Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Numbers, math, facts, etc.

GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
Standard Supporter
March 26 - https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/uw-model-says-social-distancing-is-starting-to-work-but-still-projects-1400-coronavirus-deaths-in-the-state/
In Washington, there’s no predicted shortage in overall hospital beds, though some individual facilities — including the UW Medical system — will need extra capacity and have already geared up to provide it. The statewide shortage in ICU beds is forecast to reach almost 100 by April 19, the model’s approximate date for when hospitalizations are expected to peak in Washington.

April 20

If I recall correctly, the rationale off lock-down wasn't primarily to prevent infection but to "flatten the curve" and give hospitals time and space to deal with those who've gotten sick.

Time to declare victory and move on?

Comments

• Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    You ever notice their data is sketchy? Check it out daily.....Also the curves you've got there are kind of interesting in that they are based on date of onset....
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

You ever notice their data is sketchy? Check it out daily.....Also the curves you've got there are kind of interesting in that they are based on date of onset....

Expound, please.

And 15 minutes of sleuthing, I could not find what that total available ICU bed figure is in WA.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,224
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Expound, please.

And 15 minutes of sleuthing, I could not find what that total available ICU bed figure is in WA.
    I couldn't find it either and that would show just how off the experts were in this example. I'm having some pretty epic battles with fuctarded liberals who believe we're nowhere near the end and that I'm irresponsible for sharing a different opinion and using these studies and statistics against their arguments. Bob always says it and it needs to be repeated again, "Liberals lie and they love being lied to even more." Not sure that's the exact quote Bob.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Expound, please.

I couldn't find it either and that would show just how off the experts were in this example. I'm having some pretty epic battles with fuctarded liberals who believe we're nowhere near the end and that I'm irresponsible for sharing a different opinion and using these studies and statistics against their arguments. Bob always says it and it needs to be repeated again, "Liberals lie and they love being lied to even more." Not sure that's the exact quote Bob.
    What were you seeing in the curve beyond the obvious?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Expound, please.

That's what's so amazing in these two graphs is just how obvious they were wrong. We know what their ICU bed shortfall predictions were but we don't know how many ICU beds there are. One has to assume we're nowhere close to their shortfall prediction. I think there's between 10 and 13,000 total hospital beds in the state of Washington and you can see how drastic the case count is falling. The death count is also falling off the cliff and does anyone remember what the "experts" told us in terms of how many deaths we should expect? I'm trying to go back and find the articles which had those predictions. UW's model started getting it close to right toward the end of March but earlier on they were way off.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Scott Adams making a hard charge to replace Scott Baio as the conservative A-lister for this year's RNC.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Scott Adams making a hard charge to replace Scott Baio as the conservative A-lister for this year's RNC.
    OKA Bob Loblaw. Really good information on this issue can be found at Bob Loblaw's Law Blog.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Expound, please.

That's what's so amazing in these two graphs is just how obvious they were wrong. We know what their ICU bed shortfall predictions were but we don't know how many ICU beds there are. One has to assume we're nowhere close to their shortfall prediction. I think there's between 10 and 13,000 total hospital beds in the state of Washington and you can see how drastic the case count is falling. The death count is also falling off the cliff and does anyone remember what the "experts" told us in terms of how many deaths we should expect? I'm trying to go back and find the articles which had those predictions. UW's model started getting it close to right toward the end of March but earlier on they were way off.
    WA death projection was 1400, 81k (huh?) nationally. It’s in the Seattle Tims article above. I’m LIPO on those.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    The left is still claiming 1million +
  • Options
    Founders Club

Expound, please.

WA death projection was 1400, 81k (huh?) nationally. It’s in the Seattle Tims article above. I’m LIPO on those.
    Yes, but that was March 26th when their predictions started falling precipitously. I remember reading ridiculous numbers and as the stats proved they were way off they started to change their models. The point I've been trying to make is that all the draconian restrictions were based on these absurd earlier predictions. I hope the experts here took plenty of screenshots because I can't find them now.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Expound, please.

Looks like it's 341: ( from the UW Covid Site: https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/washington )

If you look at the data one day, call that "Day A" and then you look at "Day A" say 3-4 days later, the data is different for that day. Add to that the fact that the counties continue to complain when they post their #s that the state data system is having challenges. The #s don't really jive from one chart to another either on the same site.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Expound, please.

Looks like it's 341: ( from the UW Covid Site: https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/washington )

If you look at the data one day, call that "Day A" and then you look at "Day A" say 3-4 days later, the data is different for that day. Add to that the fact that the counties continue to complain when they post their #s that the state data system is having challenges. The #s don't really jive from one chart to another either on the same site.
    I have low expectations for government in this regard, and they’ve probably exceeded those modest expectations considering the circumstances. The problem of course is the fucktarded policies based—allegedly—on shitty data.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Wow. Looking at those two charts together proves Trumps drugs worked!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    doogie said:

Wow. Looking at those two charts together proves Trumps drugs worked!

Also, looking at those two charts together on my cell phone is making me go blind....don't twist
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    overall cases in Washington dropped yesterday for the first time.

The current stay at home order expires in 2 weeks. You don't want to fuck it up and end it early and cause another lockdown, but I can't see it extending more than a week beyond that.
  • Options
    Founders Club

overall cases in Washington dropped yesterday for the first time.

The current stay at home order expires in 2 weeks. You don't want to fuck it up and end it early and cause another lockdown, but I can't see it extending more than a week beyond that.

Tucker Carlson was really good tonight. Toward the end of the show he or the doctor he always has on reminded us that one of the antidotes of the 1918 Spanish flu was the sun (vitamin D). It proved to help so much so that they started building hospitals outside. Their "experts" wrote about this and tried to warn us we should do the same when the next great pandemic of this nature hit the United States. Did we take heed? No we did the exact opposite. The virus is dissipated outside. It thrives inside and now some tests are proving that exposure to sunlight can actually help kill the virus. So stay inside if you want to but tomorrow I'm taking my basketball to the park and shoot air balls to prove a point.
  • Options
    incremetal_progressincremetal_progress Member Posts: 358
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    people will absolutely get restless if it's extended too long. We're just not at that point yet.

Golf courses, fishing and state parks need to be opened soon. I don't think people are dying to go back to movie theaters, bowling allies, and restaurants (Hi dumbfuck Georgia governor!) but they're definitely gonna get sick of sitting inside.