Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacob Schuster, 2021 3* DT, Olympia (Tumwater), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Doesn't sound like we are recruiting him anymore, which is a shame. Turning away 4* local recruits when you are getting blown the fuck out in recruiting is a great strategy.
    Where is this sound coming from?
    Because we thought we were battling the furd and now cal is in the picture (leader?). We? Typically only lose to call on the field, not so much in recruiting. Deductive reasoning my friend.
    Shoo, fly. I'm asking where @bananasnblondes heard this. If he's making assumptions, he should say so.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Scholarships are going to be tight for a while given that no one will be using up any eligibility and the Srs not counting towards numbers in only a 1 year fix for a 4 or 5 year problem. I don't think the need a 4th interior DL even with the Paama exit. Its obvious they wanted a different skillset and liked Finau more, which is a different issue all together.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,892
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doesn't sound like we are recruiting him anymore, which is a shame. Turning away 4* local recruits when you are getting blown the fuck out in recruiting is a great strategy.
    Because we thought we were battling the furd and now cal is in the picture (leader?). We? Typically only lose to call on the field, not so much in recruiting. Deductive reasoning my friend.
    Shoo, fly. I'm asking where @bananasnblondes heard this. If he's making assumptions, he should say so.
    Go run across NE 85th street.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

This place is one giant assumption.

HTH
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,091
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    TommySQC said:

This place is one giant assumption.

HTH

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Scholarships are going to be tight for a while given that no one will be using up any eligibility and the Srs not counting towards numbers in only a 1 year fix for a 4 or 5 year problem. I don't think the need a 4th interior DL even with the Paama exit. Its obvious they wanted a different skillset and liked Finau more, which is a different issue all together.

I still don't understand why they didn't offer Finau a greyshirt first. It's not like teams were beating down the doors to offer him. Just one of many baffling decisions by Lake and staff this offseason.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2020
    Huffman with a 3 inch flaccid chub for Kal? I can't see how a 3 is significant at this point
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117

Huffman with a 3 inch flaccid chub for Kal? I can't see how a 3 is significant at this point

It's kind of significant because Huff previously had him as a 3 incher to UW. So essentially a 6 inch swing.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,892
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If we’re bashing 3 inches I’m outta here... and cutting myself.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054

It's kind of significant because Huff previously had him as a 3 incher to UW. So essentially a 6 inch swing.
    He also had a 3 incher to Stanford before that even.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

Go run across NE 85th street.
    NE 85th is tame. N, and NW 85th however is a different beast.

Sincerely,
    85th Superiority guy
    I'd be happy to meet you at the Jack in the Box on Aurora in the UDistrict

A man after my own heart.

One of my favorite North Seattle stories came from one of my warehousemen who related the story of the courtship of his wife. He was a 20 year old taco cook at that Jack, she was a truant 16 year old Ballard Beaver who he had secreted away to the Sun Hill Motel across the street from the taqueria for a week. Her dad showed up at the taco fryer with a gun and threatened Lothario's life if the daughter wasn't returned home safe and tout suite. Future warehouseman professed ignorance of her whereabouts, told the dad to fuck off, and returned to his swooning lover at the flophouse motel with a bounty of Jumbo Jacks and curly fries.

Still married something like 40 years later, a romance for the ages.
    Chinned for “ tout suite” alone.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I still don't understand why they didn't offer Finau a greyshirt first. It's not like teams were beating down the doors to offer him. Just one of many baffling decisions by Lake and staff this offseason.
    They could have offered him a walk on spot in late January and he would have chosen UW.
    No way. Had Finau hit the camp circuit this summer, he would have had numerous offers -- from blue bloods, too. Jumper is the head scratcher.

If college football survives, after Sam, Finau might end up the best player in this class.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2020
    Baseman said:

They could have offered him a walk on spot in late January and he would have chosen UW.
    No way. Had Finau hit the camp circuit this summer, he would have had numerous offers -- from blue bloods, too. Jumper is the head scratcher.

If college football survives, after Sam, Finau might end up the best player in this class.
    What summer camp circuit?

And blue bloods? He doesn’t even have any offers right now.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 703
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

I must profess I can watch Finau's HUDL and I still see nothing wrong with this kid. If he's got that football mentality to match the motor he's gonna be a solid if not all Pac player.

We all saw this with Tryon. He had the physicality but could he put some speed to it. Finau has both.