Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Maximum Carnage Week Game Thread

Comments

• Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I'd describe myself as a science type guy. Although I loved sports, I was always interested in science and I would read Scientific America in the library in junior high (which now is UnScientific America). Our supposed official scientific elite has so totally discredited themselves that I don't take anything they say with much seriousness. You just get dribs and dabs about cases presented in some uncohesive fashion. So, in some places cases are up. Who are these cases? How much more testing is occurring. People are traveling more and lots of places require a negative test to fly. How many are these cases? Are they in the under 40 year old category in which there is little risk of a serious illness? How is hospitalization and deaths in Japan? If vaccines work, why not require a vaccination for anyone in the Olympic Village (which I'm guessing is already the case). Had lunch at the Astoria Brewing Company yesterday. Staff was fanatically sterilizing every seat and table at which someone ate. CDC just said you don't get it from surfaces, but Oregon still requires this virtue signaling along with masks that don't work. Geezus we are phucked.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    hardhat said:

What the fuck are we doing
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,954
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'd describe myself as a science type guy. Although I loved sports, I was always interested in science and I would read Scientific America in the library in junior high (which now is UnScientific America). Our supposed official scientific elite has so totally discredited themselves that I don't take anything they say with much seriousness. You just get dribs and dabs about cases presented in some uncohesive fashion. So, in some places cases are up. Who are these cases? How much more testing is occurring. People are traveling more and lots of places require a negative test to fly. How many are these cases? Are they in the under 40 year old category in which there is little risk of a serious illness? How is hospitalization and deaths in Japan? If vaccines work, why not require a vaccination for anyone in the Olympic Village (which I'm guessing is already the case). Had lunch at the Astoria Brewing Company yesterday. Staff was fanatically sterilizing every seat and table at which someone ate. CDC just said you don't get it from surfaces, but Oregon still requires this virtue signaling along with masks that don't work. Geezus we are phucked.

Nuanced data was always the answer if we actually cared about making coherent decisions on policy. What dictates making a test being required, how has that changed, how many new cases have symptoms, what is the severity of positive tests in terms of viral load, what is the average BMI of the new cases, hospitalizations, deaths, etc.

Just saying more testing was the solution without actually grabbing any real data was always stupid.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,831
    Glad I have landed back in Idaho where we have freedom. All this mask bullshit is just that bullshit. It's dangerous as I have always said and does nothing to improve your chances but everything to decrease them.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2021
    Bob_C said:

Nuanced data
    was always the answer if we actually cared about making coherent decisions on policy. What dictates making a test being required, how has that changed, how many new cases have symptoms, what is the severity of positive tests in terms of viral load, what is the average BMI of the new cases, hospitalizations, deaths, etc.

Just saying more testing was the solution without actually grabbing any real data was always stupid.
    Don't blame the data, bud. Most people possess the attention span of a gnat and are incapable of understanding "the data" even when spoon fed to them.

Remember there's a substantial group of people who lie and love to be lied to. So data interpretation incompetence is a non-factor to that large group.

"But Fauci said"...You get the problem, data be damned.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,934
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

Bob_C said:

Nuanced data
    was always the answer if we actually cared about making coherent decisions on policy. What dictates making a test being required, how has that changed, how many new cases have symptoms, what is the severity of positive tests in terms of viral load, what is the average BMI of the new cases, hospitalizations, deaths, etc.

Don't blame the data, bud. Most people possess the attention span of a gnat and are incapable of understanding "the data" even when spoon fed to them.

Remember there's a substantial group of people who lie and love to be lied to. So data interpretation incompetence is a non-factor to that large group.

"But Fauci said"...You get the problem, data be damned.
    We are not blaming the data, we are blaming our so-called elites who are playing with the data. I agree that most people possess the attention span of a gnat, but some of us do understand data and what we are being given is not useful or transparent. Fow Chee is just a petty tyrant bureaucrat. At least Trump recognized that the data was being spun. Just look at what they did with HCL. The dems and the leftards on this board could care less about the destruction of small businesses and love to wear masks to virtue signal.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Fuck man. I'm going to a rangers game on wed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,424
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://newsmax.com/newsfront/wuhan-lab-covid-19/2021/04/25/id/1018907/

Despite its repeated denials, revelations are coming out the Chinese government has been working on a secret military project for 9 years to find and research animal viruses, according to documents obtained by the U.K.'s Daily Mail on Sunday.

The Trump administration had long speculated the Wuhan Institute of Virology had been conducting military research amid the global coronavirus pandemic that is believed to have begun in November 2019 in Wuhan.

"The Chinese have made it clear they see biotechnology as a big part of the future of hybrid warfare," State Department weapons expert David Asher told the Mail. "The big question is whether their work in these fields is offensive or defensive."

The documents show research called "the discovery of animal-delivered pathogens carried by wild animals" detected the "dark matter" of biology in spreading disease, including 143 new diseases discovered in the first 3 years of the project, according to the report.

The de facto "Bat Woman" at the WIV lab, Shi Zhengli made trips to find samples in caves and helped lead a team of 5 that include Cao Wuchin, a senior Chinese army officer and government bioterrorism adviser, the Mail reported.

"I don't know of any military work at the WIV," Col. Cao said last month, denying U.S. government allegations of military research at the WIV. "That info is incorrect."

But documents obtained by the Mail show Cao as a Academy of Military Medical Sciences of the People's Liberation Army, director of the Military Biosafety Expert Committee and sits on the Wuhan Institute of Virology's advisory board.