Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ahmed gone

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Interesting that I just feel pretty indifferent about this.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Talk about empty calories. My goodness will anyone even draft him? Running backs are devalued if they actually do great in college. What's the market for a part time back?

FWIW CJ Anderson was never the featured back for Cal (shared time with tiny dancer Isi Sofele) but managed to have a pretty good NFL career
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    BearsWiin said:

Talk about empty calories. My goodness will anyone even draft him? Running backs are devalued if they actually do great in college. What's the market for a part time back?

FWIW CJ Anderson was never the featured back for Cal (shared time with tiny dancer Isi Sofele) but managed to have a pretty good NFL career
    NOC

@MikeDamone
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,526
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I think he will excel in the NFL with a team that passes him the fucking ball in space. Pete and Bush were too dumb to figure that out.

We did fuck up getting him so few of those touches. Throwing to the RB’s isn’t done by very many college teams in general.
    Wisconsin ran a perfect RB wheel route in 4th down in the Rose Bowl, which not only converted the 4th down, but went for like 20 yards because they’re best player is dragging DBs instead of front 7 players for YAC.
    Sark called the wheel route pretty regularly and to great effect. Just sayin'.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I think he will excel in the NFL with a team that passes him the fucking ball in space. Pete and Bush were too dumb to figure that out.

We did fuck up getting him so few of those touches. Throwing to the RB’s isn’t done by very many college teams in general.
    Wisconsin ran a perfect RB wheel route in 4th down in the Rose Bowl, which not only converted the 4th down, but went for like 20 yards because they’re best player is dragging DBs instead of front 7 players for YAC.
    Sark called the wheel route pretty regularly and to great effect. Just sayin'.
    The wheel route, as much as the quick slant, is all about when you do it and them not seeing it coming. Otherwise, they both have interception written all over them.
  • Options
    BonedogBonedog Member Posts: 650
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Who do thank Allah for now?
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    Baseman said:

He has elite measurables and some team will take a 6th round pick or something on him

Couldnt hold a candle to Gaskin and his meh measurables
    Yep but Ahmed will show up at the Combine, weigh in a little over 200 lb and run at least a low 4.4. He'll interview well, some team will fall in love and think he's at worst a 15 carry a game back, can return kicks then draft him somewhere between the end of the third and fourth round.
    There is no way he's going to be a 15 carry a game back. That makes you a feature back in today's league. The 16 guys who got 15+ carries a game this year average 222lbs. Six of them were 1st round draft picks, another six were taken in the 2nd round, two in the third, one in the fourth, and Chris Carson in the 7th.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dtd said:

Baseman said:

He has elite measurables and some team will take a 6th round pick or something on him

Yep but Ahmed will show up at the Combine, weigh in a little over 200 lb and run at least a low 4.4. He'll interview well, some team will fall in love and think he's at worst a 15 carry a game back, can return kicks then draft him somewhere between the end of the third and fourth round.
    He's never going to be a 15 carry a game back. That makes you a feature back in today's league. The 16 guys who got15+ carries a game this year average 222lbs.
    He’ll add the weight. He’ll run fast. He works hard and will ace the interviews. Assuming he doesn’t do a Sid Jones, Ill be shocked if Ahmed is still on the board come round 5.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,991
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Might be a while before I can use this again.

./﹋\
    (҂`_´)
    <,︻╦╤─ -- - - -- - -- Allahu Akbar الله اكبر AHMED
    ./﹋\
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Oh well, Dick and Cam 2020!
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,061
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020
    Baseman said:

dtd said:

Baseman said:

He's never going to be a 15 carry a game back. That makes you a feature back in today's league. The 16 guys who got15+ carries a game this year average 222lbs.
    He’ll add the weight. He’ll run fast. He works hard and will ace the interviews. Assuming he doesn’t do a Sid Jones, Ill be shocked if Ahmed is still on the board come round 5.
    And he won't even push 15 carries a game. Alvin Kamara didn't, Aaron Jones didn't, Saquon Barkley didn't, etc, etc, etc.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741

I still like Pleasant

Let the haters hate

the haters are, in fact, going to hate
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dugdawg said:

I was surprised to see he was a 1,000 yard rusher this year.

Next.

Meh. Probably a good move for him. His draft stock wont go up and he'll be sharing carries again next year, probably with an improved Dick and Cam Davis. Ultimately a solid but fairly forgettable career at UW.

Draft stock won't go up. Done all he can at UW. Short shelf life. Needs to take care of his familyChance to earn millions.

Did I get them all right?
    What's your point? Those are all true. Plus, now that he's gone you shouldn't really care about him.
    1) they are all stupid worn out platitudes said by fans trying to act classy

2) He has a chance to make millions. But he won’t. Unless his real estate career takes off in a coupe of years.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    LOL whaat that guy sucks!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

Baseman said:

That seems high. Tape don’t lie and I don’t think he’s that much faster than a lot of backs. I could be wrong.
    He’s run sub 4.4 —handtimed. His agent will hire him a speed coach for draft prep.