through a ridiculous series of physical movements to bait him into making a bad Simon Says move. Shoots him dead like it’s Call of Duty.

A tiny bit of research of your own would tell you this. Some cops are PIGS. Including all of those who saluted in the Otto Zehm case from Spokane. I may actually try and find out what thIs ex-cop is doing now. Seems like a fun project since work is scarce.

The Zehm case is horrible. One of those involved, former Zag baseball player Jason Uberuaga (another reason to hate Gonzaga), was fired for an unrelated fuck up, but a quick check of his social media shows pictures of him still on the SPD. Not clear if it's an old picture posted recently, but it looks current.

I’m

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You’re joking, right?

The Zehm case is horrible. One of those involved, former Zag baseball player Jason Uberuaga (another reason to hate Gonzaga), was fired for an unrelated fuck up, but a quick check of his social media shows pictures of him still on the SPD. Not clear if it's an old picture posted recently, but it looks current.
    Is it OK if we? again mention that the Breonna Taylor murder should be the national focus for this cop hate narrative? Although I’m beginning to think it must have been a minority officer who shot her dead and hence the silence.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter

I’m

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You’re joking, right?

I went by the video. YOu want the back story you put it up. I don't research everything everyone posts. The guy did something that can get you shot and he got shot. There is no nice way to shoot someone! No polite way. It's ugly shit and serious as fuck.

I nearly killed a young man for a furtive movement after stopping him for 4 armed robberies he had just committed. He reached for his waistband. I was pulling the trigger. Somehow I saw his sweats start to drop and manged to stop pulling the trigger. I have no idea how I did it or why the gun didn't go off. He was the right guy it would have been justified but I'm glad I didn't kill him. The after math of shooting is long and very ugly and stressful. No one wants to go there.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,635 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

SFGbob said:

Dark shit man
    Yup. Really sad.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

You just made my point. I'd never heard of the guy. It may have been a big story locally but it certainly wasn't national news.
    I can assure you with absolute certainty A LOT of white people cared.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Never heard of this. What the actual fuck on so many levels

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

SFGbob said:

Never heard of this. What the actual fuck on so many levels

Also look up Kelly Thomas. What happened to him would have never happened to a white man.... wait a minute....he was white.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

HHusky said:

Right. Both things.

The only relevance of his background is to rightly point out that he's a terrible choice as a martyr, and the celebration of his as some angelic figure is, at best, cringeworthy.

If the reasoning is "he was a POS; therefore, dying was on the table," then I guess statists gonna statist.
    Just had this conversation this morning with Mrs. Throbber v2.0 with regards to the dude the cops shot in Atlanta. Three distinct compartments to dissect.

1 - Brown had a sketchy past and the media is trying to re-position him as a 'good guy' trying to turn his life around. Uh...no. Bad guy, did bad things, passed out drunk at Wendy's...more bad things. Not a 'good' martyr.

2 - Dude resisted arrest violently and took a cop's taser. Not good. Criminal action. Ran from cops.

3 - Dude shot the taser at the cop. Cop fired back. Dead dude. Courts will decide if cop acted outside his scope. Entirely different set of circumstances than Chauvin.

Point being, if dude gets to wrassle with cop, steal weapon and run AND is painted as some kind of hero, then fuck all, EVERY dude will try to wrassle cops, escape and run because there's no consequence. Which is why the surrounding counties are giving ATL the middle finger to 'help' with their rioting problem.

This is my problem with everything. Of course, it’s tough to see someone die, but c’mon. It’s hard to get that outraged over a guy who rightfully should be arrested for DUI fight and steal a taser.

The abolish the police idea is stupid too. Reform and defund, I’m on board.

Who would investigate burglary, rapes, drunk driving, etc if the police were abolished? Some new council that isn’t even properly thought out? I hate the police. Always have and always will, but a lot of this shit is stupid and people are running away with it, mainly because the left and white guilt bullshit is letting it happen.

All this shit will make it so that nobody even wants to be a cop. They have always been a necessary evil. The bad of all this is outweighing any good right now tho Imo.
    It’s cute that you believe that defunding the police is actually about any real reforms.