Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP America, 1776-2013

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    edited December 2013

All the problems in the black community can be directly tied to poverty. Poverty can be tied to the legacy of slavery and everything leading up to the civil rights movement in 1964. That's my argument.

The black community isn't exempt from blame, but the institutional history of the United States is very much responsible.

And to equate what asians or other immigrants have been able to do in the US compared to blacks is silly.

Why? It's relevant and it is you that took the underclass to mean Blacks not me. The underclass ismulti cultural.

You also missed that it is after the civil rights movement that the family began to disintegrate. Generation welfare is more damaging that what happened generations ago.

Jesse Jackson used to have it right - be a victor not a victim. Be somebody. His degeneration into a shakedown artist is truly sad.

Your white pity isn't helping here. Holding people to a standard of behavior does help. Irregardless of the mute point of what fucking color they are
    You want to take the gloves off Race? You want to get down into a pissing match? Let's do it. Let's roll.

The fact of the matter is racism is still alive and well today. It may not be as visible on the west coast as it is in the middle of country or east coast, but it is apparent to me.

In 2013, 50 years after the March on Washington, being a black person in America still sucks. Look at their unequal treatment in the justice system as an example. The lack of opportunity in the job marketplace. Go to any fast food joint, airport, a place where the majority of workers are African American. These jobs aren't easy and they're low paying, so don't argue that blacks lack initiative. They're stuck in this economic quagmire because of a shitty education system and institutionalized racism in the job marketplace.

And to bring any of these problems up; problems that are a direct result of America's ugly racial past is labeled as "White guilt"? Hi @TierbsHsotBoobs!

"The implication is that there is something hypocritical and shameful about pointing out the failings of white America, after having profited from its advantages."

Fuck White guilt. What you all are engaging in is White blame.

50 years after the March on Washington, the avenues for success for Black Americans are still much narrower than us Whites and a failure to acknowledge this perpetuates the problem.

Instead it's a deeper fear that Blacks will enjoy the same fruits that we've enjoyed. Any sort of equality is viewed as compensation.

"What white people fear, at bottom, is retribution. This is why discussion of actual injustice is supposed to be off-limits. Despite the glorious principles spelled out 50 years ago on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, they lack a functioning concept of justice. To admit the harms of the past is to invite payback."

So I'm not going to fall into that trap. I'm not going to feel shame for bringing up these issues. I'm not going to fall for false equivalencies with other races that dishonestly convey the greater problem.

I'm not saying black people are somehow exempt from blame. They're not anymore wholesome than us. They're probably just as shitty as us, if not more.

They do however deserve the same avenues for success that we do, and those aren't there. And to pit the blame on Jesse Jackson or welfare programs is silly.

In closing, fuck white guilt, fuck white blame, fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone.

-Tequilla, with a Foreword by Passion

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

All the problems in the black community can be directly tied to poverty. Poverty can be tied to the legacy of slavery and everything leading up to the civil rights movement in 1964. That's my argument.

The black community isn't exempt from blame, but the institutional history of the United States is very much responsible.

And to equate what asians or other immigrants have been able to do in the US compared to blacks is silly.

Why? It's relevant and it is you that took the underclass to mean Blacks not me. The underclass ismulti cultural.

You also missed that it is after the civil rights movement that the family began to disintegrate. Generation welfare is more damaging that what happened generations ago.

Jesse Jackson used to have it right - be a victor not a victim. Be somebody. His degeneration into a shakedown artist is truly sad.

Your white pity isn't helping here. Holding people to a standard of behavior does help. Irregardless of the mute point of what fucking color they are
    You want to take the gloves off Race? You want to get down into a pissing match? Let's do it. Let's roll.

The fact of the matter is racism is still alive and well today. It may not be as visible on the west coast as it is in the middle of country or east coast, but it is apparent to me.

In 2013, 50 years after the March on Washington, being a black person in America still sucks. Look at their unequal treatment in the justice system as an example. The lack of opportunity in the job marketplace. Go to any fast food joint, airport, a place where the majority of workers are African American. These jobs aren't easy and they're low paying, so don't argue that blacks lack initiative. They're stuck in this economic quagmire because of a shitty education system and institutionalized racism in the job marketplace.

And to bring any of these problems up; problems that are a direct result of America's ugly racial past is labeled as "White guilt"? Hi @TierbsHsotBoobs!

"The implication is that there is something hypocritical and shameful about pointing out the failings of white America, after having profited from its advantages."

50 years after the March on Washington, the avenues for success for Black Americans are still much narrower than us Whites and a failure to acknowledge this perpetuates the problem.

Instead it's a deeper fear that Blacks will enjoy the same fruits that we've enjoyed. Any sort of equality is viewed as compensation.

"What white people fear, at bottom, is retribution. This is why discussion of actual injustice is supposed to be off-limits. Despite the glorious principles spelled out 50 years ago on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, they lack a functioning concept of justice. To admit the harms of the past is to invite payback."

So I'm not going to fall into that trap. I'm not going to feel shame for bringing up these issues. I'm not going to fall for false equivalencies with other races that dishonestly convey the greater problem.

Fuck white guilt, fuck white blame, fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone.

