Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

RIP America, 1776-2013

12346»

Comments

• Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1

loadsock said:

The harms have been admitted ad nauseum have they not?

What else can be done? Give money? "Even" the playing field? I can read your professor's lecture above 1000 times and still come to the conclusion that nothing will ever be good enough. You can't assuage anger and the past when the people constantly beating it's drum don't want it to end. In not sure why you don't think about that.

Refutations on this subject have always been met with deaf ears and what you fail to consider is that nothing done from here on out will ever be good enough.

I think all anyone can ask for is an even playing field, which doesn't exist in America today.

The part I bolded strengthens the idea that all Blacks want is "payback" instead of equality.
    When you find a level playing field anywhere, get back to me. Walking out of the double wide I grew up in at the age of 17 was only the beginning of me finding out from others that my home roots were frowned upon. At that time, the only chance I had was getting an education. I felt it was my only feasible option for having a semblance of a decent life outside of the reservation I grew up on.

If there's one conclusion I've came to, it's that no field is ever level and never will be. The successful black person is frowned upon by the part of black society that is most stereotyped. Only when this trend is reversed within their own culture
    and success is preached and practiced versus what now predominates is when you will see Blacks make true progress.

Leveling the proverbial playing field, in my studies and observations, has never equated to success. I wouldn't respect the trip up the mountain unless I actually climbed it myself.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

*sigh*

Setting aside the cost of your education that we assume your parents are paying, what did you do as an individual to end up at Muddleberry? You stayed in school, you studied and got good grades, you didn't get pregnant , and you got up every day and did what you had to do. Color has nothing to do with that. Our son did the same thing, didnt go to college but got up everyday to go to work.

He's successful. You will be too. You're white he's black.

We didn't give him an excuse and your parents didn't give you an excuse.

I'm hearing a Black man can get elected President twice in this racist country.

Is there racism? Sure, but try it in housing or employment and you're going to pay.

So you set a standard and expect someone to live up to it. The past is irrelevant and the present is what you make of it.

Who cares if someone calls you a name?

You can be a victim and blame others and end up a loser as a rich white kid. Im sure you know some.

Opportunity is as equal as it is going to be. The outcome is up to the individual

Swoooon
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Dear god this thread went puppylove_sugarsteel fucking stupid;

The obamacare ad is faggoty (75k) and that douchebag looks like a pussy #hipster#edgey
    I miss TUFF liburls DAMNIT, like loggers and steel mill workers (Hi Race's parents!)
    opportunity looks a lot like hard fucking work
    Its not just most of my generation that doesnt understand economics its most of every generation

I like to be a young middle or upper class white kid in college that lacks any real world experience that hasn't ever been discriminated against or experienced actual racism for himself and talk about institutional racism against blacks like I am an expert, that is what I like to do.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Houhusky said:

I like to be a young middle or upper class white kid in college that lacks any real world experience that hasn't ever been discriminated against or experienced actual racism for himself and talk about institutional racism against blacks like I am an expert, that is what I like to do.

It's cool to be liberal in college these days. It's so cool to talk about how things like discrimination, starvation, global warming and how terrible they are yet not do a single thing about it but beat your chest feeling good about yourself because you are a "moral" person.

I remember my days in college when I thought I knew everything too.
  • Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited December 2013
    This isn't meant to be rude or to be an asshole, but if you really want to level a playing field, then identify any black individual who you know to be discriminated against or suffering due to the classroom professor invented term known as institutionalized racism.

Offer this person your parents' fruits of their labor to pay for his tuition and living expenses while he attends this private east coast university I presume you're currently at. In turn, you fill out all the paperwork so you can file for aid to pay for the 50k a year it sounds like it costs to attend and live there.

Run this hypothetical scenario by them and when they laugh, ask them why with a straight face unless you already know what they'd say.

With 6 figures myself in school loans, all I can say is that if someone else is paying for your education, you will never even develop the hindsight to appreciate what you have. You will leave school with zero debt. I left with 6 figures of debt.

Consistent with the theme of your beliefs in this thread, my lot in life should have been made equal to your own so that I should have someone else pay for my expensive education. Reality is that you should thank your parents for the opportunities that mine were never able to provide me with. They just told me to get an education; they didn't provide any of the blueprints that I had to figure out myself.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

CollegeDoog, you are obviously a very smart guy, but it's more fun to do drugs, go to music festivals, and fuck chicks than argue with old men over racial equality on a Husky Football board. You got your whole life to be old and argue over politics. I'm disappointed for you.

You can do both. Abundance.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

*sigh*

Setting aside the cost of your education that we assume your parents are paying, what did you do as an individual to end up at Muddleberry? You stayed in school, you studied and got good grades, you didn't get pregnant , and you got up every day and did what you had to do. Color has nothing to do with that. Our son did the same thing, didnt go to college but got up everyday to go to work.

He's successful. You will be too. You're white he's black.

We didn't give him an excuse and your parents didn't give you an excuse.

I'm hearing a Black man can get elected President twice in this racist country.

Is there racism? Sure, but try it in housing or employment and you're going to pay.

So you set a standard and expect someone to live up to it. The past is irrelevant and the present is what you make of it.

Who cares if someone calls you a name?

You can be a victim and blame others and end up a loser as a rich white kid. Im sure you know some.

Opportunity is as equal as it is going to be. The outcome is up to the individual

I'm going to need to see a championship from young Race
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

All the problems in the black community can be directly tied to poverty. Poverty can be tied to the legacy of slavery and everything leading up to the civil rights movement in 1964. That's my argument.

