Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacob Schuster, 2021 3* DT, Olympia (Tumwater), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Michigan is some weird blend of wanna be tOSU and quacks. They wanna hit it hard out here now? Did they get tired of being 4th choice for kids in their own region?
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

4.0 GPA and I saw him show real concern for a running back that he put a great hit on. Pass.

That's just one of many dumb things i thought of while watching his video. Another one was that people forget Stan Empterman was a 2a recruit.

In all honesty he looks like a bad ass. He's strong and quick and violent. I bet those 2a opponents hate playing against him. I'd sign him up.
    I'm no Craig Riggins, but this dude looks like a 4* easy. Everything you said is true. I don't understand rankings.
    Happy I got off my fat COVID ass and watched his tape.

Holy shit. Great hands and reach, quick feet, violent hips. Love this dude.

Dare I say he projects as a quicker Gaines?

And yeah, if he’s not 2A, he’s a 4-star.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Beno4Life said:

chuck said:

4.0 GPA and I saw him show real concern for a running back that he put a great hit on. Pass.

That's just one of many dumb things i thought of while watching his video. Another one was that people forget Stan Empterman was a 2a recruit.

In all honesty he looks like a bad ass. He's strong and quick and violent. I bet those 2a opponents hate playing against him. I'd sign him up.
    I'm no Craig Riggins, but this dude looks like a 4* easy. Everything you said is true. I don't understand rankings.

It does show how fickle the rankings can be after the top guys. Nobody would bat an eye if he was a 4 star guy.

There is so much bullshit that goes into the rankings. Where you play, offers, camps, how good of a relationship you have with national ranking guys like Biggins/Huffman, etc. A player for a high school power gets seen multiple times. If you play for Tumwater, they see a player once.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,897
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Beno4Life said:

chuck said:

It does show how fickle the rankings can be after the top guys. Nobody would bat an eye if he was a 4 star guy.

There is so much bullshit that goes into the rankings. Where you play, offers, camps, how good of a relationship you have with national ranking guys like Biggins/Huffman, etc. A player for a high school power gets seen multiple times. If you play for Tumwater, they see a player once.
    Yep. As I said in the Simon thread, they start ranking these guys as freshmen in high school based on potential and, once you do that, you've established a precedent. Then the non-commitable offers start going out, the "hey, we see you're highly ranked. We'll be looking at you" offers. One thing I have to wonder, because I'm sure it goes on, is how much money is exchanged in the process. Not like someone offering Biggins money go make a kid a 4 star but more like, "hey, pay money to come to our camp. The 247 guys will be there. If you pay for the vip camp, you'll get more reps and get guaranteed time with a scout watching you."

Makes you wonder

Edit: for example, over the last 10 years there have been a ton of rappers who have had kids who played football and were all 4-star recruits despite the fact that not a single one was any good. It cant be s coincidence that every single one of those guys was a big miss by the recruiting analysts. Also, the #1 of bust recruits (especially qbs) who come from extremely wealthy families.
    I remember Biggins talking about how fun Warren G’s pregame bbq’s were.
    So there was Warren G's kid, P Diddy's kid, Nate Dogg's kid, Snoop had 2 or 3, I'm sure I'm missing others. Every single one was a 4 star recruit and every single one was a complete bust in college.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Beno4Life said:

chuck said:

Yep. As I said in the Simon thread, they start ranking these guys as freshmen in high school based on potential and, once you do that, you've established a precedent. Then the non-commitable offers start going out, the "hey, we see you're highly ranked. We'll be looking at you" offers. One thing I have to wonder, because I'm sure it goes on, is how much money is exchanged in the process. Not like someone offering Biggins money go make a kid a 4 star but more like, "hey, pay money to come to our camp. The 247 guys will be there. If you pay for the vip camp, you'll get more reps and get guaranteed time with a scout watching you."

Makes you wonder

Edit: for example, over the last 10 years there have been a ton of rappers who have had kids who played football and were all 4-star recruits despite the fact that not a single one was any good. It cant be s coincidence that every single one of those guys was a big miss by the recruiting analysts. Also, the #1 of bust recruits (especially qbs) who come from extremely wealthy families.
    So there was Warren G's kid, P Diddy's kid, Nate Dogg's kid, Snoop had 2 or 3, I'm sure I'm missing others. Every single one was a 4 star recruit and every single one was a complete bust in college.
    Different sport but Master P's kid
  • Options

dnc said:

Beno4Life said:

chuck said:

Makes you wonder

Different sport but Master P's kid
    Ah yes, Lil Romeo. Although I dont think he was highly rated. His scholarship was like a money laundering/bribery operation to get Demar DeRozen as I remember
    That is correct
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Beno4Life said:

chuck said:

Makes you wonder

Hale could have been a good player though if not for the drugs.
    Was he actually successful at Montana State? He's probably the best 9ut of the bunch but he still ended up playing at a lower division school as a 4* recruit
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Beno4Life said:

chuck said:

Makes you wonder

Was he actually successful at Montana State? He's probably the best 9ut of the bunch but he still ended up playing at a lower division school as a 4* recruit
    I’m not sure if Hale is the best example, but he wouldn’t have gotten a scholly a couple years later. There is no way Pete wasn’t concerned from day one about Hale. Pete was hurt by being able to chose OKG’s that could still play a bit. It’s why his Boise teams weren’t choir boys. He couldn’t field a good team if he took a bunch of OKG’s.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2020

We’re still playing unnecessary games with local kids
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Warren G’s kid Olijah is actually pretty good
  • Options

Beno4Life said:

chuck said:

Makes you wonder

"If you smoke like I smoke then you high like everyday"
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Domicillo said:

We're gonna slow play this kid until he has an offer from everyone in the Pac 12 but we'll offer Caiden Jumper the minute he starts contemplating that UC Davis offer
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

Domicillo said:

We're gonna slow play this kid until he has an offer from everyone in the Pac 12 but we'll offer Caiden Jumper the minute he starts contemplating that UC Davis offer
    Thought we? had offered.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,301
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

Thought we? had offered.
    Grayshirt.