Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You’re ruining my birthday

1235»

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966

What does any of this have to do with the Miami Hurricanes?

Nada @creepycoug . Clempson is the new Miamuh. Even the mighty Cane couldn't win 3 NTs in 4 years.
    Ryan Leaf said run to a betting outlet to put money on Clemson plus 5.5
    If Dabo does win, he's the greatest corch of the modern era. Not Urbs. Not Meyer. 3 NTs in 4 years at non blue blood is as good as it gets.
    Except he has yet to do what Urbs did: win big at more than one stop. That's a lot harder than winning a few in a short time period when you have everything rolling your way. Let's have him quit Clempson and go to, say, Tennessee and win two. That's effectively what Urbs did when going to Floriduh. Then went and build a juggernaut at OSU.

Nope: Dabo is not at Urbs level just yet. Pump the brakes Yella.
    Skrong disagree. I think you overvalue Urb's winning at multiple stops narrative. Florida was less than 10 years removed from NT when Urbs got their and he walked in to Top 5 level talent. Ohio State was like 6 or 7 years removed from it's NT when he got there. Dabo has won multiple NTs at a clear tier II school that hadn't done shit in 3.5 DECADES. He built it from scratch. Urbs never had to do that.
    Skrong disagree with your skrong disagree. This is childish Yella.

Florida was less than 10, TEN, years removed did you say? That's a decade Yella. A lot can change. A lot can change in two years, as Washington and Oregon fans know all too well.

Urbs absolutely re-built Florida from scratch. His predecessor was a good recruiter but a shit coach and they sucked.

You criminally underestimate how hard it is to win at multiple stops. Very, very few have done it. Because, like Pete told you, it's really hard.

Get off Dabo's junk. It's unmanly.
    He didn’t rebuild Florida from scratch. Zoom got very highly rated classes. The defense which was loaded with talent and destroyed Ohio State in the natty was all Zook’s guys.
    Are we really playing the "he won with Lambright's guys" game?

There is 1,000 miles of distance between recruiting rankings and a national championship.

I expect better of you Roadie.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    Gladstone said:

If Urban went to a 3rd school and won an NC he'd be #1 all time, end of discussion. To even do it at two separate schools is enormously difficult, and extremely rare. We've been over this.

Ok. We homies again.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,764 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

I follow Jeff Becthold. He works at the UW AD as a media guy. He twats and retwats anti-Trump shit often. His bio also says “proud atheist”.

I give a fuck about either of those things but if these idiots want to attack someone over their personal political or religious views, then go after everyone's and get rid of all that shit in the AD, not just the ones they disagree with.

Just checked and this guy blocked me. That makes him, Mario Cristobal, Gino Mariani, and LMC as the only people to have me blocked. Interesting.

LMC blocked you?

Amazing.

My list is BTP, LMC, BTP's alt (today in the last hour or so!), and Jared Stanger. Might be forgetting someone but I think that's it.
    Peterman himself blocked me and then one of those two dipshits that got booted, went to Montana state and go busted for slanging. Pretty sure a series of how to turn your life around tweets sealed that one... which I composed while I was shit faced.
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

I follow Jeff Becthold. He works at the UW AD as a media guy. He twats and retwats anti-Trump shit often. His bio also says “proud atheist”.

I give a fuck about either of those things but if these idiots want to attack someone over their personal political or religious views, then go after everyone's and get rid of all that shit in the AD, not just the ones they disagree with.

Just checked and this guy blocked me. That makes him, Mario Cristobal, Gino Mariani, and LMC as the only people to have me blocked. Interesting.

LMC blocked you?

Amazing.

My list is BTP, LMC, BTP's alt (today in the last hour or so!), and Jared Stanger. Might be forgetting someone but I think that's it.
    I might block you too. I hear you are a big meanie.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,503 Standard Supporter

So if they don't like Crosby (who?) likes, then they definitely don't like players like the Bosa brothers. Dennis may be self asphyxiating too much.

I know, I know, it enhances the experience. Get off my back.

When the Niners drafted Bosa there was SJW concern how he would be received in Baghdad by the Bay. Turns out winning at least Defensive Rookie of the Year if not POY eased some of the pain

If Kaep could win a Super Bowl in Seattle I'd be at the airport to welcome him
    Very few actually give a fuck about that stuff. Most that do are people that live online, work or are involved in academia, or are part of Hollywood. DDY and Sub K fit the first two descriptions. Most don’t have any interest in it or very fleeting interest.

If you’re very vocal pro or anti Trump, you’re an idiot. Who gives a shit? The actual difference any president makes in 99% of people’s lives is very minimal at best. It’s even dumber coming from people in the Seattle area, where mostly everyone is mild.
    This is just factually incorrect, especially after decades of Congress ceding all of its power to the executive branch.
    No. Quit buying into it. Everyone that was broke with shitty jobs in the Obama era are broke with shitty jobs now. If that changed, it had nothing to do with the president. On a day to day basis, none of the shit we hear about on the news actually matters. Did your life change one bit from us bombing Iran? No, it didn’t.

There was racism before Trump, there will be racism after. Obama did bad things and was in bed with some enemies, Trump is as well. As will the next president.

