Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

You’re ruining my birthday

Comments

• 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Literally no one would’ve ever known about Crosby (who?) and his twitter account if not for these dipshits bringing it to light. If they actually cared they’d privately send a DM to someone in the athletic department... instead they blow it up on twitter and just use it as another reason to claim the “moral high ground”. Narcissists gonna narcissist

In all seriousness it's not about protecting UW, or about holding anyone to any standard, it's about crafting UW into their vision of what it should it be.
    What do you mean by this? Whether they're going about it the wrong way or are right or wrong, it seems their vision of what UW should be is a team (I'm assuming you're referring to UW football and not the university as a whole) that wins at all cost, recruits ANY player that has elite physical talent, hires ANY coach who will do what it takes to win (with a heavy prioritization of recruiting over coaching), and reorganizes the program into an Oregonesque marketing machine for kids that also respects the traditions that the old timers won't let go (you know, so an impossible contradiction). Agree or disagree with this (put me in the latter camp), I don't see how it's inconsistent with the other two motivations on your list.

Edit for clarity: In their mind (I'm assuming, but it's a safe assumption), these twat likes could impact recruiting, and recruiting is their god. Their standard is to have 27 burner accounts so their personal life depravity and basement dwelling loserishness can't possibly impact recruiting in even the most minute way. So to get the program to conform to their vision, they believe an obscure assistant should be held to their standard of keeping a firewall between their crackpot personal life and possible recruits' eyeballs.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,524 Swaye's Wigwam
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Sources said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Literally no one would’ve ever known about Crosby (who?) and his twitter account if not for these dipshits bringing it to light. If they actually cared they’d privately send a DM to someone in the athletic department... instead they blow it up on twitter and just use it as another reason to claim the “moral high ground”. Narcissists gonna narcissist

In all seriousness it's not about protecting UW, or about holding anyone to any standard, it's about crafting UW into their vision of what it should it be.
    What do you mean by this? Whether they're going about it the wrong way or are right or wrong, it seems their vision of what UW should be is a team (I'm assuming you're referring to UW football and not the university as a whole) that wins at all cost, recruits ANY player that has elite physical talent, hires ANY coach who will do what it takes to win (with a heavy prioritization of recruiting over coaching), and reorganizes the program into an Oregonesque marketing machine for kids that also respects the traditions that the old timers won't let go (you know, so an impossible contradiction). Agree or disagree with this (put me in the latter camp), I don't see how it's inconsistent with the other two motivations on your list.
    If they were trying to protect UW they'd address their concerns quietly.

They're not trying to protect UW.
    Welcome to the millennial version of disagreement. Fester in a social media echo chamber with other like-minded dipshits until you all convince yourselves you're morally righteous and then proceed to bitch and moan until someone pays attention
    Yep.

Pretty sure DDY is older than me though.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

The real question is if they would care if Crosby’s political likes and retweets were the opposite. I doubt they would have a problem with it, even tho like Race nobody getting paid and associated with UW football should be doing anything political on Twitter.

Of course not

The real question is if they would care if Crosby’s political likes and retweets were the opposite. I doubt they would have a problem with it, even tho like Race nobody getting paid and associated with UW football should be doing anything political on Twitter.

I suppose you'd have to define "the opposite." You may be promoting a false dichotomy here.