Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

So 225 new deaths today.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,449 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Once upon a time I would give a leftard the benefit of the doubt.
    But year after year of being lied to by nearly every leftist I’ve encountered, I changed my mind a long time ago. Leftards lie and love to be lied to. They view conservatives as ignorant of the higher “truths” and evil – hence there exists no moral stigma to lying for the greater good. They will refuse to be honest – even on an anonymous board. Bubba and barry, the last two dem presidents both lied about supporting marriage as between a man and a woman. I knew they were lying, they knew they were lying and the MSM knew they were lying and were happy to keep it that way so they didn’t piss off the black and Hispanic vote.

The counselor when he first appeared claimed to be a conservative. A pretty standard leftard ploy. It’s either that or claim to be a true moderate. But from the beginning it seemed odd that the counselor supported no conservative policies but he did support almost every leftard policy that came down the pike. There is no phucking way he voted for Bush. The counselor will lie and distort anything he can get his hands on to promote the leftard agenda. Look at the Russia, Russia hoax. The counselor will still deny the most basic elements of that hoax. That to me is a rubber hits the road moment. Then on to Ukraine. The counselor tells us this was an impeachable offense. Ask him what high crime was committed and silence. However, he will happily pull the trigger and vote for a bought and paid for Joe Biden on both the Ukraine and Chicom front. Barry sent blankets and MREs to the Ukrainian border. Wouldn’t directly ship. Trump sends military weapons and gets impeached. There is no phucking way he voted for Bush when he would vote for a Soviet Union/Cuba symp like Bernie.

The counselor’s arguments – like all leftards are:

Play the race/bigot card;

Make a weak lame ass moral equivalency argument; or

Lie (hands up, don't shoot)

Bag of hammers has caught and passed you, Westy.
    Those hammers were just dropped on your head
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,003 Standard Supporter
    I could add phu*cking strawman ass. You seem to be ignoring the facts I laid out and the obvious conclusion.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    HHusky said:

But year after year of being lied to by nearly every leftist I’ve encountered, I changed my mind a long time ago. Leftards lie and love to be lied to. They view conservatives as ignorant of the higher “truths” and evil – hence there exists no moral stigma to lying for the greater good. They will refuse to be honest – even on an anonymous board. Bubba and barry, the last two dem presidents both lied about supporting marriage as between a man and a woman. I knew they were lying, they knew they were lying and the MSM knew they were lying and were happy to keep it that way so they didn’t piss off the black and Hispanic vote.

The counselor when he first appeared claimed to be a conservative. A pretty standard leftard ploy. It’s either that or claim to be a true moderate. But from the beginning it seemed odd that the counselor supported no conservative policies but he did support almost every leftard policy that came down the pike. There is no phucking way he voted for Bush. The counselor will lie and distort anything he can get his hands on to promote the leftard agenda. Look at the Russia, Russia hoax. The counselor will still deny the most basic elements of that hoax. That to me is a rubber hits the road moment. Then on to Ukraine. The counselor tells us this was an impeachable offense. Ask him what high crime was committed and silence. However, he will happily pull the trigger and vote for a bought and paid for Joe Biden on both the Ukraine and Chicom front. Barry sent blankets and MREs to the Ukrainian border. Wouldn’t directly ship. Trump sends military weapons and gets impeached. There is no phucking way he voted for Bush when he would vote for a Soviet Union/Cuba symp like Bernie.

He nailed you O'Keefed and there's no denying that you are a liar.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,354
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I know why you know I’m telling the truth. You gave me shit about playing Hamlet with the decision. I don’t remember if you explicitly used that metaphor, but that was the gist.

Anyway, my vote for W has been out there and repeated many times over 16 years. Calling it a lie now seems to say more about Gasbag, Race and Atl than it does about me. Feeling defensive, ladies?
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I know you know it’s true because you gave me shit about playing Hamlet with my 2004 vote. I don’t remember whether you explicitly used that metaphor, but that was the gist.

