Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Celebrating a Patriot

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,953

HHusky said:

Eagle scouts don't tend to have lots of police interactions.

Everything has to be taken to an extreme, always. Those are the rules.

He didn't deserve to be killed because he passed a counterfeit twenty, even if he knew it was counterfeit.

It wasn't the $20 bill dipshit. It was because he was a piece of shit who continued to do illegal things. He spent his ninth life.

You hold a gun over a pregnant woman's stomach you deserve to die.
    George Floyd was face down because he resisted arrest. He died because the cop utilized unnecessary force once the subject was subdued.

It wasn't passing the $20 that did George in. It was being a dumbshit. Chauvin compounded his dumbshitedness by piling on with more dumbshit. This isn't that hard to understand.

Though the Dazzler will still contend Floyd died over $20 because it is the talking point and all the feels.

He used to claim that Mike Brown was killed for jaywalking. Same bullshit, new day for the Dazzler.
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,857 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

He didn't deserve to be killed because he passed a counterfeit twenty, even if he knew it was counterfeit.

Byt if he didn't he'd be alive today. That whole don't do crime if you don't want police contact thingy again.
    I don’t know why more people haven’t subscribed to this binary line of thinking. Apparently it’s this easy to avoid police profiling.

HHusky said:

It wasn't the $20 bill dipshit. It was because he was a piece of shit who continued to do illegal things. He spent his ninth life.

George Floyd was face down because he resisted arrest. He died because the cop utilized unnecessary force once the subject was subdued.

It wasn't passing the $20 that did George in. It was being a dumbshit. Chauvin compounded his dumbshitedness by piling on with more dumbshit. This isn't that hard to understand.

Though the Dazzler will still contend Floyd died over $20 because it is the talking point and all the feels.

Lets put thing into perspective

Floyd broke into a woman's home and held a gun to her pregnant belly. He has a long rap sheet. We don't know half of what he did that wasn't caught and reported. The media broadcast his funeral. He was clearly treated as a dignitary, a saint. Pelosi sent an American flag to his home to pay homage.

Rats around the country are toppling statues (burning books) of anyone they believe is associated with slavery, whether there is anything to do with slavery or not. The left supports them. They are beating people who think differently than they do. Burning private businesses and damaging private property. The left supports them.

While I don't agree with what happened to Floyd, rats want cops to go up the river, and floyd gets a golden casket with a parade.

Basically, the only thing that matters to the left is their politics. The rest of us be damned.
    Making George Floyd a martyr in this isn’t the best strategy, I agree, for the reasons detailed. His criminal profile can be the story or the need for police reform can be the story. I think even the most opposed personalities on this bored agree he wasn’t given due process. I think what sticks out is the urge to vilify him rather than focus on the bigger picture. Unfortunately, extremists aren’t voicing their opposition peacefully.

The point I was making, in any case, was that it’s not a simple binary issue of “don’t do anything wrong and the cops won’t hassle you.”
    I hear you but he resisted arrest for 3 minutes and they finally had it with him. He didn't deserve to die but the odds were not in his favor.
    The POS should have been in jail and none of this would have happened. In all the cases I have seen where an unarmed whitey or black person get killed, they were resisting arrest, being aggressive with the cop, and not following directions.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Byt if he didn't he'd be alive today. That whole don't do crime if you don't want police contact thingy again.
    I don’t know why more people haven’t subscribed to this binary line of thinking. Apparently it’s this easy to avoid police profiling.

HHusky said:

Lets put thing into perspective

Floyd broke into a woman's home and held a gun to her pregnant belly. He has a long rap sheet. We don't know half of what he did that wasn't caught and reported. The media broadcast his funeral. He was clearly treated as a dignitary, a saint. Pelosi sent an American flag to his home to pay homage.

Rats around the country are toppling statues (burning books) of anyone they believe is associated with slavery, whether there is anything to do with slavery or not. The left supports them. They are beating people who think differently than they do. Burning private businesses and damaging private property. The left supports them.

While I don't agree with what happened to Floyd, rats want cops to go up the river, and floyd gets a golden casket with a parade.

Basically, the only thing that matters to the left is their politics. The rest of us be damned.
    Making George Floyd a martyr in this isn’t the best strategy, I agree, for the reasons detailed. His criminal profile can be the story or the need for police reform can be the story. I think even the most opposed personalities on this bored agree he wasn’t given due process. I think what sticks out is the urge to vilify him rather than focus on the bigger picture. Unfortunately, extremists aren’t voicing their opposition peacefully.

