Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New decade: The Next Roaring Twenties?

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,293
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Tug Commies aren't going to like this.

Under the presidency of Donald Trump, America has gone from being one-fifth of the world’s economy to one-fourth — in three short years.

Economic events of today’s Trump economy will shape the perceptions of today’s newest Americans:

The economy has added 6 million jobs in the past three years.
    Unemployment rate dropped to 3.6 percent, the lowest level in 50 years.
    Economic growth rate is 2.1 percent. The ideal growth rate is between 2-3 percent.
    Median household income has reached $65,976 – an all-time high and up more than 8 percent in 2019 dollars under the Trump presidency
    Middle-class incomes, after adjusting for inflation, have surged by $5,003 since Donald Trump became president in January 2017.
    The poverty rate and food stamp rolls declined 15 percent.
    Stock prices rose: The S&P 500 index was up 29.8 percent.
    The number of murders dropped 6.9%.
    The FBI’s annual crime report, shows violent crime rate dropping 4.6 percent since President Trump took office, reversing an uptick in violent crime that occurred under the last two years of President Barack Obama.

What Cons used to call shitty growth is now celebrated. Some of us pointed out that 2-3% was good back when the black fella was President. But you girls aren’t hypocrites, of course.

The problem is that you can’t be anti-immigrant, have historically low birth rates and labor shortages, and also expect growth to continue in the sweet spot.
    Obama averaged under 1% for 8 years

You want to crown his ass then crown it but he was who we said he was

Trump is at 2% and no reason for it not to keep climbing as the deregulation and tax cuts continue their work

Obama didn't do shit and sucked. Get over it

Good economic policy has nothing to do with race unless you're a racist like @HHusky
    Obama took office in 2009. The lowest US growth rate thereafter was 1.6% in 2011, which is very close to forecasts of US growth in 2020. And I’ve always given you credit Race: your irrational hatred of Obama is not because he’s black. Can’t say the same about everyone here.
    Obama was milquetoast when it came to private sector and heavy handed on regulation. His policies absolutely dragged the economy. He believed in tax and spend as dems do. Big G at the cost of C & I since you believe in economics supposedly. I'll give him that he didn't completely wreck things like Warren or Sanders would but his entire premise (which you share) is managed decline with the government doing the managing.

When president's parties control Congress and pass major legislation there absolutely are economic ramifications, see tax cuts vs. Obamacare. Sure, there's all kinds of mitigating factors but you like to cherry pick what you do and don't contextualize.
    You don’t have to have a decline. Working people still want in and you can incentivize people to have more kids.
    Don't tell me tell the dems. Also, maybe just have government get the fuck out of the way.
    You’re an open borders advocate? How did the government stop millennials from reproducing?
    Massive government overregulation of childcare has made it ultra expensive to have children. Childcare costs more than a mortgage even in ultra expensive locations and doesn't get much cheaper in the boonies. Axe @YellowSnow or @dnc or anyone with young kids. It's a universal problem for my generation.
    It’s over regulation of childcare that’s made it expensive? I’ll look for you to make that case. When did it happen? Cuz it was more expensive than my mortgage 25 years ago too.

“The industry is highly regulated, perhaps reasonably so, given the vulnerability of the clientele—which is the second key driver of child-care costs. As Jordan Weissmann has reported in The Atlantic, states with strict labor laws tend to have the most expensive facilities. In Massachusetts, which requires one caregiver for every three infants, the average annual cost is more than $16,000. In Mississippi, which allows a one-to-five ratio, the cost is less than $5,000. Thanks to high turnover rates—a result of those low wages—companies have to constantly train new workers to meet regulatory standards. Other costs include insurance to cover damage to the property and worker injuries, as well as legal fees to deal with inevitable parent lawsuits.“

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/11/why-child-care-so-expensive/602599/
    The claim was over regulation. One caregiver for every three infants sounds like common sense.
    It’s over regulation. That’s the claim. That’s what it is. Sorry that makes your snatch hurt.

It should be left to the parents to decide what ratio they want. If a place offers 3:1 parents can choose that. If 5:1 is ok and more accommodating to their budge, then they can choose that. Of course, arrogant leftists like you know what’s best for everyone because it’s “common sense”. Fuck off.
    But 5:1 doesn’t offend you? Shouldn’t parents be free to choose 15:1?
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Under the presidency of Donald Trump, America has gone from being one-fifth of the world’s economy to one-fourth — in three short years.

Economic events of today’s Trump economy will shape the perceptions of today’s newest Americans:

Economic growth rate is 2.1 percent. The ideal growth rate is between 2-3 percent.
    Median household income has reached $65,976 – an all-time high and up more than 8 percent in 2019 dollars under the Trump presidency
    Middle-class incomes, after adjusting for inflation, have surged by $5,003 since Donald Trump became president in January 2017.
    The FBI’s annual crime report, shows violent crime rate dropping 4.6 percent since President Trump took office, reversing an uptick in violent crime that occurred under the last two years of President Barack Obama.

What Cons used to call shitty growth is now celebrated. Some of us pointed out that 2-3% was good back when the black fella was President. But you girls aren’t hypocrites, of course.

The problem is that you can’t be anti-immigrant, have historically low birth rates and labor shortages, and also expect growth to continue in the sweet spot.

