Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ahmed gone

Comments

• Options
    DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I was surprised to see he was a 1,000 yard rusher this year.

Next.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    Meh. Probably a good move for him. His draft stock wont go up and he'll be sharing carries again next year, probably with an improved Dick and Cam Davis. Ultimately a solid but fairly forgettable career at UW.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Meh. Probably a good move for him. His draft stock wont go up and he'll be sharing carries again next year, probably with an improved Dick and Cam Davis. Ultimately a solid but fairly forgettable career at UW.

Draft stock won't go up. Done all he can at UW. Short shelf life. Needs to take care of his family.

Did I get them all right?
    Please respect my decision?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

In defense of Ahmed

he played the bowel game.

Best of luck to you Salvon.

New standard
  • Options
    WillyRBeekWillyRBeek Member Posts: 133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Not a bad decision on his part I think.
    It's not like he'd be coming back to be a featured back, he was still going to be splitting time next season, and with RB's having such short careers, it's best to get your money when you can get it. At best I see him as a 4th or 5th round pick, maybe even later, but I really don't think his stock would have improved much if he came back for another year. RB, more so than any other position, relies so heavily on physical ability and instincts, things you can't really teach, you either have it or you don't. It's not like another year at UW is going to teach him how to suddenly break tackles or make people miss.
    If put in the right system in the NFL and given a proper role, I think he could have a solid career, but I don't see him ever being an every down back.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

In defense of Ahmed

Im waiting for the people who defend sitting out bowl games saying that it will give a chance for our YOUNG players to get reps for next year to be mad at Ahmed for taking up precious reps that could have gone to our YOUNG players when he wasnt coming back.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

In defense of Ahmed

Im waiting for the people who defend sitting out bowl games saying that it will give a chance for our YOUNG players to get reps for next year to be mad at Ahmed for taking up precious reps that could have gone to our YOUNG players when he wasnt coming back.
    Yeah that's a dumb defense for it, no argument here.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HuskyJW said:

Draft stock won't go up. Done all he can at UW. Short shelf life. Needs to take care of his family.

Did I get them all right?
    Please respect my decision?
    No interviews at this time.

oh, and AGTG.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Honestly more touches for dick.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He was our best RB last year so there is the potential to miss him, but I don’t really care either.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think he will excel in the NFL with a team that passes him the fucking ball in space. Pete and Bush were too dumb to figure that out.

We did fuck up getting him so few of those touches. Throwing to the RB’s isn’t done by very many college teams in general.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,687
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

In defense of Ahmed

Same with Skinny