Anyway, I have mentioned my vote for W many times in the course of 16 years. Calling it a lie now says more about Gasbag, Race and Atl than it does about me. They are obviously beginning to question their own choices—a self examination that is plainly called for and long past due.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,921 Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

60% higher than yesterday.

So 300 deaths tomorrow and total deaths hit 1,000?

I’ll take the over.

Thanks for confirming what you've been hoping for all along.
    I guess you Covid deniers are just better people.
    Yeah- COVID denier. Nailed me on that one. I don't think you're going to make detective.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I know you know it’s true because you gave me shit about playing Hamlet with my 2004 vote. I don’t remember whether you explicitly used that metaphor, but that was the gist.

Anyway, I have mentioned my vote for W many times in the course of 16 years. Calling it a lie now says more about Gasbag, Race and Atl than it does about me. They are obviously beginning to question their own choices—a self examination that is plainly called for and long past due.
    I know what you've said O'Keefed. But we both know you are a liar. So were you lying then or are you lying now?

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’ll take the over.

Yeah- COVID denier. Nailed me on that one. I don't think you're going to make detective.
    So you agree with my math.
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

I know what you've said O'Keefed. But we both know you are a liar. So were you lying then or are you lying now?
    My testimony hasn’t changed. Were you just looking for a provocative sound bite?

Don’t quit your day “job”.
    “Lying then or now”, blob?

My statements haven’t changed. Were you just looking for a provocative sound bite?

Don’t quit your day job.
  • georgiaduckgeorgiaduck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,921 Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’ll take the over.

I agree with the board you have a goulish hope the death rate hits 1,000 sooner rather than later,

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’ll take the over.

I agree with the board you have a goulish hope the death rate hits 1,000 sooner rather than later,
    I have an ability to look at the numbers and see reality. It’s a recognition, not a “hope”. This isn’t quite the nothing burger or joke some of your pals said it was. I admit to some grim pleasure in seeing their hubris flung back in their faces.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    edited March 2020
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’ll take the over.

I have an ability to look at the numbers and see reality. It’s a recognition, not a “hope”. This isn’t quite the nothing burger or joke some of your pals said it was. I admit to some grim pleasure in seeing their hubris flung back in their faces.
    Nothings changed with me.

Will the death total warrant the hysteria? If the numbers play out to just a bad flu season then absolutely not.

If at the end of this we're looking at massive fatalities outside the norm then take a lap hands raised.
    Doogles said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’ll take the over.

Will the death total warrant the hysteria? If the numbers play out to just a bad flu season then absolutely not.

If at the end of this we're looking at massive fatalities outside the norm then take a lap hands raised.
    The Coronavirus isn’t replacing the flu. We still have the flu also. A 100% increase in the number of seasonal, killer viruses isn’t the minor matter you appear to believe it is.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    In my completely unscientific survey of public sentiment and opinion-shapers, there's been a shift in the last day toward let's get working again.
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    Doogles said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’ll take the over.

If the numbers end up being a bad flu season than the draconian measures taken to "flatten the curve" probably saved our ass.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Doogles said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’ll take the over.

The Coronavirus isn’t replacing the flu. We still have the flu also. A 100% increase in the number of seasonal, killer viruses isn’t the minor matter you appear to believe it is.
    My 90 year old Grandma caught a fever last week and passed in her sleep two days later. She lived a great life, but dementia and other health complications had her teetering for awhile.

Corona virus may very well be the closer to a lot of ailments, but saying these deaths are 100% in addition to is extremely naive.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Doogles said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’ll take the over.

AAAARRRGGH!!!! MEAN ORANGE MAN!!!! FLU!!!!

SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!

LIFPO, dazzler. Christ.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

In my completely unscientific survey of public sentiment and opinion-shapers, there's been a shift in the last day toward let's get working again.

If we have enough data to make sounds decisions and the hospitals aren't being overwhelmed then this should be the case.
    I'm not making an advisability argument, only observation of sentiment. For example, you've got Thomas Friedman in NYT opinion yesterday asking if the cure is worse.