Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mitt is your classic GOP

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,952
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

He has fought way harder against Trump than he ever did running against Obama

I still like Romney. He may not appeal to today's conservative, but he's exactly my kind of politician. Sure, his time in Mass. has probably liberal'd him up a bit, but he's no liberal. Bongingo is overreacting IMO.
    Nothing's changed with me. I'd still take Mitt over Trump.
    You must like losing or democrats because that pussy would give in every time
    Nah. Yella got some good 2000 Winter Olympics handies and maybe some armpit sex out of the deal. Can't blame him for voting his brb, jo memories.

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    89ute said:
    I will personally donate to any conservative who runs against Mittens in 4 years. There's a bill being considered in the Utah state legislature right now which would pave the way for Mittens to be recalled. I hope your fellow residents in Utah make him pay sooner rather than later. The guy's a fraud.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2020
    Sledog said:

This is all about being snubbed for sec state by Trump. Petty.

Yes, he hates Trump and is a spiteful son of a bitch. He thinks he should be President not Trump. In reality he has just himself to blame. He was too cowardly and feckless when it mattered.

He thinks he still matters. His political career is over. It only remains to be seen whether they turn him down through his re-election try or whether Utahans toss him out.

• Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,300
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

SFGbob said:

I still like Romney. He may not appeal to today's conservative, but he's exactly my kind of politician. Sure, his time in Mass. has probably liberal'd him up a bit, but he's no liberal. Bongingo is overreacting IMO.
    Romney is whatever Romney needs to be in order to help Romney. There's no core or convictions with him other than what helps Mitt.
    What's Mitt's play here then? The majority of Utahns don't support impeachment, so what's the rub?
    Don't ever underestimate the self delusion of politicians. Every 4 years a bunch of them think they can be president even though no one else does

Mitt is counting on a Trump loss this year or a big backlash after 4 more years to propel him to front runner status for 2024

He has the name recognition which worked great for Jeb and Biden. Or not

I think that is the play though
    So he wants to equal Hillary's 2 time loser status? "Don't ever underestimate the self delusion of politicians". He'll learn the hard way.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,046
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Romney is whatever Romney needs to be in order to help Romney. There's no core or convictions with him other than what helps Mitt.
    What's Mitt's play here then? The majority of Utahns don't support impeachment, so what's the rub?
    Don't ever underestimate the self delusion of politicians. Every 4 years a bunch of them think they can be president even though no one else does

Mitt is counting on a Trump loss this year or a big backlash after 4 more years to propel him to front runner status for 2024

He has the name recognition which worked great for Jeb and Biden. Or not

I think that is the play though
    Let's keep in hunret about what a Mitt Presidency in 2016 would have looked like...

1) Cutting taxes and regs? Check
    2) Getting tough on China? Check
    3) No more neocon nation building? Check
    4? Conservative Judges? Check

The reason you guys love Trump and hate Mitt is because winners win and loser lose. And because Trump trolls libs like a boss and Mitt tries to be classy. That's it. It has nothing to do the laws Mitt would have signed or exec orders.
    I dont believe Mitt would have done any of that. He's weak and he wants the media to like him

Trump had to fight the establishment for all of that. Mitt wouldn't have. That's why he's a loser. And a pussy

He would appoint judges like Roberts. Like a Bush
    I don't know. I still think he would have governed from the right.

And I don't think it can be discounted how much people love Trump because he WON and the catharsis that comes from sticking it to the left.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2020

If the left wouldn't have portrayed Mitt as the next Hitler running against the noble black man Mitt would have won. Had Romney won, there would be no Trump.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

You must like losing or democrats because that pussy would give in every time
    I think Romney's dalliances with the left is a subtle bundle of factors. First, Romney comes from a background of people who literally don't use profanity. Trump's a little rough around the edges for that crowd, and Romney is never going to be the lightning rod Trump almost seems to love to be.

The other thing is that Romney isn't really a natural for Trump's base. Of that base, the sub-group we call Evangelical Christians are not good bedfellows for the Mormons, who they (and a lot of other people) see as weird and culty. Outside of that, he's not blue collar and he's not a southerner, so if he's racist he's going to hide it. He has none of that "tells it like it is" appeal, because that's not who he is. He's a different human being altogether, and probably let's things you and others here don't care about matter to him. Like appearances, decorum and all that shit that's so easy to make fun of.

