Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This time though it's different

Comments

• Options
    AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was told Trump would crater the economy so I have all my cash sitting in my mattress
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Alexis said:

I was told Trump would crater the economy so I have all my cash sitting in my mattress

That's where I put all of my tax cut money.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,840
    USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

89ute said:

HHusky said:

It hasn’t even killed as many people worldwide as the flu does in America any given year. Take a Midol pansy.

Be patient, Madam. It just got started and we don't even know its mortality rate is yet.
    call me when it gets over 80k in the US. That appears to be the recent record high over the last 40 years, set in 2018.

In recent years, flu-related deaths have ranged from about 12,000 to — in the worst year — 56,000, according to the CDC.

https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/cdc-us-flu-deaths-winter/
    If Covid19 proves to be a tiny event, you gals will mock the public health response that made it a tiny event. Sort of like mocking the fire department for turning on the sirens and putting out a fire.

I’m quite relaxed. It’s Wall Street that seems unsettled. Good buying opportunity. I took some cash off the sidelines yesterday. I may do more of that today. We’ll see how it goes.
    I converted some stocks to mutual funds, as I’ve been doing the last few years, and now have some cash on the sidelines (open to any insider trading tips). That said, WTF would you have cash sitting on the sidelines during this economy?

There's a great future in plastics.

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,134
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

89ute said:

HHusky said:

It hasn’t even killed as many people worldwide as the flu does in America any given year. Take a Midol pansy.

Be patient, Madam. It just got started and we don't even know its mortality rate is yet.
    call me when it gets over 80k in the US. That appears to be the recent record high over the last 40 years, set in 2018.

In recent years, flu-related deaths have ranged from about 12,000 to — in the worst year — 56,000, according to the CDC.

If Covid19 proves to be a tiny event, you gals will mock the public health response that made it a tiny event. Sort of like mocking the fire department for turning on the sirens and putting out a fire.

I’m quite relaxed. It’s Wall Street that seems unsettled. Good buying opportunity. I took some cash off the sidelines yesterday. I may do more of that today. We’ll see how it goes.
    I converted some stocks to mutual funds, as I’ve been doing the last few years, and now have some cash on the sidelines (open to any insider trading tips). That said, WTF would you have cash sitting on the sidelines during this economy?
    Today as well, possibly.
    Yep! Done!
    Not me. Still waiting for the stock tips.
    You're buying mutual funds, remember?

Me too.

Are you waiting for prices to go back up before you buy?
  • Options

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

89ute said:

HHusky said:

Now Mel Brooks, there's a guy who really outkicked his coverage.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

89ute said:

HHusky said:

Now Mel Brooks, there's a guy who really outkicked his coverage.

• Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

89ute said:

HHusky said:

Today as well, possibly.
    Yep! Done!

Me too.

Mostly mutual funds. I still like to buy the occasional stock that I think has potential. I’ve been looking at JD which is a Chinese Amazon equivalent. It gets mixed reviews from Morningstar but is still a 3 star.
  • Options
    USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

89ute said:

HHusky said:

Today as well, possibly.
    Yep! Done!

Me too.

Mostly mutual funds. I still like to buy the occasional stock that I think has potential. I’ve been looking at JD which is a Chinese Amazon equivalent. It gets mixed reviews from Morningstar but is still a 3 star.
    JD is one of my few individual stock holdings. A very small holding. I don’t put a lot into individual stocks.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

89ute said:

HHusky said:

Today as well, possibly.
    Yep! Done!

Me too.

JD is one of my few individual stock holdings. A very small holding. I don’t put a lot into individual stocks.
    So you're a Rape Apologist, too. The hits just keep on coming.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Wall Street is always unsettled about something. Biggest bunch of pussies on the planet

One can imagine the reaction to Bernie

The market will dump 10% if Bernie simply wins the nomination. But it will be Trumps fault.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Wall Street is always unsettled about something. Biggest bunch of pussies on the planet

One can imagine the reaction to Bernie

The market will dump 10% if Bernie simply wins the nomination. But it will be Trumps fault.
    But it will jump 20% when Trump gets re-elected. I’m sure that won’t be because of Trump though.
  • Options

HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

USMChawk said:

HHusky said:

89ute said:

HHusky said:

Today as well, possibly.
    Yep! Done!

Me too.

So you're a Rape Apologist, too. The hits just keep on coming.
    Have you always been so totally not weird at all?
  • Options

Good times. Good times.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,481
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2020
    HHusky said:

Good times. Good times.
    One sec, eating an edible gummy while taking a double shot of some Dos Coronas Tequila and then updating my time log for work before going to play video games for the rest of the evening.

You were in the middle of bumping something or making some kind of point?
  • Options
    haie said:

HHusky said:

Good times. Good times.
    One sec, eating an edible gummy while taking a double shot of some Dos Coronas Tequila and then updating my time log for work before going to play video games for the rest of the evening.

Just thinking about liberty.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,585
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

3.07%...the world is going to end!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20200222-coronavirus-what-we-know-and-what-we-don-t

Again, freaking out over nothing.
    I’m being very gay. It may kill me.
    I know. And we can only hope
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

3.07%...the world is going to end!!!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.france24.com/en/20200222-coronavirus-what-we-know-and-what-we-don-t

Again, freaking out over nothing.
    I’m being very gay. It may kill me.
    I know. And we can only hope
    That doesn’t sound very light hearted. Like Damone says, this is all a big nothing. Keep your sense of humor . . . or acquire one.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

haie said:

HHusky said:

Good times. Good times.

Revel us with your prediction on the 1969 Super Bowl.

• Options

HHusky said:

haie said:

HHusky said:

Good times. Good times.

Revel us with your prediction on the 1969 Super Bowl.

Steve Thompson is gonna win himself a championship.