Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fuck you Jay Inslee...

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

I think Inslee is asking us as adults to understand the situation and act responsibly. Flatten the fucking curve to help our health care system cope. I dont see any agenda beyond that. I have a wife and a daughter who are front line healthcare workers. This is real. The fix is simple if we all just get smart. The economy will rebound in a matter of months. Don't let partisan political views cloud your vision.

Help me with the "This is real" part. Real as in what? What are they seeing? Are the hospitals exploding with CV patients? Are we out of ventilators yet? How does this compare to Flu-related hospitalizations.

"This is real" doesn't help me.

Show me the data in our state that merits a statewide stay at home order. Are we fighting the boogie man here, or do you have real evidence that we are in deep shit.

I'm being serious because I don't see it.

Cases don't count. Lots of people will get it. I agree with that. Hospital beds filling up and deaths parabolically going up will get my attention. I don't see that happening right now nor do I see the evidence that is going to happen.

Here's some fucking data for you. Look at deaths per county. We're going to kill the economy in all these podunk counties, too? 1 death in fucking pierce county. WHERE'S THE DATA TO BACK THE "THIS IS REAL"

Before you write me off, I have a computer science degree, am a high level executive and I swim in data wearing a speedo all fucking day.

Confirmed Cases / Deaths by County
    County Positive/Confirmed Cases Deaths
    Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Number of Individuals Tested
    Result Number of Individuals Tested Percent of Tests
    Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

Confirmed Cases / Deaths by Age
    Age Group Percent of Cases Percent of Deaths
    <19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    Lulz. You fix shipping carts and run a kitty motel.
    Watch more TV @MikeDamone you butthead.
    Huh?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,668
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

I think Inslee is asking us as adults to understand the situation and act responsibly. Flatten the fucking curve to help our health care system cope. I dont see any agenda beyond that. I have a wife and a daughter who are front line healthcare workers. This is real. The fix is simple if we all just get smart. The economy will rebound in a matter of months. Don't let partisan political views cloud your vision.

Help me with the "This is real" part. Real as in what? What are they seeing? Are the hospitals exploding with CV patients? Are we out of ventilators yet? How does this compare to Flu-related hospitalizations.

Show me the data in our state that merits a statewide stay at home order. Are we fighting the boogie man here, or do you have real evidence that we are in deep shit.

Cases don't count. Lots of people will get it. I agree with that. Hospital beds filling up and deaths parabolically going up will get my attention. I don't see that happening right now nor do I see the evidence that is going to happen.

Here's some fucking data for you. Look at deaths per county. We're going to kill the economy in all these podunk counties, too? 1 death in fucking pierce county. WHERE'S THE DATA TO BACK THE "THIS IS REAL"

Before you write me off, I have a computer science degree, am a high level executive and I swim in data wearing a speedo all fucking day.

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    Hospitals are telling whoever they can that ventilators will run out in about a week and that Western WA is about 2 weeks behind Seattle levels of infection.

That is where the pants shitting is coming from.

Along with the paranoia that a ton of people are walking around that had false negative test results or don't think they have the virus.

I agree with you overall though. The next 2 weeks have been predicted to be the worst for awhile now. We've had a mild winter. Hard to see this propogating into may and the summer.

I'll leave the floor now to someone who is really qualified to discuss all of this: a history major who's been mega loading his diaper for days now...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    Fucking best show ever. Started as a canadian tv show. I discovered it one night and then watched all the series that were available. Then Netflix bought the rights.

The show is a perfect fit to be the official show of the Tug Tavern.

Damone, you'll thank me for this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trailer_Park_Boys
    Thank you for what? Something I've seen for years? GTFOH
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    Huh?
    You down voted me for for giving Doogie a compliment. Try to keep up please.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    Huh?
    So? Imagine caring about downvotes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    Hospitals are telling whoever they can that ventilators will run out in about a week and that Western WA is about 2 weeks behind Seattle levels of infection.

That is where the pants shitting is coming from.

Along with the paranoia that a ton of people are walking around that had false negative test results or don't think they have the virus.

I agree with you overall though. The next 2 weeks have been predicted to be the worst for awhile now. We've had a mild winter. Hard to see this propogating into may and the summer.

I'll leave the floor now to someone who is really qualified to discuss all of this: a history major who's been mega loading his diaper for days now...
    Get fucked @haie. You live in a Battle Ground trailer park until you don’t. You free beer swilling loser.