Romney is not, I agree, a 'say anything', bottom line guy in the mold of Rush Limbaugh and Trump, and there's no question that living in Mass. has made him more of a New Englander than a Utah Mormom. And those people are, as I've learned over the last 5 years, a breed a part. My old boss told me that upstate NW was very different than New England, at which point I looked at a map and said, "yeah right". He was right. It is.

All that said, Mitt still holds conservative values, has brains, has credibility and great fucking hair.
    His hair is amazing. I stood behind him in the lodge at Deer Valley Resort (he has a home there) back in Dec 2008. All I could think was how great his hair was.

Even though I am pour I grew skiing at the most affluent resort on N. America not named Yellowstone Club.

I still don't believe you.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,728
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So in 2016 Mitt comes in late and tries to throw the election to Hillary. Attacks Trump every step of the way yet we're to believe he would govern like Trump

So its personal and he's putting his feelings above country and party

Not buying it. Mitt is who we thought he was. He'd never take the heat for a judge

He's establishment. Bush Clinton

I like Trump because he delivered

You guys want an actor. More than you want policy. Like the National Review
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    “And I don't think it can be discounted how much people love Trump because he WON and the catharsis that comes from sticking it to the left.“-Yellow Snow

You don’t know much about Republicans let alone their Base. This is one of the Achilles heels of the left. They are ignorant of their opponents and ascribe motives to them that aren’t correct.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Maybe rather than making statements that you just dream up you might start asking Conservatives on here why they like Trump. I know it’s not as fun as just congering up a narrative but it might be an opportunity to edify yourself.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And we don't deal in hypotheticals

Fighting the left is a contract sport. Trump did win. Mitt did lose
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Since Trump hadn’t WON yet I wonder how he won the nomination if winning was the main reason for Republican support........hmmmmmmm. 🤔
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 14,023
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2020
    Romney has the nickname "mittens" for a reason. He is a moral pussy. When Candy Crowley went off the rails during the debate with barry, mittens curled up in a corner like a beaten puppy (love mixed similes). Trump would have torn her a new dick. Romney voted against new witnesses and said the House case was deficient. Then with no new evidence, in mitt's weak mind it was sufficient. Did W push through business tax reform when he was Prez? No. Did he try to secure the border? No. Did he get us bogged down in the ME? Phu*ck yes. Did he nominate conservative judges? No. Did he get tough on the chicoms? No.

And mittens is even worse that Bush. Bush was at least consistent about abortion - though he didn't try very hard. Mittens, Mr. Profiles in Moral Consciousness?

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2020
    I bet he wouldn't say it to his FACE!!!!!!!

Don Jr. and his brother are walking and breathing reminders that genes are often not distributed fairly among siblings. Ivanka and the Maples sister got the good stuff - looks and smarts. His boys are fucking goofs, and Jr. now relishes the role of muscle for Pappa because (1) it's all he really has to give and (2) he wants Pappa to love him when this is all over. There is a treasure trove of stories that suggest Don Sr. hasn't always been a big fan of Jr., including the infamous slapping incident at Penn.

IRDGAF, so whatever, but Mitt Romney takes shits that are more accomplished than the Trump prodigal son.

And I'm betting Mitt would kick his ass in a street fight.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,491
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

OKG
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Don Jr. and his brother are walking and breathing reminders that genes are often not distributed fairly among siblings. Ivanka and the Maples sister got the good stuff - looks and smarts. His boys are fucking goofs, and Jr. now relishes in the role of muscle for Pappa because (1) it's all he really has to give and (2) he wants Pappa to love him when this is all over. There is a treasure trove of stories that suggest Don Sr. hasn't always been a big fan of Jr., including the infamous slapping incident at Penn.

IRDGAF, so whatever, but Mitt Romney takes shits that are more accomplished than the Trump prodigal son.

I know for a fact @creepycoug Don Jr is a total puss based on his concept 2 erg score at Penn.
    My daughter could teach that soft little POS a thing or two about tuff rowing.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Don Jr. and his brother are walking and breathing reminders that genes are often not distributed fairly among siblings. Ivanka and the Maples sister got the good stuff - looks and smarts. His boys are fucking goofs, and Jr. now relishes the role of muscle for Pappa because (1) it's all he really has to give and (2) he wants Pappa to love him when this is all over. There is a treasure trove of stories that suggest Don Sr. hasn't always been a big fan of Jr., including the infamous slapping incident at Penn.

I'll take Trump and give you the points

Candy Crowley kicked his ass