Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Donovan named OC

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Jimmy got himself a fall man
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m calming down a tiny bit because this guy wasn’t horrible at Vanderbilt. It’s still a F hire. No reason for it.

Jimmy wants to X’s and O’s it up and play like a NFL team. A dated NFL team at that.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,018
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I’m calming down a tiny bit because this guy wasn’t horrible at Vanderbilt. It’s still a F hire. No reason for it.

Jimmy wants to X’s and O’s it up and play like a NFL team. A dated NFL team at that.

Dude peaked at ASSISTANT RB coach in the NFL.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Goodbye Emeka. Goodbye Troy. Goodbye Julien. Goodbye Jonathan Taylor Thomas. We hardly knew ye.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You know what is easier than being a 1st year HC hiring an OC?

Being a 2nd year HC hiring your 2nd OC because you had to fire your first OC hire because you went 6-6 with a sh!tty, uber-talented offense.

FML...this would be funny if it wasn't so sad. The last day has been the epitome of UW athletics...the BB team losing a game they were up 13 in and then the football team with the foundation it has in talent and coaches with what Peterman built and the #1 QB in the nation coming in next year hiring a retread failed OC literally NOBODY else was interested in.

Guess its payback for making all the Helton jokes.

And f!ck Jen Cohen while we are at it. You think any football-minded AD would have signed off on this hire before putting their coach through the ringer? She's as much responsible for this as Jimmy, and if it fails they both need go.

Helton would be a better OC
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

I’m doused in gasoline but holding off on lighting the match. My Pollyanna approach is merely based on the fact that it seems as though Ray Donovan is no one to be messed with. It’s the other Donovans — especially Mick — who always fuck things up. So long as Bunchy and his fucktarded ways and Terry with his Parkinson’s shakes stay away, the offense will have a chance.

Ray Ray is an old school run first kind of guy, who likes tight ends (who doesn’t?) and QBs who are tuff. So yeah, LIPO, then I’ll light the match after Michigan beats us 34-6.
    Welcome home

Kotter
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

You know what is easier than being a 1st year HC hiring an OC?

Being a 2nd year HC hiring your 2nd OC because you had to fire your first OC hire because you went 6-6 with a sh!tty, uber-talented offense.

FML...this would be funny if it wasn't so sad. The last day has been the epitome of UW athletics...the BB team losing a game they were up 13 in and then the football team with the foundation it has in talent and coaches with what Peterman built and the #1 QB in the nation coming in next year hiring a retread failed OC literally NOBODY else was interested in.

Guess its payback for making all the Helton jokes.

And f!ck Jen Cohen while we are at it. You think any football-minded AD would have signed off on this hire before putting their coach through the ringer? She's as much responsible for this as Jimmy, and if it fails they both need go.

Helton would be a better OC
    There is a probable scenario forming were he could be next year...its not like Jimmy is going to be able to hire anybody good at OC next year if this experiment fails. And as much as I love #FaithFamilyFootball we are already on borrowed time on Helton leading the mighty men of Troy.

FML...
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I know the coaching carousels occur with greater frequency but when I see a resume like this I file it in the TBNT file.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam