Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You’re ruining my birthday

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

I follow Jeff Becthold. He works at the UW AD as a media guy. He twats and retwats anti-Trump shit often. His bio also says “proud atheist”.

I give a fuck about either of those things but if these idiots want to attack someone over their personal political or religious views, then go after everyone's and get rid of all that shit in the AD, not just the ones they disagree with.

Just checked and this guy blocked me. That makes him, Mario Cristobal, Gino Mariani, and LMC as the only people to have me blocked. Interesting.

LMC blocked you?

Amazing.

My list is BTP, LMC, BTP's alt (today in the last hour or so!), and Jared Stanger. Might be forgetting someone but I think that's it.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    Gladstone said:

I follow Jeff Becthold. He works at the UW AD as a media guy. He twats and retwats anti-Trump shit often. His bio also says “proud atheist”.

I give a fuck about either of those things but if these idiots want to attack someone over their personal political or religious views, then go after everyone's and get rid of all that shit in the AD, not just the ones they disagree with.

Just checked and this guy blocked me. That makes him, Mario Cristobal, Gino Mariani, and LMC as the only people to have me blocked. Interesting.

Shocking.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966

What does any of this have to do with the Miami Hurricanes?

Nada @creepycoug . Clempson is the new Miamuh. Even the mighty Cane couldn't win 3 NTs in 4 years.
    Ryan Leaf said run to a betting outlet to put money on Clemson plus 5.5
    If Dabo does win, he's the greatest corch of the modern era. Not Urbs. Not Meyer. 3 NTs in 4 years at non blue blood is as good as it gets.
    Except he has yet to do what Urbs did: win big at more than one stop. That's a lot harder than winning a few in a short time period when you have everything rolling your way. Let's have him quit Clempson and go to, say, Tennessee and win two. That's effectively what Urbs did when going to Floriduh. Then went and build a juggernaut at OSU.

Nope: Dabo is not at Urbs level just yet. Pump the brakes Yella.
    Skrong disagree. I think you overvalue Urb's winning at multiple stops narrative. Florida was less than 10 years removed from NT when Urbs got their and he walked in to Top 5 level talent. Ohio State was like 6 or 7 years removed from it's NT when he got there. Dabo has won multiple NTs at a clear tier II school that hadn't done shit in 3.5 DECADES. He built it from scratch. Urbs never had to do that.
    Skrong disagree with your skrong disagree. This is childish Yella.

Florida was less than 10, TEN, years removed did you say? That's a decade Yella. A lot can change. A lot can change in two years, as Washington and Oregon fans know all too well.

Urbs absolutely re-built Florida from scratch. His predecessor was a good recruiter but a shit coach and they sucked.

You criminally underestimate how hard it is to win at multiple stops. Very, very few have done it. Because, like Pete told you, it's really hard.

Get off Dabo's junk. It's unmanly.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,811 Swaye's Wigwam

So if they don't like Crosby (who?) likes, then they definitely don't like players like the Bosa brothers. Dennis may be self asphyxiating too much.

I know, I know, it enhances the experience. Get off my back.

When the Niners drafted Bosa there was SJW concern how he would be received in Baghdad by the Bay. Turns out winning at least Defensive Rookie of the Year if not POY eased some of the pain

If Kaep could win a Super Bowl in Seattle I'd be at the airport to welcome him
    Have Mooser bring a cake!

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Nada @creepycoug . Clempson is the new Miamuh. Even the mighty Cane couldn't win 3 NTs in 4 years.
    If Dabo does win, he's the greatest corch of the modern era. Not Urbs. Not Meyer. 3 NTs in 4 years at non blue blood is as good as it gets.
    Except he has yet to do what Urbs did: win big at more than one stop. That's a lot harder than winning a few in a short time period when you have everything rolling your way. Let's have him quit Clempson and go to, say, Tennessee and win two. That's effectively what Urbs did when going to Floriduh. Then went and build a juggernaut at OSU.

