Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Favorite Scotch Whisky Region/Style?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Speyside

If I like my ICE can I fucking keep it?

¿@ElianPerro, verdad?
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Highlands

I had an outstanding 15 year scotch with my rich buddy last weekend, for life of me I can't remember which it was.

What did the bottle look like?
    Delicious.

I think maybe it was Dalwhinnie.
    My favorite.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    Speyside

I don’t think anybody could actually enjoy drinking scotch. Enjoy the feeling, etc, but it tastes like shit. Nobody can tell me it actually tastes good and they enjoy it.

Some people have similar feelings about gin.

Agree to disagree Roadie. There’s some really good Scotch out there....but if it’s not your scene there’s nothing wrong with that.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Highlands

I don’t think anybody could actually enjoy drinking scotch. Enjoy the feeling, etc, but it tastes like shit. Nobody can tell me it actually tastes good and they enjoy it.

These types of comments (not from you particularly) amuse me ...

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Highlands

Agree to disagree Roadie. There’s some really good Scotch out there....but if it’s not your scene there’s nothing wrong with that.
    1000%

What’s your scene may not be mine and vice versa ... embrace others doing them as much as you embrace you doing you
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

lol'd for real. I get it.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter
    Speyside

Why drink gin when turpentine is cheaper?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,275
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Islay

Warm gin is gross. Chilled with a little vermouth is delicious.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Highlands

Who drinks warm gin???
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fuck Scotch

Who drinks warm gin???
    Limey and Portuguese fags.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,670
    Blended

Who drinks warm gin???
    And J?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fuck Scotch

Who drinks warm gin???
    And J?
    We must never judge.

• Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Highlands

I was thinking of @puppylove_sugarsteel on Sat night sipping on some Laphroaig 10 yr. No there wasn't any Copenhagen in my lower lip and it wasn't 18 yr, but still...

Medicinal and peaty, like sniffing Listerine while sucking on a Kingsford match light briquette. Gave up on that swill after half a bottle and passed it along to buddy who likes that Islay piss. MaCallan 12 and 18 are much nicer.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,246
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Highlands

I will add, drinking Lowland scotch is like drinking piss.

Never drink scotch on the rocks or with an ice ball. It shows you're a novice, and likely a gigantic wuss. If the scotch is too strong, just give it literally a single drop or two of water. It changes the entire makeup of your pour.

Many master distillers add just a bit of water to open the whiskey up, even at lower proofs. It's a real thing, and it does make a difference.
  • Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,116
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Speyside

If you don't like alcohol it's because you've diluted it.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Islay

I was thinking of @puppylove_sugarsteel on Sat night sipping on some Laphroaig 10 yr. No there wasn't any Copenhagen in my lower lip and it wasn't 18 yr, but still...

Medicinal and peaty, like sniffing Listerine while sucking on a Kingsford match light briquette. Gave up on that swill after half a bottle and passed it along to buddy who likes that Islay piss. MaCallan 12 and 18 are much nicer.
    I know @Southerndawg you a smarterer than me at chemistry and other STEM stuff. But as I’m sipping some Laphroaig right now, I think you are a ruh-tard.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Islay

I will add, drinking Lowland scotch is like drinking piss.

Never drink scotch on the rocks or with an ice ball. It shows you're a novice, and likely a gigantic wuss. If the scotch is too strong, just give it literally a single drop or two of water. It changes the entire makeup of your pour.

Many master distillers add just a bit of water to open the whiskey up, even at lower proofs. It's a real thing, and it does make a difference.
    I do this for sure on the high test bourbon. It makes a huge difference. Need to try again with single malt.