Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KJ Costello likely heading for Mississippi State

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Nice work Jimmy!
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Gladstone said:

If you were a transfer QB and you vetted Donovan's background, would you trust your future to him? The O needs to produce this year, badly. It won't.

Yep. 8-4 is coming. Maybe even 7-5. Hopefully we can be paper tigers and ride the defense to 10+ wins but just about everything would need to go right for that to happen.

Costello would have given me a little bit of hope that we could cobble together a decent offense. Now, the reality of Donovan and unproven QB’s that I’m not excited about at all, is setting in.
    Sounds about right, 7-9 wins is what I expect. Just have no faith in the QB's on the roster.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Gladstone said:

If you were a transfer QB and you vetted Donovan's background, would you trust your future to him? The O needs to produce this year, badly. It won't.

Yep. 8-4 is coming. Maybe even 7-5. Hopefully we can be paper tigers and ride the defense to 10+ wins but just about everything would need to go right for that to happen.

Costello would have given me a little bit of hope that we could cobble together a decent offense. Now, the reality of Donovan and unproven QB’s that I’m not excited about at all, is setting in.
    Sounds about right, 7-9 wins is what I expect. Just have no faith in the QB's on the roster.
    Have you heard any rumors on what happened with Costello?
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    If Costello is goin to Ms St caus of Leach and air raid video game numbers to pad his stats, he may be disappointed at the end of the year. I’m thinking Leach is going to hand the ball off more than he’s use to and play defense.

May not start out that way but he may realize he needs to speed the game up. State has a runner coming back in Kylin Hill, amongst others. And a defense led by a real good linebacker. So I dunno what Leach has promised him if him goin to State is fact but he may be disappointed if it’s for 9000 passes in a game.

Anxious to find out, really.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SECDAWG said:

If Costello is goin to Ms St caus of Leach and air raid video game numbers to pad his stats, he may be disappointed at the end of the year. I’m thinking Leach is going to hand the ball off more than he’s use to and play defense.

May not start out that way but he may realize he needs to speed the game up. State has a runner coming back in Kylin Hill, amongst others. And a defense led by a real good linebacker. So I dunno what Leach has promised him if him goin to State is fact but he may be disappointed if it’s for 9000 passes in a game.

You're fucked

Hope this helps
  • Options

SECDAWG said:

You're fucked

Hope this helps
    Thanks. I didn’t know.

• Options
    FireCohen said:

SECDAWG said:

If you think leach is going to run the ball, you my friend are an idiot
    I didn’t say that. I said he may have to run it more than he is use to. Fk.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    SECDAWG said:

FireCohen said:

SECDAWG said:

Check out the UCLA game from this year. That man will not run the ball
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

Have you heard any rumors on what happened with Costello?
    Was impressed with Jimmy and Donovan but with our past history of incompetent offense along with our challenges at WR he felt like he couldn't risk it with a year remaining. He went with the sure thing with Leach and honestly I can't blame him.
    So basically outside of db's Jimmy is a shit salesman. Fucking amazing
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    I’ll try this again for the sake of discussion and ongoing thread without cutting shortcuts....

Leach’s fukn “raid” offense ain’t gonna sustain in this league. Not like he’s done in the past. Defenses are too fast on the perimeter for that and the lines are too strong to allow it....much.

He is goin to HAVE to change a little of his thinking. I really don’t know how much tbh. But he is goin to have to hire a good defensive coordinator and run the ball. I said I didn’t know when it will dawn on his skull but that’s the facts. I never said he will run the ball 81% of the time. I said if Costello was promised an “air raid” all season, he MAY be disappointed. State has a run game.
    If Leach don’t utilize it, he ain’t the coach and “mastermind” he’s been built up to be.

All I’m saying is I think there will be a small change in what we are use to with Leach. And I am anxious to see if he can dupe the other well known coaches here with tactics. If not, @RaceBannon is right, as usual, we fukd...which is what I think anyway.

• Options
    FireCohen said:

SECDAWG said:

FireCohen said:

SECDAWG said:

Check out the UCLA game from this year. That man will not run the ball
    He’s gone have to down here, @FireCohen. He’s gone have to.
  • Options
    haie said:

SECDAWG said:

I’ll try this again for the sake of discussion and ongoing thread without cutting shortcuts....

Leach’s fukn “raid” offense ain’t gonna sustain in this league. Not like he’s done in the past. Defenses are too fast on the perimeter for that and the lines are too strong to allow it....much.

He is goin to HAVE to change a little of his thinking. I really don’t know how much tbh. But he is goin to have to hire a good defensive coordinator and run the ball. I said I didn’t know when it will dawn on his skull but that’s the facts. I never said he will run the ball 81% of the time. I said if Costello was promised an “air raid” all season, he MAY be disappointed. State has a run game.
    If Leach don’t utilize it, he ain’t the coach and “mastermind” he’s been built up to be.

All I’m saying is I think there will be a small change in what we are use to with Leach. And I am anxious to see if he can dupe the other well known coaches here with tactics. If not, @RaceBannon is right, as usual, we fukd...which is what I think anyway.

El Oh El.

Getting ass reamed for 6 years in embarrassing fashion every Apple Cup couldn't get him to change a damn thing.

Have fun watching what your defense turns into.

You're "Geuxeux Taigas and Roawl Taide" phase will come much earlier every year now. Enjoy.
    Leach won’t win MS St nothing here. I expect that.

Still anxious to see if he evolves. He will have to.

If not, it will be worse for him than before.

Costello would be better off at UW. He may well be disappointed is all I said. HTH.

• Options
  • Options
    Far as running the ball, I’ll ask this, did he have anyone at WS St that could run the ball?

I don’t know. I know this, he walked into the leading rusher in the SEC at MS St.

I’m js saying, how can one ignore that? Maybe Leach can. Anxious to see if he ignores that.

Some may be surprised and Costello may be disappointed. And may be not. All remains
    To be seen and I’m just putting it out there what I know.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Sources said:

SECDAWG said:

Far as running the ball, I’ll ask this, did he have anyone at WS St that could run the ball?

I don’t know. I know this, he walked into the leading rusher in the SEC at MS St.

I’m js saying, how can one ignore that? Maybe Leach can. Anxious to see if he ignores that.

Some may be surprised and Costello may be disappointed. And may be not. All remains
    To be seen and I’m just putting it out there what I know.

He could have Emmitt Smith and Barry Sanders in the two deeps and Leach would go 5 wide 50 straight plays.
    Ok. Cool. Gone get analyized at State, as we all knew, . Including Castrello. Fold tent right NOW.

Mine is in the bunker.