Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Tevarua Tafiti, 2022 3* LB, Honolulu (Punahou), HI (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Doug said:

Jesus Fetters you are truly a idiot

The people on Dawgman who legitimately try to act like UW is the same level academically as ND, Cal, or Stanford because they saw UW was a top ten university on some bullshit ranking are the absolute worst. UW is a good school, but the doogs think it’s the same tier as an Ivy. Spoiler, it’s not.
    Quite frankly, I would send my kid to USC or UCLA. I went to UW for 5 years. Nothing special. When I see these school rankings I laugh when I see UW ranked that high.

Couldnt graduate in 4?
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    uw does rank high, but the high ranking is because uw has a very solid medical school, which gets the most $$$ in research grants in the country. But there is nothing unique about a 4-year degree from uw. And I doubt many football players are in the medical program.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dOgmaster said:

uw does rank high, but the high ranking is because uw has a very solid medical school, which gets the most $$$ in research grants in the country. But there is nothing unique about a 4-year degree from uw. And I doubt many football players are in the medical program.

UW has more than just a solid med school. You're absolutely right about a bachelor's degree being no more valuable than a run of the mill degree from a directional school or branch campus though.

A BS or MS from high brow schools like Oregon State, Humboldt State, Colorado State, and even Idaho-Moscow have more prestige in my field than one from UW. No joke. Not that it really matters. Hiring decisions always come down to experience and interviews.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    mrdoog said:

dnc said:

mrdoog said:

Imagine thinking these kids care about academics

Imagine thinking kids who go to Stanford don't care about academics.
    Imagine thinking period.
    It’s easy if you try.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If I have a bundle of joy that is being offered a chance to go to Stanford that bundle is getting shipped off to Palo fucking Alto.

If a recruit/family care about academic prestige enough for it to be a deciding factor then your school better be in the same tier. Stanford has their own tier for FBS schools. Followed by the other private schools, the UCs, and the well known public academic institutions. If your pitch is being near the top of tier three then you’re fucked.

The average person in the United States has no clue what school is ranked where, or if any college is considered elite unless they’re Harvard or Yale or Stanford. I’d bet there’s a solid chunk of the population who don’t even know that. There are warnings on packets of desiccant telling people not to eat it, and yet there are college football fans who believe that a recruit’s family will distinguish or care about the academic differences between their state school and another state school.

“You see Mrs. Tookacreampie your son can get a world class education that 52% of people who applied can also get. Unlike our rivals, where 23% more people can get one and are therefore knuckle dragging Neanderthals that will have to spend the next 40 years in backbreaking labor as ditch diggers employed by our graduates. Our graduates will, of course, be kings among men. Thanks to our world renowned entomology program and top-50 mechanical engineering degree your son has no shot of ever attaining due to many factors, including but not limited to the repeated concussions I will subject him to in order to maintain my $4 million salary. Our medical school is also top notch, so you will have the peace of mind of knowing that a pretty good doctor performing an autopsy on your son after the CTE suicide spent a few years at sort of the same place. Now - let me tell you about his desired major that we will force him to quit in order to major in something easier and more convenient for the practice schedule.”
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    dnc said:

mrdoog said:

dnc said:

mrdoog said:

Imagine thinking period.
    It’s easy if you try.
    No hell below us
  • Options
    Mooser42Mooser42 Member Posts: 763

If I have a bundle of joy that is being offered a chance to go to Stanford that bundle is getting shipped off to Palo fucking Alto.

If a recruit/family care about academic prestige enough for it to be a deciding factor then your school better be in the same tier. Stanford has their own tier for FBS schools. Followed by the other private schools, the UCs, and the well known public academic institutions. If your pitch is being near the top of tier three then you’re fucked.

The average person in the United States has no clue what school is ranked where, or if any college is considered elite unless they’re Harvard or Yale or Stanford. I’d bet there’s a solid chunk of the population who don’t even know that. There are warnings on packets of desiccant telling people not to eat it, and yet there are college football fans who believe that a recruit’s family will distinguish or care about the academic differences between their state school and another state school.

