Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KJ Costello likely heading for Mississippi State

Comments

• Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,020
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    In Sirmon we trust...

lol we're fucked...
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

If you were a transfer QB and you vetted Donovan's background, would you trust your future to him? The O needs to produce this year, badly. It won't.

@Gladstone your opinion shows just how immature you are, those of us who are actual Husky Alums know to trust Jen and Coach Lake in the process of hiring the right OC not just the one most popular on social media. If you don’t care for the process you’re welcome to root for UO
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Houhusky said:

Gladstone said:

If you were a transfer QB and you vetted Donovan's background, would you trust your future to him? The O needs to produce this year, badly. It won't.

If you are a transfer QB that is average to just good, what better place to go than Leach? You get to put up stupid video game numbers for Leach for a year and then hope some dumbfuck in the NFL thinks those numbers are real.
    Like Gubrud?

This is a fucking embarrassing L for Jimmy.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Seems like Miss State is an odd choice, pretty bad program in the toughest division in college football. Underwhelming roster, new HC with an offense that doesn’t fit what Costello has previously thrived in. UW would have given him the chance to win a division and get some exposure, there is literally zero chance that Miss state can win the SEC or even their division. Feels like UW should have had every built in advantage and yet here we? are.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Houhusky said:

Gladstone said:

If you are a transfer QB that is average to just good, what better place to go than Leach? You get to put up stupid video game numbers for Leach for a year and then hope some dumbfuck in the NFL thinks those numbers are real.
    Like Gubrud?

Dont get me wrong. Fuck Lake and fuck his shitty ass offensive hires. He is probably going to miss on Yary too.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    Houhusky said:

Houhusky said:

Gladstone said:

Like Gubrud?

Dont get me wrong. Fuck Lake and fuck his shitty ass offensive hires. He is probably going to miss on Yary too.
    Probably??
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    OreDawg said:

Seems like Miss State is an odd choice, pretty bad program in the toughest division in college football. Underwhelming roster, new HC with an offense that doesn’t fit what Costello has previously thrived in. UW would have given him the chance to win a division and get some exposure, there is literally zero chance that Miss state can win the SEC or even their division. Feels like UW should have had every built in advantage and yet here we? are.

Leach’s last 2 qb’s are in the league
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Lake is a fucking disaster. FTG.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    OreDawg said:

If he cared about winning in college UW was the clear choice.

If he wanted to put up video game numbers in a qb friendly offense that also preserves his health to maximize NFL chances then enjoy Mississippi State.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717

OreDawg said:

If he wanted to put up video game numbers in a qb friendly offense that also preserves his health to maximize NFL chances then enjoy Mississippi State.
    Not sure I agree with health preservation. I think Luke Falk might still have a concussion.
    And Tyler Hilinski is still dead.

I will retract that claim. The Air Raid is predicated on getting the ball out quickly but that is probably more than compensated for by the sheer number of passing plays.
  • Options
    skookumskookum Member Posts: 447
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Yep. 8-4 is coming. Maybe even 7-5. Hopefully we can be paper tigers and ride the defense to 10+ wins but just about everything would need to go right for that to happen.

Costello would have given me a little bit of hope that we could cobble together a decent offense. Now, the reality of Donovan and unproven QB’s that I’m not excited about at all, is setting in.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

OreDawg said:

Not sure I agree with health preservation. I think Luke Falk might still have a concussion.
    And Tyler Hilinski is still dead.

I will retract that claim. The Air Raid is predicated on getting the ball out quickly but that is probably more than compensated for by the sheer number of passing plays.
    You pass that many times, you are bound to take hits whether you get the ball out fast or not.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,994
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Different different.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Emoterman said:

Feel kinda bad for Sirmon. Kids been committed since what, his sophomore year of HS? UW fan his whole life... this feels like kind of doing him dirty that he's not going to get a chance to prove himself.

It's not like he's talentless...

Costello notwithstanding, I still think he's the favorite to be the starter next year, and I'll bet someone a Wam membership on it.
    Bump. Now that Costello has chosen to swing his sword, I'll wager someone a Wam membership for 2021 that Sirmon is the starter against Michigan with two caveats:

We somehow get a transfer QB the bet is off
    Sirmon injury the bet is off

Looking at you @RoadDawg55
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    My nightmare is Donovan goes full retard and names two starters.