You know who used to talk about donating to HH “in previous years” ? Hondo FS. Good company.
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited March 2020
    So the hospitals are full of CV patients right now in W Washington? You'd think that would be the top headline. Are our hospitals being overrrun?

Simple chart. Deaths reported per day in WA State:

Please discuss.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

So the hospitals are full of CV patients right now in W Washington? You'd think that would be the top headline. Are our hospitals being overrrun?

Simple chart. Deaths reported per day in WA State:

Please discuss.

Yep. By the front pages it doesn’t seem like they are in Italy style crisis mode right now.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    Huh?
    I don’t normally. Notice how few I give out. But I take Trailer Park Boys seriously and Bubble is one of my all time favorite characters.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,765

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    Huh?
    Chill Damone. You're mixing volatile compounds.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    Huh?
    Chill Damone. You're mixing volatile compounds.

• Options
  • Options
    Also, compare Washington to S Korea in this chart. NOTE - NY appears to be fucked. How many of these people in NY dying are of italian heritage?

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,561
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    must be sumpting wrong - I don't see Lebam or Pacific County listed. I was going to run to the store tomorrow but now I am scared
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Also, compare Washington to S Korea in this chart. NOTE - NY appears to be fucked. How many of these people in NY dying are of italian heritage?

Pretty racist metric imo
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,420
    Founders Club

MelloDawg said:

Dugdawg said:

Aren't you the guy who was grudgingly giving him credit for not over reacting? He's still trying to make this as soft a sell as possible. Meanwhile, in trumpville, more denial and downright hallucination.

The delivery was pretty passive, to be fair. Hopefully there is teeth to this. Instead though, as you say in Trumpville, this is akin to the flu and car accidents.

It’s the biggest false equivalency and now he is voicing it. It won’t get better.
    You've always landed on the side of emotion over reason So this is really just mello being mello.

Love you broski!
    Scarves up!!!

(unless Inslee outlaws that too)
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    jecornel said:

He was epically late to the party. Seattle was the Wuhan of America for quite sometime.

Inslee has been dancing on both sides of the line the entire time ... he’s a buffoon

Seattle may have been first but by and large it acted first and has largely mitigated ... when the Hutch shut down everybody took notice ... that’s real leadership

Inslee sounded like the annoyed parent tonight saying don’t make me mad kiddo ... I’m telling you for the last time
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,454
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    MelloDawg said:

Dugdawg said:

Aren't you the guy who was grudgingly giving him credit for not over reacting? He's still trying to make this as soft a sell as possible. Meanwhile, in trumpville, more denial and downright hallucination.

The delivery was pretty passive, to be fair. Hopefully there is teeth to this. Instead though, as you say in Trumpville, this is akin to the flu and car accidents.

It’s the biggest false equivalency and now he is voicing it. It won’t get better.
    Yes, rat leadership was against shutting down travel to and from China. Your leadership and willing media called Trump a racist for doing so yet here you are ignoring that and hating on Trump. You rats are fucking ridiculous with your politics.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,332
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    So 92% of death is happening in people 60 years or older. I'd bet most of the deaths in the 60-69 range are much closer to 70.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,107
    He was going to pull the trigger Friday

Dugdawg said:

Adams 1 0
    Benton 7 2
    Chelan 6 0
    Clallam 4 0
    Clark 13 4
    Columbia 1 0
    Cowlitz 3 0
    Douglas 1 0
    Franklin 3 0
    Grant 23 1
    Grays Harbor 1 0
    Island 25 1
    Jefferson 7 0
    King 1170 87
    Kitsap 18 0
    Kittitas 5 0
    Klickitat 4 0
    Lewis 2 0
    Lincoln 1 0
    Mason 1 0
    Pierce 126 1
    San Juan 1 0
    Skagit 45 1
    Snohomish 519 11
    Spokane 29 0
    Stevens 1 0
    Thurston 11 0
    Walla Walla 1 0
    Whatcom 48 2
    Whitman 2 0
    Yakima 25 0
    Unassigned 117
    Total 2221 110

Negative 31,712 93%
    Positive 2,221 7%

<19 2% 0%
    20-29 9% 0%
    30-39 14% 0%
    40-49 13% 2%
    50-59 17% 5%
    60-69 16% 12%
    70-79 15% 30%
    80+ 14% 50%</p>
    So 92% of death is happening in people 60 years or older. I'd bet most of the deaths in the 60-69 range are much closer to 70.
    This is fucking cray cray. Old people die at roughly a 50 time multiplier as young people. It really takes off at age 65.

Insane, isn't it?

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/mortality/gmwk23r.htm