Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tevarua Tafiti, 2022 3* LB, Honolulu (Punahou), HI (Offered)

123457»

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

chuck said:

haie said:

chuck said:

dOgmaster said:

uw does rank high, but the high ranking is because uw has a very solid medical school, which gets the most $$$ in research grants in the country. But there is nothing unique about a 4-year degree from uw. And I doubt many football players are in the medical program.

UW has more than just a solid med school. You're absolutely right about a bachelor's degree being no more valuable than a run of the mill degree from a directional school or branch campus though.

A BS or MS from high brow schools like Oregon State, Humboldt State, Colorado State, and even Idaho-Moscow have more prestige in my field than one from UW. No joke. Not that it really matters. Hiring decisions always come down to experience and interviews.
    Any high school kid who is serious about their education isn't choosing those schools over UW unless they can't get the money/scholarship to go to UW. Idaho will take you with a fucking 2.0, and beavlet...lol.

Fuck me for even touching this thread.
    And UW will take an athlete with that same 2.0.

You just don't get it. It's not about which school is harder to get into for the general student body. A kid with a 3.9 in HS who goes to the UW degree factory for their BS in biology or journalism or econ has no advantages, none, over a kid who stumbled into Idaho with their 2.5 and got the same degree.
    I’m not sure I’d go that far, but the difference in bachelors degrees as stand alone paper between any of the large PNW state schools is marginal, at best.
    🤣
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sensitivity?

Take a UW degree down to Portland and cut through all the little beavlets and fighting svens and quooks like a fucking hot knife through butter.

Quooks have no clue what they are taking about and never will.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

Fuck me. Am I agreeing with Kim?

He's right, outside of Stanford.

But this is all sales and they have a dismal environment for a serious football player. Playing in front of 10 nerds for 3-4 years sounds awful and when you graduate in 3 and want to stay for any reason you are getting run off anyways.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

Sensitivity?

Take a UW degree down to Portland and cut through all the little beavlets and fighting svens and quooks like a fucking hot knife through butter.

Quooks have no clue what they are taking about and never will.

Haie, talking shit is easy. I have been there and I am trying to clarify that a 4 year degree is just that, a standard degree. I have hired in Portland. It doesn’t fucking matter where its from. There is current research proving this. Only a Stanford degree carries more weight. This is not a knock on uw, evidently its just a blow to some egos.
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don’t shit I can’t backup RoadDawg55. I am just trying to share my real world experience to eliminate bullshit. How about you prove to me that uw’s 4-year degree carries more weight anywhere. I bet you fucking can’t!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Fuck me. Am I agreeing with Kim?

*academis
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2021
    Look at how upset @haie gets when you disparage his cute little bachelor’s degree🤣

Imagine giving a fuck about the BA you got 20-30-40 years ago from a fucking state school….

Couldn’t be me….
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    More room for PWOs
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dOgmaster said:

I don’t shit I can’t backup RoadDawg55. I am just trying to share my real world experience to eliminate bullshit. How about you prove to me that uw’s 4-year degree carries more weight anywhere. I bet you fucking can’t!

I was joking. I don’t care either way.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,235
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    dOgmaster said: