Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ahmed gone

123457»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dawgs206 said:

Both have bad vision. Washington would just run straight into the back of his O-line. Ahmed stood in the backfield too long looking for holes to open up.

Washington was 30 pounds heavier and had a much better 40 (4.44 vs 4.62) time and better vert and broad numbers. Good enough measurables for a team to take a chance on. He was also a converted WR so I assume he has better hands, which is obviously important for a 3rd down back. Ahmed was doomed once he ran a 4.62.

Let's put it this way: when people are debating whether you, as a RB, have better or worse vision than another RB with shitty vision, it's time to consider a position (or sport) change.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dawgs206 said:

Both have bad vision. Washington would just run straight into the back of his O-line. Ahmed stood in the backfield too long looking for holes to open up.

Washington was 30 pounds heavier and had a much better 40 (4.44 vs 4.62) time and better vert and broad numbers. Good enough measurables for a team to take a chance on. He was also a converted WR so I assume he has better hands, which is obviously important for a 3rd down back. Ahmed was doomed once he ran a 4.62.

Washington was an absolute weapon on the wheel route.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,706
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ahmed isn't anything like Washington. Washington wasnt afraid of contact and ran hard, was 20lbs heavier, and had verified speed. Ahmed is like an extremely poor man's Reggie Bush...one who has not proven to be a playmaker and who has not posted a verifiable 4.4. I would've been shocked if someone had used a draft pick on him when guys who look fast on tape are a dime a dozen among the undrafted ranks.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TTJ said:

He’s Dwayne Washington, only Washington actually ran a 4.4.

I had the same thought.

Dwayne Washington is still hanging around the league too—because he’s been able to bulk up to 225# while preserving breakaway speed.

If Ahmed can find a better trainer, he might be able to do same. He’s definitely got NFL twitchiness. He’s just never really learned how to use his considerable gifts.
    I suppose now is a good time to learn.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Ahmed isn't anything like Washington. Washington wasnt afraid of contact and ran hard, was 20lbs heavier, and had verified speed. Ahmed is like an extremely poor man's Reggie Bush...one who has not proven to be a playmaker and who has not posted a verifiable 4.4. I would've been shocked if someone had used a draft pick on him when guys who look fast on tape are a dime a dozen among the undrafted ranks.

That’s what I said before he was drafted. He’s really not that much faster than a lot of backs. I don’t think he’s really 4.62 slow, but still...
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

TTJ said:

He’s Dwayne Washington, only Washington actually ran a 4.4.

I had the same thought.

Dwayne Washington is still hanging around the league too—because he’s been able to bulk up to 225# while preserving breakaway speed.

If Ahmed can find a better trainer, he might be able to do same. He’s definitely got NFL twitchiness. He’s just never really learned how to use his considerable gifts.
    I suppose now is a good time to learn.
    Like Jimmy says, NFL stands for "Not for Long". Really not the place to figure out how to be a running back.