Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Get Ready for more of this!

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,316
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
edited December 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    What, HUGE shoulder pads?
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    I love those shoulder pads.
  • Options
    SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,438
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2013
    Sweet jeebus I can't wait to expect road wins against ranked teams. If Petersen is 1/2 the coach James was we will be fine.

Edit: classy

Edit2: Hoffman. Man amongst men
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club
    2 thoughts: I almost turned it off in the third quarter with the Huskies down 21-9, thankfully I kept watching YouTube. Secondly, where was Don James' Gatorade bath?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

2 thoughts: I almost turned it off in the third quarter with the Huskies down 21-9, thankfully I kept watching YouTube. Secondly, where was Don James' Gatorade bath?

I know you're being sarcastic, but he absolutely chewed out his players after they dumped that shit on him after a Rose Bowl win. He didn't believe in game day championships.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nebraska fans gave UW a standing ovation. Classy.
  • Options
    You used to be able to line up a defender in front of the snapper on field goals?
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    Founders Club
    I was being sarcastic. It's amazing how special Coach James was and those Husky teams were. I want those days back, and the Doog in me thinks Coach Petersen can get us there, and get us there the right way. I was only half joking about turning YouTube off though. I'm just so conditioned to think a halftime deficit let alone a 12 point late 3rd quarter deficit is insurmountable.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have a sweatpants boner
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Jake Locker, I wish I could have seen that team play.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

How many times do I have to hear about the classy ovation after that game Damone? It hsppened get over it. Youll never see it again.
  • Options

How many times do I have to hear about the classy ovation after that game Damone? It hsppened get over it. Youll never see it again.
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    AEB said:

I was being sarcastic. It's amazing how special Coach James was and those Husky teams were. I want those days back, and the Doog in me thinks Coach Petersen can get us there, and get us there the right way. I was only half joking about turning YouTube off though. I'm just so conditioned to think a halftime deficit let alone a 12 point late 3rd quarter deficit is insurmountable.

Fuck the doog. It's the DAWG in me that believes Petersen gets us there.

What a year it has been. Don James dies shortly after a humiliating plunger rape at ASU and the annual 3 game skid. A few weeks later, in what was nearly a miracle given his prior road record, Sark plunger rapes OSU setting up the possibility of an 8 win season with a home victory vs. WSU. Then, the inexplicable happened. Christmas arrived early at Montlake. USC hired away Sarkisian. Somewhere there must have been an only purple and gold rainbow that day. And, then when things looked to go horribly sideways with the prospect of another HC intern, Woodward hires Petersen.

UW has its first real HC since Don James. I am ready for "more of this." Hearing Keith Jackson in the video reminded me of a great quote. Not sure when first spoken and about which team, but it fit the Huskies in 1991 and that road game at Nebraska in particular:

“Great teams have great character. These are teams that are not distraught that they’re down at halftime.” – Keith Jackson
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    If Osborne ever recruited a qb who could throw (Frazier was borderline), Nebraska would have had a dynasty that no team coould ever touch. That option pass was there all day if they just had somebody to run it (not counting you Tommy)

Thaose were the days when college football was fun. Problem is most fucks on these boards were playing battleship and D&D then. Nobody to reminisce with!
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,316
    Founders Club
    Or practicing the tuba.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

If Osborne ever recruited a qb who could throw (Frazier was borderline), Nebraska would have had a dynasty that no team coould ever touch. That option pass was there all day if they just had somebody to run it (not counting you Tommy)

Thaose were the days when college football was fun. Problem is most fucks on these boards were playing battleship and D&D then. Nobody to reminisce with!

My first game in Husky stadium was in 1960 as a very young boy, dragged along by my folks, who were Cal grads but had adopted Husky football as their own. I don't even remember which team we played in the game, but I remember watching the epic Rose Bowl victory on TV that year, and have been addicted ever since. Sat in the bleachers until I was 18, including the Sixkiller era, and became an undergrad in the last years of Owens, and DJ became coach while I was an undergrad also.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Don James era is coming back. ay yay yay....
  • Options
    Global said:

My first game in Husky stadium was in 1960 as a very young boy, dragged along by my folks, who were Cal grads but had adopted Husky football as their own. I don't even remember which team we played in the game, but I remember watching the epic Rose Bowl victory on TV that year, and have been addicted ever since. Sat in the bleachers until I was 18, including the Sixkiller era, and became an undergrad in the last years of Owens, and DJ became coach while I was an undergrad also.
    You're old.
  • Options
    drogginsdroggins Member Posts: 804
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    That team was confident, talented, well coached, and united on the field. Miss the celebrations.