The black community isn't exempt from blame, but the institutional history of the United States is very much responsible.

And to equate what asians or other immigrants have been able to do in the US compared to blacks is silly.

Why? It's relevant and it is you that took the underclass to mean Blacks not me. The underclass ismulti cultural.

You also missed that it is after the civil rights movement that the family began to disintegrate. Generation welfare is more damaging that what happened generations ago.

Jesse Jackson used to have it right - be a victor not a victim. Be somebody. His degeneration into a shakedown artist is truly sad.

Your white pity isn't helping here. Holding people to a standard of behavior does help. Irregardless of the mute point of what fucking color they are
    You want to take the gloves off Race? You want to get down into a pissing match? Let's do it. Let's roll.

The fact of the matter is racism is still alive and well today. It may not be as visible on the west coast as it is in the middle of country or east coast, but it is apparent to me.

In 2013, 50 years after the March on Washington, being a black person in America still sucks. Look at their unequal treatment in the justice system as an example. The lack of opportunity in the job marketplace. Go to any fast food joint, airport, a place where the majority of workers are African American. These jobs aren't easy and they're low paying, so don't argue that blacks lack initiative. They're stuck in this economic quagmire because of a shitty education system and institutionalized racism in the job marketplace.

And to bring any of these problems up; problems that are a direct result of America's ugly racial past is labeled as "White guilt"? Hi @TierbsHsotBoobs!

"The implication is that there is something hypocritical and shameful about pointing out the failings of white America, after having profited from its advantages."

Fuck White guilt. What you all are engaging in is White blame.

50 years after the March on Washington, the avenues for success for Black Americans are still much narrower than us Whites and a failure to acknowledge this perpetuates the problem.

Instead it's a deeper fear that Blacks will enjoy the same fruits that we've enjoyed. Any sort of equality is viewed as compensation.

"What white people fear, at bottom, is retribution. This is why discussion of actual injustice is supposed to be off-limits. Despite the glorious principles spelled out 50 years ago on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, they lack a functioning concept of justice. To admit the harms of the past is to invite payback."

So I'm not going to fall into that trap. I'm not going to feel shame for bringing up these issues. I'm not going to fall for false equivalencies with other races that dishonestly convey the greater problem.

Fuck white guilt, fuck white blame, fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone.

-Tequilla, with a Foreword by Passion

I'm embarrassed for you. You don't get it. At all.

All the problems in the black community can be directly tied to poverty. Poverty can be tied to the legacy of slavery and everything leading up to the civil rights movement in 1964. That's my argument.

The black community isn't exempt from blame, but the institutional history of the United States is very much responsible.

And to equate what asians or other immigrants have been able to do in the US compared to blacks is silly.

Why? It's relevant and it is you that took the underclass to mean Blacks not me. The underclass ismulti cultural.

You also missed that it is after the civil rights movement that the family began to disintegrate. Generation welfare is more damaging that what happened generations ago.

Jesse Jackson used to have it right - be a victor not a victim. Be somebody. His degeneration into a shakedown artist is truly sad.

Your white pity isn't helping here. Holding people to a standard of behavior does help. Irregardless of the mute point of what fucking color they are
    You want to take the gloves off Race? You want to get down into a pissing match? Let's do it. Let's roll.

The fact of the matter is racism is still alive and well today. It may not be as visible on the west coast as it is in the middle of country or east coast, but it is apparent to me.

In 2013, 50 years after the March on Washington, being a black person in America still sucks. Look at their unequal treatment in the justice system as an example. The lack of opportunity in the job marketplace. Go to any fast food joint, airport, a place where the majority of workers are African American. These jobs aren't easy and they're low paying, so don't argue that blacks lack initiative. They're stuck in this economic quagmire because of a shitty education system and institutionalized racism in the job marketplace.

And to bring any of these problems up; problems that are a direct result of America's ugly racial past is labeled as "White guilt"? Hi @TierbsHsotBoobs!

"The implication is that there is something hypocritical and shameful about pointing out the failings of white America, after having profited from its advantages."

Fuck White guilt. What you all are engaging in is White blame.

50 years after the March on Washington, the avenues for success for Black Americans are still much narrower than us Whites and a failure to acknowledge this perpetuates the problem.

Instead it's a deeper fear that Blacks will enjoy the same fruits that we've enjoyed. Any sort of equality is viewed as compensation.

"What white people fear, at bottom, is retribution. This is why discussion of actual injustice is supposed to be off-limits. Despite the glorious principles spelled out 50 years ago on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial, they lack a functioning concept of justice. To admit the harms of the past is to invite payback."

So I'm not going to fall into that trap. I'm not going to feel shame for bringing up these issues. I'm not going to fall for false equivalencies with other races that dishonestly convey the greater problem.

Fuck white guilt, fuck white blame, fuck you, fuck me, fuck everyone.

-Tequilla, with a Foreword by Passion

I'm embarrassed for you. You don't get it. At all.
    Great refutation as always.
    Pretty much everything you said is made up bullshit rhetoric certain people use to control others. If you can't see that, then I can't help you.
    How the fuck is it controlling others to point out these serious fucking problems?
    You weren't pointing out problems.

HTH
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Lol and you are a "moderate" right? Christ.
    One's stance on race isn't deterministic of who they vote for.
    That's not what I'm hearing.
  • Options
    CollegeDoog has reached PassionFS territory in this thread.