Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

John Donovan named OC

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,534
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I stand with LongDukDong

Bring on the Adidas black uniforms/helmets and 10 pt performances. 2020 WOOF
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,608
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Penn St fans on reddit:

“Not to doom and gloom things but he’s our worst OC of the past two decades.”

“He ran a read option with Christian Hackenberg”

“Bubble screens, jet sweeps, and getting sacked on a two man rush.”

“The Jimmy Lake era has ended before it even began.”

“I hope y’all like jet sweeps to the short side of the field.”

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!!!! SHOOT ME!!!
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,018
    edited January 2020

I think that he will be good here. This always plays out when the entire fan base hates the hire.

If you look into the circumstances at Vandy and Pedo State I think he will do well. Vandy has shit talent (think Oregon State) and put up the only respectable offense they’ve had in three decades, and Pedo State had generational talent at QB and RB the year after he left.

Classic armchair evaluators on HH sitting at home in their mom’s basement picking belly button lint out of their beer gut and Doritos out of their neckbeards.

Both Barkley and Godwin were there when he was fired.

Generational talent is what people thought Hackenberg was before this dude got ahold of him.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I think that he will be good here. This always plays out when the entire fan base hates the hire.

If you look into the circumstances at Vandy and Pedo State I think he will do well. Vandy has shit talent (think Oregon State) and put up the only respectable offense they’ve had in three decades, and Pedo State had generational talent at QB and RB the year after he left.

Classic armchair evaluators on HH sitting at home in their mom’s basement picking belly button lint out of their beer gut and Doritos out of their neckbeards.

Both Barkley and Godwin were there when he was fired.

Generational talent is what people thought Hackenberg was before this dude got ahold of him.
    As a person who is from the same place the Texans play I would not absolve Bill Obrien completely here
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 782
    I'm hearing Unca Phill and Jimmy had a talk.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Disappointed no one has made the connection between John Donovan being OC in 2014-2015 and Saquon an Mcsorely committing in that same time period. He was let go right when he was starting to get his guys in there. If he had made it to 2016 with these two playmakers he hand picked we would be singing a different song right now.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    OneNipple said:

Look guys....we do have a Basketball team.

UW is a womens sports school
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Penn St fans on reddit:

“Not to doom and gloom things but he’s our worst OC of the past two decades.”

“He ran a read option with Christian Hackenberg”

“Bubble screens, jet sweeps, and getting sacked on a two man rush.”

“The Jimmy Lake era has ended before it even began.”

“I hope y’all like jet sweeps to the short side of the field.”

To be fair Christian Hackenberg couldn't throw a fucking football so running it kinda makes sense.

...That's all I got.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Woof said:

I'm going to blindly predict that Donovan will become our best OC since Gilby so that once that asshole @dnc bumps this thread in two years, I'll be the only one who was RIGHT. Can't wait for all my future chins!

Hey now. I already said I'm leading the Donovan bandwagon. I'd be happy to have you as my co-pilot though. Top 10 scoring offense here we come.
    For the record, I am all aboard @Woof's bandwagon. Choo choo motherfuckers.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Somebody forgot to tell Jimmy that PSU fired this guy and hired Moorehead when they ran over us in the 2017 Fiesta Bowl.