Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mitt is your classic GOP

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2020

Mitt's been in the game too long. These times called for an outside perspective and that's Trump. He just gave a speech saying about the Russian Investigation, "It was all Bullshit." Romney would never speak so appropriately and fitting as that.

Turns out the US needed a brawler from Queens, whether anyone likes it or not. An outsider's outsider. Not the old "independent thinker" bullshit Slade Gorton and John McCain trotted out in election after election.

I don't entirely disagree. My temperament and age and appetite for risk draw me towards people like Romney more often than they draw me toward people like Trump. I think he's been effective in large measure; but I prefer guys like Romney to run my company. Big swinging dicks with big swinging change is gratifying, but it often comes at greater risk. I think Trump worked, but it could have been an unmitigated disaster, and in the early stages of his office it appeared that it would be. When he couldn't keep Tillerson in the cabinet, I thought, fuck, this is going to be bad. Fortunately, it hasn't turned out that way.
    As soon as Trump got elected, my wife and many friends were freaking the fuck out. Apparently they'd forgotten about that "3 co-equal branches of government" thingy we have in the U.S.

I predicted at that time that 1) He would lose most radical proposals in court, and 2) His entire cabinet would turn over within the first 6 months.

How close was I to reality?
    Pretty close. Nice on the cabinet prediction. I would not have called that, assuming that it's not hard to keep people you hand pick. Apparently it's more complicated than that. I'd say a lot of it was due to the (somewhat predictable) fact that he was new to government and fumbled around a bit in terms of managing his own house. DC is not Manhattan. It's a whole other beast.
    Nor is DC The Apprentice. I never watched the show, but way too many people did, and that's why we deserve to have a Reality TV star as President.

Trump couldn't be more culturally relevant and media savvy if he tried. The same idiots who revile and fear him watched his fucking show that made him relevant, recognizable, rich and electable.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

SFGbob said:

He has fought way harder against Trump than he ever did running against Obama

I still like Romney. He may not appeal to today's conservative, but he's exactly my kind of politician. Sure, his time in Mass. has probably liberal'd him up a bit, but he's no liberal. Bongingo is overreacting IMO.
    Romney is whatever Romney needs to be in order to help Romney. There's no core or convictions with him other than what helps Mitt.
    What's Mitt's play here then? The majority of Utahns don't support impeachment, so what's the rub?
    Don't ever underestimate the self delusion of politicians. Every 4 years a bunch of them think they can be president even though no one else does

Mitt is counting on a Trump loss this year or a big backlash after 4 more years to propel him to front runner status for 2024

He has the name recognition which worked great for Jeb and Biden. Or not

I think that is the play though
    Let's keep in hunret about what a Mitt Presidency in 2016 would have looked like...

1) Cutting taxes and regs? Check
    2) Getting tough on China? Check
    3) No more neocon nation building? Check
    4? Conservative Judges? Check

The reason you guys love Trump and hate Mitt is because winners win and loser lose. And because Trump trolls libs like a boss and Mitt tries to be classy. That's it. It has nothing to do the laws Mitt would have signed or exec orders.
    Right on 1 & 4. Dead wrong on 2 & 3.
    I walked back and forth on Yella's list, even as a fellow Romney groupie. I thought yeah on judges, but now I think he'd probably appoint a Roberts-type. I think the one I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have accomplished is #2. I can't see Mitt really going after China and not knowing whether or not it would tube the economy. It's a battle you get into for the long haul, knowing it might get messy along the way. He's too steeped in the business world to say, "Ah fuck it. We have to start sometime. It's going to suck but it's the best thing for the long run."
    Romney's part of the establishment with money in China. No way he goes after them in any way shape or form.
    I assume that to be the case. But even if it weren't, I just think taking on China seemed very risky around this time 3 years ago. I don't see Romney as a guy who would swing for the fence on the economy at the risk of fucking things up badly.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,023
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Yeah. They don't call him mittens for nothing. Wouldn't fight for the American working man getting sh*t on by the chicoms and their American crony capitalists and he wouldn't fight to be President.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We got a failed community organizer for President. We deserved that too. Maybe it was time to elect an American loving dude who actually cares about the American working man.

I'd be happy with just "an American loving dude." They seem to be in short supply on the "Goddamn America" Left.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I bet he wouldn't say it to his FACE!!!!!!!

Don Jr. and his brother are walking and breathing reminders that genes are often not distributed fairly among siblings. Ivanka and the Maples sister got the good stuff - looks and smarts. His boys are fucking goofs, and Jr. now relishes in the role of muscle for Pappa because (1) it's all he really has to give and (2) he wants Pappa to love him when this is all over. There is a treasure trove of stories that suggest Don Sr. hasn't always been a big fan of Jr., including the infamous slapping incident at Penn.

IRDGAF, so whatever, but Mitt Romney takes shits that are more accomplished than the Trump prodigal son.

And I'm betting Mitt would kick his ass in a street fight.
    I know for a fact @creepycoug Don Jr is a total puss based on his concept 2 erg score at Penn.
    My daughter could teach that soft little POS a thing or two about tuff rowing.
    Your daughter probably dreams of munching Hillary's snatch
    That’s out of line.

Agreed. Why Hillary.

Now, Hillary Swank, on the other hand...possibly within bounds.
    I think any time we lose our shit because but Romney! it's time for the proverbial walk on the beach.