Skrong disagree. I think you overvalue Urb's winning at multiple stops narrative. Florida was less than 10 years removed from NT when Urbs got their and he walked in to Top 5 level talent. Ohio State was like 6 or 7 years removed from it's NT when he got there. Dabo has won multiple NTs at a clear tier II school that hadn't done shit in 3.5 DECADES. He built it from scratch. Urbs never had to do that.

Florida was less than 10, TEN, years removed did you say? That's a decade Yella. A lot can change. A lot can change in two years, as Washington and Oregon fans know all too well.

Urbs absolutely re-built Florida from scratch. His predecessor was a good recruiter but a shit coach and they sucked.

You criminally underestimate how hard it is to win at multiple stops. Very, very few have done it. Because, like Pete told you, it's really hard.

He didn’t rebuild Florida from scratch. Zoom got very highly rated classes. The defense which was loaded with talent and destroyed Ohio State in the natty was all Zook’s guys.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,508 Founders Club
    Zook built a Rose Bowl team at Illinois but I don't think they won the B1G.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

The real question is if they would care if Crosby’s political likes and retweets were the opposite. I doubt they would have a problem with it, even tho like Race nobody getting paid and associated with UW football should be doing anything political on Twitter.

I suppose you'd have to define "the opposite." You may be promoting a false dichotomy here.
    Lol, what's the opposite of invading a country and enslaving their women?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    dnc said:

The real question is if they would care if Crosby’s political likes and retweets were the opposite. I doubt they would have a problem with it, even tho like Race nobody getting paid and associated with UW football should be doing anything political on Twitter.

I suppose you'd have to define "the opposite." You may be promoting a false dichotomy here.
    Lol, what's the opposite of invading a country and enslaving their women?
    To be fair, the dude didn't even like that tweet, he just liked other tweets from Huff's account and they used that tweet to put him on blast.
    Gotcha.

Easy solution is for everyone in the AD to have a personal and business account. No more Sco Ducks, no more Bonerpopper hearting every ass he comes across.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,401 Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

If Urban went to a 3rd school and won an NC he'd be #1 all time, end of discussion. To even do it at two separate schools is enormously difficult, and extremely rare. We've been over this.

Did I miss the part of the convo where Saban's LSU title didn't count?
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam

So if they don't like Crosby (who?) likes, then they definitely don't like players like the Bosa brothers. Dennis may be self asphyxiating too much.

I know, I know, it enhances the experience. Get off my back.

When the Niners drafted Bosa there was SJW concern how he would be received in Baghdad by the Bay. Turns out winning at least Defensive Rookie of the Year if not POY eased some of the pain

If Kaep could win a Super Bowl in Seattle I'd be at the airport to welcome him
    Very few actually give a fuck about that stuff. Most that do are people that live online, work or are involved in academia, or are part of Hollywood. DDY and Sub K fit the first two descriptions. Most don’t have any interest in it or very fleeting interest.

If you’re very vocal pro or anti Trump, you’re an idiot. Who gives a shit? The actual difference any president makes in 99% of people’s lives is very minimal at best. It’s even dumber coming from people in the Seattle area, where mostly everyone is mild.
    This is just factually incorrect, especially after decades of Congress ceding all of its power to the executive branch.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam

Oh. My. God.

• minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,979

This is incredibly sloppy. I realize Becthold or any of these guys are a few layers deep but the potential audience is vast. Parents read these boards! But seriously, these are professionals.

You're job is to help us. Not fuck us up. You wanna know what the first rule is? You never open your mouth till you know what the shot is.

ABC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rW7WlT6OJxE
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Gladstone said:

If Urban went to a 3rd school and won an NC he'd be #1 all time, end of discussion. To even do it at two separate schools is enormously difficult, and extremely rare. We've been over this.

Did I miss the part of the convo where Saban's LSU title didn't count?
    What
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,976 Founders Club
    edited January 2020

Don't you lecture me about manliness, pendejo!! Until the check clears you are not a REAL man. A REAL man supports his familia of degenerate e-amigos.