“You see Mrs. Tookacreampie your son can get a world class education that 52% of people who applied can also get. Unlike our rivals, where 23% more people can get one and are therefore knuckle dragging Neanderthals that will have to spend the next 40 years in backbreaking labor as ditch diggers employed by our graduates. Our graduates will, of course, be kings among men. Thanks to our world renowned entomology program and top-50 mechanical engineering degree your son has no shot of ever attaining due to many factors, including but not limited to the repeated concussions I will subject him to in order to maintain my $4 million salary. Our medical school is also top notch, so you will have the peace of mind of knowing that a pretty good doctor performing an autopsy on your son after the CTE suicide spent a few years at sort of the same place. Now - let me tell you about his desired major that we will force him to quit in order to major in something easier and more convenient for the practice schedule.”

I chortled.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Mooser42 said:

I chortled.
    Her husband was Finnish.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    I don’t know what I’m more annoyed by: Lake and co continuing to piss and shit the bed or having to read Doogs rationalize losing a PSA to the ’Furd with the fucking academic argument.

Just shut the fuck up. Jimmy can’t close. He can sell, but can’t close. I don’t want to hear the fucking academic argument for the umpteenth time…that’s Doogman banter.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

mrdoog said:

dnc said:

mrdoog said:

Imagine thinking period.
    It’s easy if you try.
    No hell below us
    We're already in it
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    dOgmaster said:

JFC. Spoken like someone who would really know what they're talking about on this matter.

Burn this thread down. Tafiti wanted Stanford because they are second to none in the academies category and he was notified he got in over the weekend.

Oregon the journalism school can STFU on the topic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dOgmaster said:

UW has more than just a solid med school. You're absolutely right about a bachelor's degree being no more valuable than a run of the mill degree from a directional school or branch campus though.

A BS or MS from high brow schools like Oregon State, Humboldt State, Colorado State, and even Idaho-Moscow have more prestige in my field than one from UW. No joke. Not that it really matters. Hiring decisions always come down to experience and interviews.
    Any high school kid who is serious about their education isn't choosing those schools over UW unless they can't get the money/scholarship to go to UW. Idaho will take you with a fucking 2.0, and beavlet...lol.

Fuck me for even touching this thread.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2021

Doug said:

The people on Dawgman who legitimately try to act like UW is the same level academically as ND, Cal, or Stanford because they saw UW was a top ten university on some bullshit ranking are the absolute worst. UW is a good school, but the doogs think it’s the same tier as an Ivy. Spoiler, it’s not.
    I have degree from uw, that should end all the uw prestige discussions
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

I love how Fetters makes up an excuse about how Washington not being rated high enough academically is why we suck at recruiting now. Pete had no problem beating Stanford and ND for recruits. We just have a staff that is lazy and sucks at recruiting. It's really that simple.

Welcome to the dark side my nega
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

Doug said:

Umm, what alum thinks this? I've never been to dawgman and don't care what they think.

The only ones that I know of that even remotely push this are the ones that spent most of their 4 years in a library and didn't have any fun and stressed balls in some bio/med program the entire time.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Your field is jizz mopping? Damn, aim higher...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam

I love how Fetters makes up an excuse about how Washington not being rated high enough academically is why we suck at recruiting now. Pete had no problem beating Stanford and ND for recruits. We just have a staff that is lazy and sucks at recruiting. It's really that simple.

Asa Turner

Husky legend
  • Options
    DoogerMcFarlandDoogerMcFarland Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 739
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021

“I’m closing my recruitment completely; this is the school I wanted and this has been my dream school since freshman year,” Tafiti said.

Stanford has been his dream school for two and a half years. Hard to beat that.

We were Morrison's dream school since he was like 8 years old lol
    No fucking way?!?!