Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Get Ready for more of this!

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,592
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was too young to remember this; honestly my first real memory as a hardcore husky was being a young boy and my dad forcing me to watch us get beat by Neuheisel's (spelling, im drunk) CO buffalo and thinking, "fuck, we have Corey Dillon, FUCK THEM how dare they win this shit." Then we got him as our coach and I was elated. Yeah, it's been misery since then (the rose bowl that is)...Here's another Redhook to CP producing the sequel to this glorious video.
  • Options
    1. ESPN needs to bring that fucking opening theme music back

2. RIP Keith Jackson
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Global said:

My first game in Husky stadium was in 1960 as a very young boy, dragged along by my folks, who were Cal grads but had adopted Husky football as their own. I don't even remember which team we played in the game, but I remember watching the epic Rose Bowl victory on TV that year, and have been addicted ever since. Sat in the bleachers until I was 18, including the Sixkiller era, and became an undergrad in the last years of Owens, and DJ became coach while I was an undergrad also.

You're old.
    That is called "experienced". I was age six for my first Husky game. Haha.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333

Are you and Race Bannon in the same old folks home?

I forget.

Seriously, I had few classes with Warren Moon and a few others of that era. We are not quite ready for the old folks home. 60 is the new 40. You did not hear?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,858
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I had a class with Wayne Moses and Charles Jackson. Let them cheat off my test
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,317
    Founders Club

I had a class with Wayne Moses and Charles Jackson. Let them cheat off my test

iDawg says that when you tried to resist, they threatened to beat you up... So you came to class wearing a fake neck brace.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited December 2013
    Great vid. I remember 21 of the 22 starters, but have to admit I completely forgot that Paxton Teilili existed. DId he start over Tommie Smith for very long?
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Global said:

If Osborne ever recruited a qb who could throw (Frazier was borderline), Nebraska would have had a dynasty that no team coould ever touch. That option pass was there all day if they just had somebody to run it (not counting you Tommy)

Thaose were the days when college football was fun. Problem is most fucks on these boards were playing battleship and D&D then. Nobody to reminisce with!

My first game in Husky stadium was in 1960 as a very young boy, dragged along by my folks, who were Cal grads but had adopted Husky football as their own. I don't even remember which team we played in the game, but I remember watching the epic Rose Bowl victory on TV that year, and have been addicted ever since. Sat in the bleachers until I was 18, including the Sixkiller era, and became an undergrad in the last years of Owens, and DJ became coach while I was an undergrad also.
    was it a crisp Fall day?
  • Options
    Sweet vid DJ (I like to call you that).

A couple of poonts/queries:

1- The Husker fans should really bring back those corn cone-head hats if they haven't already.

2- Did Dr. Feelgood make the road-trip to Lincoln for this game?

3- Eric Bjornsen as the holder for kicks. Husky Legend.

4- At 12:31, the blonde chick...I'd bare pickle her 2 hole.

5- At 12:34, Husky or Husker fan, flips the bird. Not classy.
  • Options

FO,G

Never gets old.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options

FO,G

shut up old man.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,910
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I remember watching this game at Harborview because my grandma had come in from Montana and was recovering from knee surgery. My parents made me go up there... and 22 years later I feel guilty for resisting.

Edit: NOGAF about my story and I DGAF that NOGAF. Fuck you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Options
    PRedoubtPRedoubt Member Posts: 141
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    We need more O's... MariO, ChicO, OrlandO, Billy JOe, BenO...
  • Options
    Great clip, I couldn't ever picture a Steve Sarkisian team ever winning a big road game like that let alone when trailing 21-9.

This is when Hobert made his legend. He refused to quit and so cocky to the moment trailing that big didn't phase him at all.

On a critical 4th and 9, James goes "Come on Billy we need this!" and he turns to his coach in his second career start and goes "No shit".

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    I was at a b-day party. It was a pair of adopted kids from a wealthy single mom who had a big house on the water. The movie Mad Love was filmed there.

Some older kids were watching the game and I remember we fell behind and assumed we wouldn't win the NC. My Mom picked me up just as UW went ahead and I heard the domination on the radio the way home.