The point I was making, in any case, was that it’s not a simple binary issue of “don’t do anything wrong and the cops won’t hassle you.”
    In all the cases I have seen where an unarmed whitey or black person get killed, they were resisting arrest, being aggressive with the cop, and not following directions.
    Except for this one. I got booted off of Facebook for posting it last week. Good riddance to a site I rarely used

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1587500/Body-cam-video-shows-Arizona-cop-shooting-Daniel-Shaver-2016.html
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,987

HHusky said:

Right. Both things.

The only relevance of his background is to rightly point out that he's a terrible choice as a martyr, and the celebration of his as some angelic figure is, at best, cringeworthy.

If the reasoning is "he was a POS; therefore, dying was on the table," then I guess statists gonna statist.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Reminder that the cop was acquitted.

https://youtu.be/qYRRSdjdcbo

I don't go searching these things out, but it's one of the worst I've seen.
    It really is pretty awful. But since he is white, no one cares.

HHusky said:

Right. Both things.

The only relevance of his background is to rightly point out that he's a terrible choice as a martyr, and the celebration of his as some angelic figure is, at best, cringeworthy.

If the reasoning is "he was a POS; therefore, dying was on the table," then I guess statists gonna statist.
    Just had this conversation this morning with Mrs. Throbber v2.0 with regards to the dude the cops shot in Atlanta. Three distinct compartments to dissect.

1 - Brown had a sketchy past and the media is trying to re-position him as a 'good guy' trying to turn his life around. Uh...no. Bad guy, did bad things, passed out drunk at Wendy's...more bad things. Not a 'good' martyr.

2 - Dude resisted arrest violently and took a cop's taser. Not good. Criminal action. Ran from cops.

3 - Dude shot the taser at the cop. Cop fired back. Dead dude. Courts will decide if cop acted outside his scope. Entirely different set of circumstances than Chauvin.

Point being, if dude gets to wrassle with cop, steal weapon and run AND is painted as some kind of hero, then fuck all, EVERY dude will try to wrassle cops, escape and run because there's no consequence. Which is why the surrounding counties are giving ATL the middle finger to 'help' with their rioting problem.

Also we don't know for certain if the cop who shot him knew that Brooks was pointing a taser or a gun at him.

It wasn't his taser that Brooks grabbed it was the other cop's taser. It might have been for all he knew the other cop's gun.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

HHusky said:

Right. Both things.

Just had this conversation this morning with Mrs. Throbber v2.0 with regards to the dude the cops shot in Atlanta. Three distinct compartments to dissect.

1 - Brown had a sketchy past and the media is trying to re-position him as a 'good guy' trying to turn his life around. Uh...no. Bad guy, did bad things, passed out drunk at Wendy's...more bad things. Not a 'good' martyr.

2 - Dude resisted arrest violently and took a cop's taser. Not good. Criminal action. Ran from cops.

3 - Dude shot the taser at the cop. Cop fired back. Dead dude. Courts will decide if cop acted outside his scope. Entirely different set of circumstances than Chauvin.

Point being, if dude gets to wrassle with cop, steal weapon and run AND is painted as some kind of hero, then fuck all, EVERY dude will try to wrassle cops, escape and run because there's no consequence. Which is why the surrounding counties are giving ATL the middle finger to 'help' with their rioting problem.

I mean there is *SOME* consequence, him being dead and all.

Justifiably so from what I have seen so don't twist.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,209 Standard Supporter

Suicide by cop. Who would reach for anything around their waistband in this situation?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Sledog said:

Suicide by cop. Who would reach for anything around their waistband in this situation?
    It's nice to see you're an equal opportunity statist.
    Sledog said:

I mean, sure, the thought occurred me, "my dude! why would you do ANYTHING ... ANY ONE SINGLE THING other than what he said to do." But then again, he seemingly had his right arm and hand up in the air, but then looked like he was going to twist around or something ... anyway, bad deal all around. The guy was a dumb shit for sure.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,405
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

And how did the police determine he knew it was counterfeit? Seing as how they killed him and such.

edited June 2020

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

You’re joking, right?

Married dad of two young kids and you say it’s suicide by cop?

That fucking PIG was directing a deadly game of Simon Says and was not making any sense. How the fuck do you crawl with your hands up? Why make the guy crawl at all? Get him on his stomach, flat, hands crossed behind his head, and cuff him.

That PIG deserves to DIAFF and was clearly out of his mind emotionally.
    That's fair. I suppose that's why he motioned to put his right arm up as he was crawling. It seemed like a confused move and you're right. Under the pressure of having that gun aimed at you and Officer Friendly screaming at you like a maniac, I could see the guy, at best, being confused.

And, to answer your question, no, Sleddy is not joking. On matters involving the police, he'll give you his take on the first post w/ out any game playing.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

HHusky said:

What I learned here is a cavalcade of dumbshittedness did Floyd in!