It all gets magnified more based on the outrage of the times on social media.

Most of America goes to their jobs, punches in, punches out, and goes home. They fill their spare time with a couple of hobbies. That will never change.
    I drink and I know things masturbate 8 times a day.

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    BaldwinIV said:
    If that's you, too good for the customary self-twat flag. Well done.

Or just a good find.

Whatever.

Ps, use this as a reference.

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam

So if they don't like Crosby (who?) likes, then they definitely don't like players like the Bosa brothers. Dennis may be self asphyxiating too much.

When the Niners drafted Bosa there was SJW concern how he would be received in Baghdad by the Bay. Turns out winning at least Defensive Rookie of the Year if not POY eased some of the pain

Very few actually give a fuck about that stuff. Most that do are people that live online, work or are involved in academia, or are part of Hollywood. DDY and Sub K fit the first two descriptions. Most don’t have any interest in it or very fleeting interest.

If you’re very vocal pro or anti Trump, you’re an idiot. Who gives a shit? The actual difference any president makes in 99% of people’s lives is very minimal at best. It’s even dumber coming from people in the Seattle area, where mostly everyone is mild.
    This is just factually incorrect, especially after decades of Congress ceding all of its power to the executive branch.
    No. Quit buying into it. Everyone that was broke with shitty jobs in the Obama era are broke with shitty jobs now. If that changed, it had nothing to do with the president. On a day to day basis, none of the shit we hear about on the news actually matters. Did your life change one bit from us bombing Iran? No, it didn’t.

There was racism before Trump, there will be racism after. Obama did bad things and was in bed with some enemies, Trump is as well. As will the next president.

Most of America goes to their jobs, punches in, punches out, and goes home. They fill their spare time with a couple of hobbies. That will never change.
    Sorry, but lazy and/or fucking stupid take.

"Most of America goes to their jobs, punches in, punches out, and goes home. They fill their spare time with a couple of hobbies. That will never change." This plays great on a bumper sticker, but is shallow as a puddle. For starters, it violates the laws of thermodynamics unless magic is discovered and/or mankind can spread into space. Quickly.

In the here and now, though, most of America humans also get sick at some time in their life. All Americans fortunate enough to have decent insurance through their work have watched their paychecks shrink due to skyrocketing healthcare costs. A large percentage of America got fucked over in a financial crisis in 2008, and that probably mattered to them. Most of America is a few degrees of separation or less from somebody in the military who might have to leave their family and go overseas for a considerable amount of time due to one person's decision. My in-laws' cherry orchards were affected big time both by immigration policies and trade wars, to the point where they lost money this season. Steel tariffs impacted thousands of businesses that employ Americans. You or someone you love might need an abortion some day, and you'll suddenly think a president's Supreme Court appointees are really fucking important. Maybe legal marijuana makes sense to you, and legalizing at a federal level is the end game there, so worth paying attention to. Free and open internet is important to a lot of people. Whole industries can be legislated or taxed out of existence for environmental reasons, which affects a lot of people, good or bad. Some people fly a lot and remember with fondness when we could walk through an airport without waiting in line for an hour and getting felt up or nude scanned.

Increasingly, these are real impacts to real people that are being driven in large part or exclusively by the executive branch. They're details, but a lot of details add up and matter. Choosing to ignore it all, get on with your life, accept what may come, and not worry yourself is a fine strategy--maybe even admirable--but it doesn't make the people who care and protest wrong for doing so.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam

Sorry, but lazy and/or fucking stupid take.

"Most of America goes to their jobs, punches in, punches out, and goes home. They fill their spare time with a couple of hobbies. That will never change." This plays great on a bumper sticker, but is shallow as a puddle. For starters, it violates the laws of thermodynamics unless magic is discovered and/or mankind can spread into space. Quickly.

In the here and now, though, most of America humans also get sick at some time in their life. All Americans fortunate enough to have decent insurance through their work have watched their paychecks shrink due to skyrocketing healthcare costs. A large percentage of America got fucked over in a financial crisis in 2008, and that probably mattered to them. Most of America is a few degrees of separation or less from somebody in the military who might have to leave their family and go overseas for a considerable amount of time due to one person's decision. My in-laws' cherry orchards were affected big time both by immigration policies and trade wars, to the point where they lost money this season. Steel tariffs impacted thousands of businesses that employ Americans. You or someone you love might need an abortion some day, and you'll suddenly think a president's Supreme Court appointees are really fucking important. Maybe legal marijuana makes sense to you, and legalizing at a federal level is the end game there, so worth paying attention to. Free and open internet is important to a lot of people. Whole industries can be legislated or taxed out of existence for environmental reasons, which affects a lot of people, good or bad. Some people fly a lot and remember with fondness when we could walk through an airport without waiting in line for an hour and getting felt up or nude scanned.

Increasingly, these are real impacts to real people that are being driven in large part or exclusively by the executive branch. They're details, but a lot of details add up and matter. Choosing to ignore it all, get on with your life, accept what may come, and not worry yourself is a fine strategy--maybe even admirable--but it doesn't make the people who care and protest wrong for doing so.
    Mods?

Respect the business

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

LMC blocked you?

Amazing.

How could I forget Sa'Vell Smalls' mom and step father?