But, yeah. If my daughter were to be of the persuasion, Swank > Clinton.
    who brought their daughter into the fucking debate?
  • Options

Don Jr. and his brother are walking and breathing reminders that genes are often not distributed fairly among siblings. Ivanka and the Maples sister got the good stuff - looks and smarts. His boys are fucking goofs, and Jr. now relishes in the role of muscle for Pappa because (1) it's all he really has to give and (2) he wants Pappa to love him when this is all over. There is a treasure trove of stories that suggest Don Sr. hasn't always been a big fan of Jr., including the infamous slapping incident at Penn.

IRDGAF, so whatever, but Mitt Romney takes shits that are more accomplished than the Trump prodigal son.

I know for a fact @creepycoug Don Jr is a total puss based on his concept 2 erg score at Penn.
    That’s out of line.

Agreed. Why Hillary.

I think any time we lose our shit because but Romney! it's time for the proverbial walk on the beach.

You.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

He has fought way harder against Trump than he ever did running against Obama

I still like Romney. He may not appeal to today's conservative, but he's exactly my kind of politician. Sure, his time in Mass. has probably liberal'd him up a bit, but he's no liberal. Bongingo is overreacting IMO.
    Romney is whatever Romney needs to be in order to help Romney. There's no core or convictions with him other than what helps Mitt.
    What's Mitt's play here then? The majority of Utahns don't support impeachment, so what's the rub?
    Don't ever underestimate the self delusion of politicians. Every 4 years a bunch of them think they can be president even though no one else does

Mitt is counting on a Trump loss this year or a big backlash after 4 more years to propel him to front runner status for 2024

He has the name recognition which worked great for Jeb and Biden. Or not

I think that is the play though
    Let's keep in hunret about what a Mitt Presidency in 2016 would have looked like...

1) Cutting taxes and regs? Check
    2) Getting tough on China? Check
    3) No more neocon nation building? Check
    4? Conservative Judges? Check

The reason you guys love Trump and hate Mitt is because winners win and loser lose. And because Trump trolls libs like a boss and Mitt tries to be classy. That's it. It has nothing to do the laws Mitt would have signed or exec orders.
    Right on 1 & 4. Dead wrong on 2 & 3.
    I walked back and forth on Yella's list, even as a fellow Romney groupie. I thought yeah on judges, but now I think he'd probably appoint a Roberts-type. I think the one I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have accomplished is #2. I can't see Mitt really going after China and not knowing whether or not it would tube the economy. It's a battle you get into for the long haul, knowing it might get messy along the way. He's too steeped in the business world to say, "Ah fuck it. We have to start sometime. It's going to suck but it's the best thing for the long run."
    Romney's part of the establishment with money in China. No way he goes after them in any way shape or form.
    I assume that to be the case. But even if it weren't, I just think taking on China seemed very risky around this time 3 years ago. I don't see Romney as a guy who would swing for the fence on the economy at the risk of fucking things up badly.
    It's big dick run the ball on 4th down in OT kind of move. Romney is classic risk adverse, he take the field goal every time.

I don't hate him but this vote is 100% hedging which is counter to what negotiating with the CCP needed.
    Yep; agreed.
  • Options
    Founders Club

That’s out of line.

Agreed. Why Hillary.

You.
    wrong
  • Options
    Founders Club

That’s out of line.

Agreed. Why Hillary.

You.
    wrong
    Nope. Incorrect or lying, or both.

I hardly brought my daughter into a "debate" about anything. I said she could show Jr. a thing or two about rowboat, which is verifiably true, and which obviously hurt your snatch and thus proved to be the catalyst for a sub-thread throw-down on hating Mitt Romney, or protecting Jr., or whatever crawled up your ass.

But not to worry; I wasn't shaking and about to vomit. I write over-the-top shit too, and IDRGAF. You wanted to throw a big punch because of whatever, about which I also DRGAF. Go ahead and lose your shit.
    You're right and I apologize for making such a gross comment about your daughter.
  • Options

That’s out of line.

Agreed. Why Hillary.

You.
    wrong
    Nope. Incorrect or lying, or both.

I hardly brought my daughter into a "debate" about anything. I said she could show Jr. a thing or two about rowboat, which is verifiably true, and which obviously hurt your snatch and thus proved to be the catalyst for a sub-thread throw-down on hating Mitt Romney, or protecting Jr., or whatever crawled up your ass.

But not to worry; I wasn't shaking and about to vomit. I write over-the-top shit too, and IDRGAF. You wanted to throw a big punch because of whatever, about which I also DRGAF. Go ahead and lose your shit.
    You're right and I apologize for making such a gross comment about your daughter.
    No worries.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Is mine better?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Don Jr. and his brother are walking and breathing reminders that genes are often not distributed fairly among siblings. Ivanka and the Maples sister got the good stuff - looks and smarts. His boys are fucking goofs, and Jr. now relishes the role of muscle for Pappa because (1) it's all he really has to give and (2) he wants Pappa to love him when this is all over. There is a treasure trove of stories that suggest Don Sr. hasn't always been a big fan of Jr., including the infamous slapping incident at Penn.

I'll take Trump and give you the points

Candy Crowley kicked his ass
    So did Obama
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I plan on marrying the daughter of a little Cuban man.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I plan on marrying the daughter of a little Cuban man.

I dated the daughter of a little Cuban man once.
    Did u break her