Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ahmed gone

Comments

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ahmed never broke many tackles. He can’t outrun people in the NFL. Sorry for the lack of doogness here, but I’ll be surprised if he’s on an NFL roster this time next year.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

Ahmed never broke many tackles. He can’t outrun people in the NFL. Sorry for the lack of doogness here, but I’ll be surprised if he’s drafted on an NFL roster this time next year.

• Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

I've been consistent with my view of achmed since the beginning of last season. He is not an every down back. He does not like running between the tackles and HATES big contact. How many times have you seen him run the A gap and lower his shoulder in to the linebacker?

Having said that I agree with his decision to leave. At the beginning of this year Dick Newt was clearly becoming the #1 rb and his injury is the only reason achmed had a reasonably successful season. If he were to come back next year he would be competing for the backup carries.

Just because he’s not amazing in between the tackles doesn’t make him not an everydown back. He’s a pretty good college RB. There really isn’t anything he can’t do, he just doesn’t do some things at a really high level.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

This bored is too low on him. He isn’t special but he was an above average Pac RB with talent our offense didn’t tap into.

We’ve just been spoiled as duck at RB the last decade and don’t realize what we had with Salvon.

He’ll be a weapon at the next level.

Agree with all this and I won’t be surprised if he does well in the NFL. I also won’t be surprised if he gets cut in his 2nd or 3rd year. There are too many variables. EWIWBI.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Six page thread for a
    Doogles said:

Baseman said:

Talk about empty calories. My goodness will anyone even draft him? Running backs are devalued if they actually do great in college. What's the market for a part time back?

He has elite measurables and some team will take a 6th round pick or something on him

Couldnt hold a candle to Gaskin and his meh measurables
    Yep but Ahmed will show up at the Combine, weigh in a little over 200 lb and run at least a low 4.4. He'll interview well, some team will fall in love and think he's at worst a 15 carry a game back, can return kicks then draft him somewhere between the end of the third and fourth round.
    That seems high. Tape don’t lie and I don’t think he’s that much faster than a lot of backs. I could be wrong.
    Roadie putting hours in the film room squinting at tape pays off again!
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Talk about empty calories. My goodness will anyone even draft him? Running backs are devalued if they actually do great in college. What's the market for a part time back?

He has elite measurables and some team will take a 6th round pick or something on him

Couldnt hold a candle to Gaskin and his meh measurables
    Yep but Ahmed will show up at the Combine, weigh in a little over 200 lb and run at least a low 4.4. He'll interview well, some team will fall in love and think he's at worst a 15 carry a game back, can return kicks then draft him somewhere between the end of the third and fourth round.
    That seems high. Tape don’t lie and I don’t think he’s that much faster than a lot of backs. I could be wrong.

He’s run sub 4.4 —handtimed. His agent will hire him a speed coach for draft prep.
    #FSP #differentdifferent
    Right? That aged well. 4.65 and Adams showed stiff at the combine. Not a good look. At all.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,172
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    He’s Dwayne Washington, only Washington actually ran a 4.4.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Houhusky said:

TTJ said:

He’s Dwayne Washington, only Washington actually ran a 4.4.

I had the same thought.

Dwayne Washington is still hanging around the league too—because he’s been able to bulk up to 225# while preserving breakaway speed.

If Ahmed can find a better trainer, he might be able to do same. He’s definitely got NFL twitchiness. He’s just never really learned how to use his considerable gifts.
    Dwayne Washington > Ahmed

Washington had better vision, pass protection, and balance

Ahmed runs were always hesitate, poor vision, fall down at first contact

Also Washington ran a 4.44 40 at 6'2" 226 lbs
    Washington didn’t have better vision. He had almost none. Ahmed has some vision. He’s just inconsistent.
    To be fair Ahmeds vision only looked fine sometimes because he would stop, plant his feet, and stand still in the backfield looking for the hole.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Salvons highlight tape should have been 90% jet sweeps to the house.