Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This time though it's different

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm getting tired of being right
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,333
    Swaye's Wigwam

He's doing what everyone wanted allegedly.

At least Acosta gives him credit

I'll say it again if its this bad it is a weaponized virus

I still don't think it is. I'm not running for office

Spanish Flu wasn’t a weaponized disease, allegedly. Not saying COVID is Spanish flue, don’t twist.
    Was Spanish flu not the flu as well? Why is it the comp for Covid? Heard that a lot at the beginning.
    Actually a serious question for grumble
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,131
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Spanish Flu wasn’t a weaponized disease, allegedly. Not saying COVID is Spanish flue, don’t twist.
    Was Spanish flu not the flu as well? Why is it the comp for Covid? Heard that a lot at the beginning.
    Don’t remember whether SpanFlu was a coronavirus or uh the other kind. But 60-100mil speaks for itself. Anyhow, I think if COVID was that level, we’d know by now. And it’s not.
    It ended at 60-100 million. Of course, to the extent we avoid that, that’s largely due to the “overreaction” Damone has complained about.

Spanish flu was 1918-20. It’s early in this one.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,906
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    It was/is a coronavirus. In 1918 hygiene was lacking along with any ventilators or oxygen. But the Spanish flu was hell on young people. Might have been because there weren't a lot of 80 year olds with pre-existing conditions. Get cancer you die. Have a blocked artery you die.
  • Options

It was/is a coronavirus. In 1918 hygiene was lacking along with any ventilators or oxygen. But the Spanish flu was hell on young people. Might have been because there weren't a lot of 80 year olds with pre-existing conditions. Get cancer you die. Have a blocked artery you die.

You ignore the fact that it’s effects on people in the prime of life were remarkable to people at the time. The absence of 80 year olds with pre-existing conditions would have been true in all the years preceding 1918. Yet the Spanish Flu was noteworthy to people living in 1918.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Don’t remember whether SpanFlu was a coronavirus or uh the other kind. But 60-100mil speaks for itself. Anyhow, I think if COVID was that level, we’d know by now. And it’s not.
    It ended at 60-100 million. Of course, to the extent we avoid that, that’s largely due to the “overreaction” Damone has complained about.

H is counting on a 4th quarter comeback. Tuiflu
    Daddy is predicting 100 - 240 thousand deaths if everything goes well.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

No he isn't you fucking moron. Once again you're an idiot who reads the Seattle Times Twitter feed's false account of what actually said and hasn't bothered to watch and listen to what Dr. Birx actually said.

I think we need a "most retarded" poll, soon, before the Gene pool gets any more infected with dumbshits like RacistH.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,754
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Your daddy is passing along what he is hearing you simple minded fuck
    He’s hearing from the University of Washington.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

No he isn't you fucking moron. Once again you're an idiot who reads the Seattle Times Twitter feed's false account of what actually said and hasn't bothered to watch and listen to what Dr. Birx actually said.

I think we need a "most retarded" poll, soon, before the Gene pool gets any more infected with dumbshits like RacistH.
    Don’t get hysterical, lady.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So why are you conflating the UW model with the International Models that show the 100 to 240k numbers?

Cause you're a lying sack of shit? Or the more likely explanation that you're just an idiot?
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So why are you conflating the UW model with the International Models that show the 100 to 240k numbers?

Cause you're a lying sack of shit? Or the more likely explanation that you're just an idiot?
    https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/31/824946036/models-of-epidemic-predict-huge-u-s-death-toll-scientists-hope-for-better-outcom

Chris Murray?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Take the low-end figure of 60 million over 24 months. That's 2.5 million deaths globally, per month. Call it a wash between exponentially greater personal mobility and vastly higher standards of living/medical care. Do you think COVID comes close to Spanish Flu lethality? A disease can be much less lethal than Spanish Flu and still be very serious, don't twist.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Take the low-end figure of 60 million over 24 months. That's 2.5 million deaths globally, per month. Call it a wash between exponentially greater personal mobility and vastly higher standards of living/medical care. Do you think COVID comes close to Spanish Flu lethality? A disease can be much less lethal than Spanish Flu and still be very serious, don't twist.
    I didn’t draw the original comparison between the two pandemics you’ll remember. I did react to the attempt to rewrite history however.

I don’t see any sign Covid-19 will come close to the lethality of the Spanish flu. The world’s population was “only” about 2 billion people. In percentage terms there is no comparison yet. That said, if a World War hadn’t been ongoing at the time, the Spanish flu might not have spread so easily. The Kansas barracks were a veritable Petri dish.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,837
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Don’t get hysterical, lady.
    Sexist.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I didn’t draw the original comparison between the two pandemics you’ll remember. I did react to the attempt to rewrite history however.

I don’t see any sign Covid-19 will come close to the lethality of the Spanish flu. The world’s population was “only” about 2 billion people. In percentage terms there is no comparison yet. That said, if a World War hadn’t been ongoing at the time, the Spanish flu might not have spread so easily. The Kansas barracks were a veritable Petri dish.
    What were we talking about again?

Oh yes, we, that is you and I, weren't. Race went a little nutter saying something this bad might well be a bioweapon. I brought up Spanish Flu as an example of something far, far deadlier that almost certainly wasn't a bioweapon, if for no other reason than I don't think any bad actors had the technology to engineer. Then you jumped in, as Race rightly said, watching for a COVID adjustment at halftime.

So there you have it, an oral history of the last two pages.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2020/03/31/824946036/models-of-epidemic-predict-huge-u-s-death-toll-scientists-hope-for-better-outcom

Chris Murray?
    Birx is hoping that New York and New Jersey turn out to be unusual. Some states, like Washington and California, have managed to avoid the spikes in coronavirus infections that overwhelmed New York City. If other states manage to duplicate that experience, it would change the model's assumptions about the epidemic's trajectory.

Have you never taken a science or statistics course in your life, RacistH? Is this stuff really that far over your head?

Amazing levels of stupidity you're displaying here. Amazing effort to soil yourself publicly. Again.