Trump is at 2% and no reason for it not to keep climbing as the deregulation and tax cuts continue their work

Good economic policy has nothing to do with race unless you're a racist like @HHusky
    Obama took office in 2009. The lowest US growth rate thereafter was 1.6% in 2011, which is very close to forecasts of US growth in 2020. And I’ve always given you credit Race: your irrational hatred of Obama is not because he’s black. Can’t say the same about everyone here.
    Obama was milquetoast when it came to private sector and heavy handed on regulation. His policies absolutely dragged the economy. He believed in tax and spend as dems do. Big G at the cost of C & I since you believe in economics supposedly. I'll give him that he didn't completely wreck things like Warren or Sanders would but his entire premise (which you share) is managed decline with the government doing the managing.

When president's parties control Congress and pass major legislation there absolutely are economic ramifications, see tax cuts vs. Obamacare. Sure, there's all kinds of mitigating factors but you like to cherry pick what you do and don't contextualize.
    You don’t have to have a decline. Working people still want in and you can incentivize people to have more kids.
    Don't tell me tell the dems. Also, maybe just have government get the fuck out of the way.
    You’re an open borders advocate? How did the government stop millennials from reproducing?
    Massive government overregulation of childcare has made it ultra expensive to have children. Childcare costs more than a mortgage even in ultra expensive locations and doesn't get much cheaper in the boonies. Axe @YellowSnow or @dnc or anyone with young kids. It's a universal problem for my generation.
    It’s over regulation of childcare that’s made it expensive? I’ll look for you to make that case. When did it happen? Cuz it was more expensive than my mortgage 25 years ago too.

“The industry is highly regulated, perhaps reasonably so, given the vulnerability of the clientele—which is the second key driver of child-care costs. As Jordan Weissmann has reported in The Atlantic, states with strict labor laws tend to have the most expensive facilities. In Massachusetts, which requires one caregiver for every three infants, the average annual cost is more than $16,000. In Mississippi, which allows a one-to-five ratio, the cost is less than $5,000. Thanks to high turnover rates—a result of those low wages—companies have to constantly train new workers to meet regulatory standards. Other costs include insurance to cover damage to the property and worker injuries, as well as legal fees to deal with inevitable parent lawsuits.“

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/11/why-child-care-so-expensive/602599/
    The claim was over regulation. One caregiver for every three infants sounds like common sense.
    It’s over regulation. That’s the claim. That’s what it is. Sorry that makes your snatch hurt.

It should be left to the parents to decide what ratio they want. If a place offers 3:1 parents can choose that. If 5:1 is ok and more accommodating to their budge, then they can choose that. Of course, arrogant leftists like you know what’s best for everyone because it’s “common sense”. Fuck off.
    Yes they should be able to. When did I say they shouldn’t? Dumbass.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,095
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

You had a mortgage? I thought you said you’re rich. I guess just another lie.
    I haven’t always been rich.
    Still aren't.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,816
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember my having kids phase

I just had to be off the golf course by the time school was out

Self employed consultant. The 80s. Good times

I was there for them while my wife worked full time

My mom didn't have to work. Now it takes two incomes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I remember my having kids phase

I just had to be off the golf course by the time school was out

Self employed consultant. The 80s. Good times

I was there for them while my wife worked full time

My mom didn't have to work. Now it takes two incomes

Why would mom work when both dads are gayfully employed?
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m sure child labor laws are equally offensive to our favorite little libertarian too. This is why no one takes libertarianism seriously except dumbshits.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,323
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My wife has worked in the industry for almost 20 years and has run major centers all over the country. Her licensing and regulatory requirements are extreme to say the least. So much so that she is regularly contracted as an expert witness on major litigation (which there's also a ton of).

You'd think with your education in economics you'd be familiar with the fact that regulatory burden increases barriers to entry and thus increases costs to the consumer. That's like micro 102 after all.

Then there's all of the rising costs because of government subsidies and inflated administration that goes along with that. Kind of like the medical industry, college education, housing, and all of the other things the Government "makes affordable".

I could bother to cite plenty of evidence but let's be honest H your ideology won't allow you to change your mind so why bother?
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I’m sure child labor laws are equally offensive to our favorite little libertarian too. This is why no one takes libertarianism seriously except dumbshits.
    I'd change the subject if I were you too.
    In other words, this chick does want to eliminate child labor laws. ‘Cuz freedom!
  • Options

My wife has worked in the industry for almost 20 years and has run major centers all over the country. Her licensing and regulatory requirements are extreme to say the least. So much so that she is regularly contracted as an expert witness on major litigation (which there's also a ton of).

You'd think with your education in economics you'd be familiar with the fact that regulatory burden increases barriers to entry and thus increases costs to the consumer. That's like micro 102 after all.

Then there's all of the rising costs because of government subsidies and inflated administration that goes along with that. Kind of like the medical industry, college education, housing, and all of the other things the Government "makes affordable".

I could bother to cite plenty of evidence but let's be honest H your ideology won't allow you to change your mind so why bother?

Nobody says there isn’t a regulatory burden. You girls haven’t said what regulations you want to eliminate.
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HHusky said:

Nobody says there isn’t a regulatory burden. You girls haven’t said what regulations you want to eliminate.
    How about the one that allows you to use up valuable oxygen?

That's win-win.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    HHusky said:

They hate the regulations that keep them from being able to screw others for the sake of a buck. They love the regulations that keep others from being able to screw them for the sake of a buck.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I'd change the subject if I were you too.
    In other words, this chick does want to eliminate child labor laws. ‘Cuz freedom!
    Still fucking that straw man I see.
  • Options