I'm embarrassed for you. You don't get it. At all.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

Great refutation as always.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,006
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited December 2013

What happened to the idea that it is incumbent upon the individual to create their own opportunity? It's always somebody else's fault ...

You act as tho the impoverished (red, yellow, blick) are owed opportunity. You are only owed opportunity to the degree that you go out and create it for yourself. You can't get anything worthwhile by demand.

The real reason the impoverished don't create opportunity is because the "shitty education system" only teaches people how to be the cunt hairs of the 1%. They teach that you are owed something by the man and entitled. The shitty education system has lulled American's into believing they deserve something for nothing.

HillsboroDoog is correct, the great American experiment is dead.

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,002
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2013
    If you want to be successful, you can. Blaming others rather than the individual themselves for their economic shortcomings does not help anyone. Some of the wealthiest people I know today had the toughest upbringing economically of those I grew up with. Of those the households that stress having your shit together and/or education produce really successful kids of all races in the free market (imagine that?).

If you are poor you can choose to work your ass off and get good grades and get into a school. That's not the only way to be successful either. You can be supremely talented at other things or be a great pitchman and make money that way too.

The problem that I see with many poor families (many of whom I try to hire) is that the parents are lazy or play the victim and expect their own kids to support them when they themselves do not work or do so at a minimal level. These kids just do whats comfortable sometimes and stunt their own growth because of it.

Racism does exist. So does sexism. So do a lot of other things that make life unfair. We are get dealt different hands and yet reach different variations of success.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pretty much everything you said is made up bullshit rhetoric certain people use to control others. If you can't see that, then I can't help you.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I'm
    pawz said:

What happened to the idea that it is incumbent upon the individual to create their own opportunity? It's always somebody else's fault ...

You act as tho the impoverished (red, yellow, blick) are owed opportunity. You are only owed opportunity to the degree that you go out and create it for yourself. You can't get anything worthwhile by demand.

The real reason the impoverished don't create opportunity is because the "shitty education system" only teaches people how to be the cunt hairs of the 1%. They teach that you are owed something by the man and entitled. The shitty education system has lulled American's into believing they deserve something for nothing.

You missed the whole fucking point. I never said Black people can't create their own opportunity. They can. There are thousands of examples.

However, the system is setup so much fewer African Americans have a chance to create opportunity. This comes back to institutionalized racism.
  • Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    The harms have been admitted ad nauseum have they not?

What else can be done? Give money? "Even" the playing field? I can read your professor's lecture above 1000 times and still come to the conclusion that nothing will ever be good enough. You can't assuage anger and the past when the people constantly beating it's drum don't want it to end. In not sure why you don't think about that.

Refutations on this subject have always been met with deaf ears and what you fail to consider is that nothing done from here on out will ever be good enough.
  • Options

Pretty much everything you said is made up bullshit rhetoric certain people use to control others. If you can't see that, then I can't help you.
    How the fuck is it controlling others to point out these serious fucking problems?
  • Options
    loadsock said:

The harms have been admitted ad nauseum have they not?

What else can be done? Give money? "Even" the playing field? I can read your professor's lecture above 1000 times and still come to the conclusion that nothing will ever be good enough. You can't assuage anger and the past when the people constantly beating it's drum don't want it to end. In not sure why you don't think about that.

Refutations on this subject have always been met with deaf ears and what you fail to consider is that nothing done from here on out will ever be good enough.

I think all anyone can ask for is an even playing field, which doesn't exist in America today.

The part I bolded strengthens the idea that all Blacks want is "payback" instead of equality.
  • Options

I like you CDoog, but you're off. I went to a h.s. that was 30-35% black and had two black principals and a black a.p. There wasn't much institutionalized racism. I saw a lot of unruly, apathetic kids from fucked up families. I have no idea what the solution is, but the guilty white liberal solution was a total failure...and this is is coming from a center left white guy.

When blickswho study hard and try to better themselves are called uncle toms by their own, there's a major dysfunctional problem within the community.
    Good point.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I'm

pawz said:

You missed the whole fucking point. I never said Black people can't create their own opportunity. They can. There are thousands of examples.

However, the system is setup so much fewer African Americans have a chance to know they can create opportunity. This comes back to institutionalized racism liberalism and entitlement.
    Fixed that for you.
  • Options
    pawz said:

I'm

pawz said:

However, the system is setup so much fewer African Americans have a chance to know they can create opportunity. This comes back to institutionalized racism liberalism and entitlement.
    Fixed that for you.
    So entitlement is now asking for the same opportunities as White Americans?

Fuck off.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Lol and you are a "moderate" right? Christ.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,002
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Holy Shit the same opportunities are there. Nobody is going to ever

pawz said:

I'm

pawz said:

Fixed that for you.

Fuck off.
    sounds like you need to get through all the liberal bull shit that college professors actually believe and teach and get a little life experience.
  • Options

Lol and you are a "moderate" right? Christ.
    One's stance on race isn't deterministic of who they vote for.
  • Options
    Founders Club

pawz said:

I'm

pawz said:

Fixed that for you.

Fuck off.
    If you can't see that every individual wakes up in the morning with the same opportunity to do-something-different-to-get-something-different, then even a mushroom tip to the forehead can't help you.

Please to be not voting and DIAFF ASAFP.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You can clearly tell Collegedoog is in college.