Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacob Schuster, 2021 3* DT, Olympia (Tumwater), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2020
    dnc said:

This is the one position I envy Washington's recruiting.

You wouldn't trade OL and WR rooms (not commits) with us?
    Oregon still has a very strong OL group. I'm not worried much at all with this group.

The WR position isn't great, but Oregon does have Micah Pittman, Jaylon Redd showed a lot of improvement last year, and Johnny Johnson returning. Oregon also has the Devon Williams transfer from USC. He couldn't break into the first team there, but few could given how stellar that group was and still is. This is by far Oregon's weakest position, and I am jealous about the UW WR room. I'm no longer envious with the recruiting, because Oregon's new receiver coach is one of the best recruiters in the country, and it is on display already. This group is going to look a lot different in a year or so.

Oregon has yet to peak.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Oregon still has a very strong OL group. I'm not worried much at all with this group.

The WR position isn't great, but Oregon does have Micah Pittman, Jaylon Redd showed a lot of improvement last year, and Johnny Johnson returning. Oregon also has the Devon Williams transfer from USC. He couldn't break into the first team there, but few could given how stellar that group was and still is. This is by far Oregon's weakest position, and I am jealous about the UW WR room, I'm no longer envious with the recruiting, because Oregon's new receiver coach is one of the best recruiters in the country, and it is on display already. This group is going to look a lot different in a year or so.
    fair

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    dnc said:

dnc said:

The WR position isn't great, but Oregon does have Micah Pittman, Jaylon Redd showed a lot of improvement last year, and Johnny Johnson returning. Oregon also has the Devon Williams transfer from USC. He couldn't break into the first team there, but few could given how stellar that group was and still is. This is by far Oregon's weakest position, and I am jealous about the UW WR room, I'm no longer envious with the recruiting, because Oregon's new receiver coach is one of the best recruiters in the country, and it is on display already. This group is going to look a lot different in a year or so.
    fair

I should also add, I'm not that fired up about Oregon's RB recruiting either. Campbell was able to year after year recruit what seemed to be a top 10 running back. This staff isn't there yet.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Draco seems the most obvious guess but just a guess.

That would bum me out. He always seemed like a guy that would take a few years to develop but had high upside. And given how wonky our recruiting classes have been from a numbers standpoint we now will only have Taimani and Letuligasenoa as 3rd year guys, either of which could leave early for the NFL if they have a big season this year.

He’s the worst player on the football team
    According to who?
    His teammates
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,024
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dnc said:

That would bum me out. He always seemed like a guy that would take a few years to develop but had high upside. And given how wonky our recruiting classes have been from a numbers standpoint we now will only have Taimani and Letuligasenoa as 3rd year guys, either of which could leave early for the NFL if they have a big season this year.

He’s the worst player on the football team
    According to who?
    His teammates

• Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    Have we seen a full on 10 incher yet?
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

Nose Tackles don’t typically leave for the draft super early historically.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

That one class had like 5 defensive linemen. Whichever one or two falls behind is likely to leave. It's why I'm fine taking a 3rd DT in this class, and why I think we should still take a 2nd ILB in this class even though we took a bunch last year

We already lose Levi and Bronson. Tuli may enter the draft after the season which would leave Taki, Tui, Bandes, Panama, Ngalu, and Bynum.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Why would Tuli leave?
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,092
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2020
    We already lost Nasili-Liu-Kite. You never know what’s gonna happen.
  • Options

Why would Tuli leave?

$
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,024
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

Why would Tuli leave?

$
    I find it hard to believe that a guy who has barely played is going to start one season and leave, but what do I know?
  • Options

Baseman said:

Why would Tuli leave?

$
    I find it hard to believe that a guy who has barely played is going to start one season and leave, but what do I know?

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,858
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Why would Tuli leave?

$

Meh, I side with Joey for once.

Someone else said DL typically don’t go from nothing to great to gone. Via & Gaines are the only two I can think of. Each had a build up and then good/great season.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    All that matters is good skill position, QB, and DL recruiting in modern football. You can scheme out a

Baseman said:

Why would Tuli leave?

$
    Barely played? Did you watch the same football team everyone else did or?