Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Numbers, math, facts, etc.

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,219
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

Cordwood

Pics or GTFO
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    Swaye's Wigwam
    People like H still trying to peddle fear with cases are simply pathetic at this point

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,917
  • Options
    LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,474
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    This paper from the Swedish government says that not only is open schools not an increased risk to children, but also not an increased risk (vs. any other profession) to teachers. It compared Sweden to Finland (who had closed schools).

Summary
    This report is a comparison between Finland and Sweden, two in many ways similar countries who applied different measures regarding schools during the covid-19 pandemic. There is no difference in the overall incidence of the laboratory confirmed covid-19 cases in the age group 1-19 years in the two countries and the number of laboratory confirmed cases does not fluctuate with school closure or change in testing policy in Finland. In Sweden, the number of laboratory confirmed cases is affected by change in testing policy. Severe covid-19 disease as measured in ICU admittance is very rare in both countries in this age group and no deaths were reported. Outbreak investigations in Finland has not shown children to be contributing much in terms of transmission and in Sweden a report comparing risk of covid-19 in different professions, showed no increased risk for teachers.

In conclusion, closure or not of schools had no measurable direct impact on the number of laboratory confirmed cases in school-aged children in Finland or Sweden. The negative effects of closing schools must be weighed against the positive indirect effects it might have on the mitigation of the covid-19 pandemic.

But Mean Orange Man says schools should open, so right on cue LA, San Diego, and San Bernardino announce that they are going to be distance learning in the fall.

Link:
    https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/publicerat-material/publikationsarkiv/c/covid-19-in-schoolchildren/
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,122
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I think it was stupid that sweden stayed open, however Through dumb luck it turned out to be pretty positive. How the world is ignoring this datapoint is crazy.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 9,002
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This paper from the Swedish government says that not only is open schools not an increased risk to children, but also not an increased risk (vs. any other profession) to teachers. It compared Sweden to Finland (who had closed schools).

Summary
    This report is a comparison between Finland and Sweden, two in many ways similar countries who applied different measures regarding schools during the covid-19 pandemic. There is no difference in the overall incidence of the laboratory confirmed covid-19 cases in the age group 1-19 years in the two countries and the number of laboratory confirmed cases does not fluctuate with school closure or change in testing policy in Finland. In Sweden, the number of laboratory confirmed cases is affected by change in testing policy. Severe covid-19 disease as measured in ICU admittance is very rare in both countries in this age group and no deaths were reported. Outbreak investigations in Finland has not shown children to be contributing much in terms of transmission and in Sweden a report comparing risk of covid-19 in different professions, showed no increased risk for teachers.

In conclusion, closure or not of schools had no measurable direct impact on the number of laboratory confirmed cases in school-aged children in Finland or Sweden. The negative effects of closing schools must be weighed against the positive indirect effects it might have on the mitigation of the covid-19 pandemic.

But Mean Orange Man says schools should open, so right on cue LA, San Diego, and San Bernardino announce that they are going to be distance learning in the fall.

Link:
    https://www.folkhalsomyndigheten.se/publicerat-material/publikationsarkiv/c/covid-19-in-schoolchildren/
    Trump really should try some reverse psychology on these idiots, it’ll probably work.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,122
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gwad said:

I got conflict minerals in my phone made from cheap slave labor but I care about people because I wear a MASK.

Did you post a black square on Instagram?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Gwad said:

I got conflict minerals in my phone made from cheap slave labor but I care about people because I wear a MASK.

Did you post a black square on Instagram?
    The important questions
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I couldn't partake in subtle white supremacy by encouraging melanin rich people to play the victim. Nigerian-Americans are the most educated ethnic group anyways.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,917

All about the election and crushing the economy.