Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fuck you Jay Inslee...

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,085
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He was going to pull the trigger Friday

Dugdawg said:

I think Inslee is asking us as adults to understand the situation and act responsibly. Flatten the fucking curve to help our health care system cope. I dont see any agenda beyond that. I have a wife and a daughter who are front line healthcare workers. This is real. The fix is simple if we all just get smart. The economy will rebound in a matter of months. Don't let partisan political views cloud your vision.

Help me with the "This is real" part. Real as in what? What are they seeing? Are the hospitals exploding with CV patients? Are we out of ventilators yet? How does this compare to Flu-related hospitalizations.

"This is real" doesn't help me.

Show me the data in our state that merits a statewide stay at home order. Are we fighting the boogie man here, or do you have real evidence that we are in deep shit.

I'm being serious because I don't see it.

Cases don't count. Lots of people will get it. I agree with that. Hospital beds filling up and deaths parabolically going up will get my attention. I don't see that happening right now nor do I see the evidence that is going to happen.

Here's some fucking data for you. Look at deaths per county. We're going to kill the economy in all these podunk counties, too? 1 death in fucking pierce county. WHERE'S THE DATA TO BACK THE "THIS IS REAL"

Before you write me off, I have a computer science degree, am a high level executive and I swim in data wearing a speedo all fucking day.

Confirmed Cases / Deaths by County
    County Positive/Confirmed Cases Deaths
    Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Number of Individuals Tested
    Result Number of Individuals Tested Percent of Tests
    Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

Confirmed Cases / Deaths by Age
    Age Group Percent of Cases Percent of Deaths
    <19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    So 92% of death is happening in people 60 years or older. I'd bet most of the deaths in the 60-69 range are much closer to 70.
    This is fucking cray cray. Old people die at roughly a 50 time multiplier as young people. It really takes off at age 65.

Insane, isn't it?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/mortality/gmwk23r.htm

So we are shutting down the nation and economy to keep a few boomer alive. These people fuck us over at every turn.
    I'm willing for others to die to save the economy

Like in a real war

#notallheroeswearcapes
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,107

Dugdawg said:

I think Inslee is asking us as adults to understand the situation and act responsibly. Flatten the fucking curve to help our health care system cope. I dont see any agenda beyond that. I have a wife and a daughter who are front line healthcare workers. This is real. The fix is simple if we all just get smart. The economy will rebound in a matter of months. Don't let partisan political views cloud your vision.

Help me with the "This is real" part. Real as in what? What are they seeing? Are the hospitals exploding with CV patients? Are we out of ventilators yet? How does this compare to Flu-related hospitalizations.

Show me the data in our state that merits a statewide stay at home order. Are we fighting the boogie man here, or do you have real evidence that we are in deep shit.

Cases don't count. Lots of people will get it. I agree with that. Hospital beds filling up and deaths parabolically going up will get my attention. I don't see that happening right now nor do I see the evidence that is going to happen.

Here's some fucking data for you. Look at deaths per county. We're going to kill the economy in all these podunk counties, too? 1 death in fucking pierce county. WHERE'S THE DATA TO BACK THE "THIS IS REAL"

Before you write me off, I have a computer science degree, am a high level executive and I swim in data wearing a speedo all fucking day.

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    So 92% of death is happening in people 60 years or older. I'd bet most of the deaths in the 60-69 range are much closer to 70.
    This is fucking cray cray. Old people die at roughly a 50 time multiplier as young people. It really takes off at age 65.

Insane, isn't it?

So we are shutting down the nation and economy to keep a few boomer alive. These people fuck us over at every turn.
    I'm willing for others to die to save the economy

Like in a real war

#notallheroeswearcapes
    The 1850's Boomers > the 1950's Boomers.

@RaceBannon was there.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>

Insane, isn't it?

I hope I die before I get old.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    Lulz. You fix shipping carts and run a kitty motel.
    Watch more TV @MikeDamone you butthead.
    Huh?
    You down voted me for for giving Doogie a compliment. Try to keep up please.
    So? Imagine caring about downvotes.
    Chill Damone. You're mixing volatile compounds.

Stop Trolling for Upvotes.
  • Options

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>

Insane, isn't it?

Imagine caring about this.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>

Insane, isn't it?

I hope I die before I get old.
    It turns out that isn't the best strategy after all
    Sage advice.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>

Insane, isn't it?

If we (?) let it run it’s course it could take care of the Social Security shortfall.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like how millennial twitter is pretending they care about boomers now
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,185

This is the most salient point I’ve read today. Race does it again!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

This is the most salient point I’ve read today. Race does it again!
    You should tweet it
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Let me resurrect this thread to say Fuck You Inslee! I’m in Scottsdale shopping for my next house and found out my prearranged funding (non-contingent) fell through because he shut down WA real estate sales as non-essential business. He better lift this shit by April 8th.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

Let me resurrect this thread to say Fuck You Inslee! I’m in Scottsdale shopping for my next house and found out my prearranged funding (non-contingent) fell through because he shut down WA real estate sales as non-essential business. He better lift this shit by April 8th.

WTF does that have to do with containing the virus? Sounds like class-warfare hiding's behind the facade of the pandemic.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

WTF does that have to do with containing the virus? Sounds like class-warfare hiding's behind the facade of the pandemic.
    No idea. AZ realtors got the essential business exemption as long as they took reasonable precautions. Showings by appointment only, reasonable time between appointments, some wore masks, hand sanitizer everywhere, etc. WA, just shut it down.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    USMChawk said:

Realtors are retarded in general, but yours must be especially dumb.. Real estate has not been shut down. They limited open houses and the number of in-person visits.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/washington-gov-jay-inslee-adjusts-ban-on-funerals-issues-more-guidance-to-real-estate-agents/
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020

USMChawk said:

Realtors are retarded in general, but yours must be especially dumb.. Real estate has not been shut down. They limited open houses and the number of in-person visits.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/washington-gov-jay-inslee-adjusts-ban-on-funerals-issues-more-guidance-to-real-estate-agents/
    This was published yesterday as additional guidance. Without knowing more, it could be my agent is retarded or Inslee’s initial order was confusing. Probably a little column A, a little column B.

The governor also announced additional guidance for real estate transactions. “While real estate activities along with mortgage lending activities have been approved as essential activities” and are allowed to continue under his stay-at-home order, there are limitations, Inslee said in a memo.

In-person meetings with customers are prohibited except when necessary for a customer to view a property or sign necessary documents; no real estate open houses are permitted; and property viewings, inspections, appraisals and final walk-throughs must be arranged by appointment and limited to no more than two people on site at any time, exercising social distancing at all times. Otherwise, all new real estate listings are to be handled remotely.
  • Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,014
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USMChawk said:

USMChawk said:

This was published yesterday as additional guidance. Without knowing more, it could be my agent is retarded or Inslee’s initial order was confusing. Probably a little column A, a little column B.

The governor also announced additional guidance for real estate transactions. “While real estate activities along with mortgage lending activities have been approved as essential activities” and are allowed to continue under his stay-at-home order, there are limitations, Inslee said in a memo.

In-person meetings with customers are prohibited except when necessary for a customer to view a property or sign necessary documents; no real estate open houses are permitted; and property viewings, inspections, appraisals and final walk-throughs must be arranged by appointment and limited to no more than two people on site at any time, exercising social distancing at all times. Otherwise, all new real estate listings are to be handled remotely.
    the NWMLS and NAR made a big bitch and Inslee changed the order this weekend. Originally it was shut down, but now it's open, with a bunch of BS rules in place.